Let me reminisce on the first wave of the Internet Hip-Hop scene 1996-2000

Ugo Ogugwa

Neega Wotsssss
Supporter
Daps
I used to text battle... that shyt was fun as hell.
RBL and other leagues... I could never be the champ, but I was usually top 10 on any given site. But dudes like P-nut, John Dough, etc could fukk me up 85 outta 100 times. Every now and then I go back and look at the shyt and it aint what it used to be.

I remember they had an invite of the top 64 for like a march madness thing... with real prizes n shyt.

You used to text battle? I make the tec rattle
Extended stretched barrel bark like DMX samples

jmspro

Banned
Daps
When we first found about about kazaa and usenet it was a goldmine in the streets. We was hustling cd's, movies, along with throwbacks and bootleg Js. When we could get our hands on music before the bootleggers it was a wrap.

intilectual recipricol

Killin fake hip hop
Daps
Reppin
The Brook
ahhh chat rooms lol...

before a big battle I would bounce ideas off my nikkaz (from the board) on AIM... I log into my accounts about once a year to see if any of them muthafukkaz is still on. I know one of them catz used to be on :hamster: dont know if they made it hear, but I aint talk to them cats in like a decade.

BastardChild

Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Daps
Reppin
Bridgeport , CT To Columbia , SC
the Real Audio battle scene was my thing but textceeing was something I was kinda into at one point too. Anyways...if anything below rings a bell to anyone, let it be known!:

CenterStage (Freesteelo ran the show) - a bunch of yall CunninLynguist dudes got your start on here like Dj Kno, Cashmere the PROfessional, Deacon the Villain etc

The old AOL crews like JFC FML TM MLC (That nikka JFCxSniper was looked at like the Rakim of AOL)

Sethro

HomegrownHipHopZone

I know this shyt sounds corny as fukk to you young cats but for some odd reason I feel like alot of yall motherfukkers from back then are on here and I would never know it.
fukk JFC i was in MONO.. we had Lil Vic in our squad back then he was Lord Poseidon

BastardChild

Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Daps
Reppin
Bridgeport , CT To Columbia , SC
Have you heard these dudes rap in 2013? If not whats the point of being dope textcees when you can't rhyme on a beat..I know all about that shyt..it looks good on paper..but as soon as they get on the mic they collapse...not me..I bust mics to combustion
2 people i fukked with Mac Lethal and Lil vic both still rap ... Deacon The Villain.. DJ Kno.... a few others