Let me reminisce on the first wave of the Internet Hip-Hop scene 1996-2000

BastardChild

Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Daps
Reppin
Bridgeport , CT To Columbia , SC
the Real Audio battle scene was my thing but textceeing was something I was kinda into at one point too. Anyways...if anything below rings a bell to anyone, let it be known!:

CenterStage (Freesteelo ran the show) - a bunch of yall CunninLynguist dudes got your start on here like Dj Kno, Cashmere the PROfessional, Deacon the Villain etc

The old AOL crews like JFC FML TM MLC (That nikka JFCxSniper was looked at like the Rakim of AOL)

Sethro

HomegrownHipHopZone

I know this shyt sounds corny as fukk to you young cats but for some odd reason I feel like alot of yall motherfukkers from back then are on here and I would never know it.

I fukked with Deacon that was man back then.. Mr Kozan .. DJ Kno i just remember his beats back then and everyone saying how ill of a prodcuer he was.. i ran with Vernakular , HurkqLeess and Lil Vic... and there was 1 more dude i cant remember his name right now.. that was our squad.. we were nice lol

intilectual recipricol

Killin fake hip hop
Daps
Reppin
The Brook
I've heard stories of these glory days :laugh:
It's always interesting to hear what it was like
back then :lupe:
cats had real reputations n shyt on the net... websites was like blocks and you would hear about another nikka from another block n go challenge son, but usually unless you were known you couldnt just get at a top dawg... gotta prove yaself. Nothing was worse then wastin a good verse on a complete herb.

BastardChild

Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Daps
Reppin
Bridgeport , CT To Columbia , SC
cats had real reputations n shyt on the net... websites was like blocks and you would hear about another nikka from another block n go challenge son, but usually unless you were known you couldnt just get at a top dawg... gotta prove yaself. Nothing was worse then wastin a good verse on a complete herb.

word....there was another website i havent seen it posted and i dont remember the name.. all rap battles and spots to post your verses.. i remember i had 2 verses in the archives lol.. shyt is bothering me that i cant think of it to..

DoomzdayzV

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Naper and Limewire.. or whatever the fukk it was called.. i remember the programs you used to get on aol to punt people out chat rooms an shyt..

ahaaaa they used to call those shyts "proggies"....alot of those were viruses in disguise I remember my hard drive getting reformatted on the strength of some bullshyt proggie called FireToolz.

intilectual recipricol

Killin fake hip hop
Daps
Reppin
The Brook
These young nikkas don't get it....

.... OG Napster still hasn't been topped :2wow:
nah breh... findin that rare song, only it was in red meaning it would take literally all day to dl... then its finally dl'd and you go to listen to it and it was some ol bullshyt someone named wrong just to trick you... fukk that old napster shyt. When Kazaa came thats when shyt got real, then it got shut down and limewire popped up... then bearshare. I had all the songs.

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
nah breh... findin that rare song, only it was in red meaning it would take literally all day to dl... then its finally dl'd and you go to listen to it and it was some ol bullshyt someone named wrong just to trick you... fukk that old napster shyt. When Kazaa came thats when shyt got real, then it got shut down and limewire popped up... then bearshare. I had all the songs.

Kazaa had the same problems, you download a song then 30 seconds into it was the horrible noise that made your ears bleed

Download 10 songs, go to sleep, wake up and they're finished and ready to burn :blessed:

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
the reason i started posting on forums was BECAUSE of text battling and DLing instrumentals.

i was in high school in the earl 2000s so maybe this is late for some of y'all but i was on a few random ass forums like mobstaz and nobodysmiling. i was on ughh, i think too. it's hard to remember really because i was just a leech back then. nothing like my coli posting career.

smARTmouf

Ascended Member
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I know its seen as super lame now...but text battles were the shyt...

Just pure fun...for the love of the art. Now everybody is a boss. People need to lighten up...