Let me reminisce on the first wave of the Internet Hip-Hop scene 1996-2000

GETTINIT23

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I used to lurk the aol battle rooms back in the day, one name that I still remember is jfcxswordz, anybody got audio files of some of the tracks from this era?

Also one song that went... I grew up in the streets of jersey thank god I grew safely could never walk my block without my heat off safety

MouseTeeth

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Sucks that there's really no records of the internet battle board subculture...would be a dope subject for a documentary

Nevasoba

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
East Coast
I have unearthed my cpu back up disc....I have ALOT of music but it's mostly all in.ra and.rm format...give me a week to get this converted somehow and I'll have to figure out a way to get it out....its everything I have from 97-2000 reaper, Lennys, virus, tragic and obviously it's heavily jaded I have my stuff from 97-2004 and a couple things I apparently recorded in 2011...talk to yall soon

DoomzdayzV

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
^^^ ahhh shyt LennyS.........he was one of the dopest spitters back then, I had constant beef with that dude.....aint heard his name in a long ass time.

Nevasoba

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
East Coast
Lenny was one of my favorites I think he could have been great...still never heard anyone flow like him....I have 2 or 3 songs I did with him....I'm working on getting it all ready to share

Carbone

Rookie
Daps
Hahaha...

Wow ... Nevasoba and fmlxvirus..

This thread popped in my head and I wanted to see if anyone else stopped by holy shyt lol .. Never would have expected you guys .

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Remember them I had an account on there
An account on Cipher Divine? Was it a message board as well? I just went there for :feedme:purposes. That's how I heard 2001 for the first time :wow:
And they had all the super duper UG nerd rap vinyl in MP3 format :wow:

I actually recal it had a different name at first, you remember what it was?

DoomzdayzV

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hahaha...

Wow ... Nevasoba and fmlxvirus..

This thread popped in my head and I wanted to see if anyone else stopped by holy shyt lol .. Never would have expected you guys .

yeah when I made this thread I had no clue that a bunch of the AOL heads from the 90s would come out the woodwork. dudes like Nevasoba inspired me to step my pen game up. I looked up to alot of yall and yall gave me jewels that I still use today in my music. much love to all of u straight up