Daps
tell us more
27xdklz.png

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
cats had real reputations n shyt on the net... websites was like blocks and you would hear about another nikka from another block n go challenge son, but usually unless you were known you couldnt just get at a top dawg... gotta prove yaself. Nothing was worse then wastin a good verse on a complete herb.
yeah I heard about certain cats having reputations on specific forums.
I've heard of certain rappers being in online leagues and being well known
across multiple forums.
Some cats are supposed to have screen names that are still
recognized to this day.
But since the textcee scene died down and online battle leagues lost
their luster many of those same names have gone on to other things.
I wasn't around when people were battling on AOL and Yahoo but I did
manage to see textcee'ing before it all started to go out of style.
I know certain people like Warbux for example were well known.

Back before everybody knew how to find music online :blessed:

Downloading tracks off Kazaa and hustling them at school :whew:

:blessed:
Kazaa was the shyt :laugh:
Before I learned of much better alternatives.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
man I remember first seeing cunninlynguists on rapmusic.com or something similar's forums. Tonedeff as well.

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
My memory of the internet hip-hop scene back from '96 and on is hazy, too busy tryin' to scheme on girls in the AOL chat rooms. :skip: Also vaguely remember some hip-hop discussion "poster boards" from Prodigy in the '95 or timeline. Talk about early forums.

DoomzdayzV

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah Napster didnt excite me much at all...a bunch of mis-named files and snippets passed off as full songs.
this song gotta be the first home made internet rap joint that went viral

I remember Benefit from Shinelight...which was a Real Audio battle tourney site on ezboards. It was hosted by this dikkhead Weapon X who did some time for punching some nikkas grandma by accident. Tonedef got his rep on the same site.

SwagKingKong

All Star
Daps
this song gotta be the first home made internet rap joint that went viral

benefit was ill

anyway i remember the hiphop scene on the internet in around 2001-02 or so i was on d12s forum, btnh-board, dpgrecordz, outlaw recordz etc. those forums were ill

mike dean and daz posted regularly on the dpg forum, daz was hilarious

DoomzdayzV

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My memory of the internet hip-hop scene back from '96 and on is hazy, too busy tryin' to scheme on girls in the AOL chat rooms. :skip: Also vaguely remember some hip-hop discussion "poster boards" from Prodigy in the '95 or timeline. Talk about early forums.

ahaaa yo I used to cyber sex mad broads on aol....then I moved on to gettin the digits and callin em up, sometimes long distance for phone sex. I met this one rican chick from queens in person but she never wanted to give it up so I said fukk it.

That cyber shyt was hilarious in retrospect though.

"Nice pic, wanna cyber?":shaq:

"Sure" :wub:

"Aight, let me kiss on your neck girl. Now im moving back and forth between kissin your neck and your lips. My dikk is growing real fast. I cant wait to taste that puss" :noah:

:laff::laff::laff::laff:

Edit: AOL used to have mods in the public chats with the letters TOS in front of their names, and if they caught u cursing they would boot your ass off AOL and you would have to wait 5 days and then call them up on the 800 number to reactivate your account. STEVE CASE WAS A fukkIN fakkit.

Last edited:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I used to fukk with the ciphers as juggernaut on rapmusic.com from 99-01. Damn I wish I could remember the password for that shyt. :ohlawd: