Let me get this straight with $70 TLOU 1 remake LEAK Update: No TLOU2 gameplay improvements. Only audio/ visuals upgrade. Still not a cash grab lol

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Full quote for the Last of Us Remake:

"Enjoy a total overhaul of the original experience, faithfully reproduced but incorporating modernized gameplay, improved controls and expanded accessibility options. Plus, feel immersed with improved effects and enhanced exploration and combat."

Man.... That's a whole ass unnecessary lie. I don't understand why bother to say such a thing

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Full quote for the Last of Us Remake:

"Enjoy a total overhaul of the original experience, faithfully reproduced but incorporating modernized gameplay, improved controls and expanded accessibility options. Plus, feel immersed with improved effects and enhanced exploration and combat."

Man.... That's a whole ass unnecessary lie. I don't understand why bother to say such a thing

Should have called it what is was, a visual remake with some QoL features and priced it accordingly. I’m cool with waiting for a discount, i got a lot to play this fall

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Typical Sony :manny:

Getting more and more flagrant with it.

Hopefully this gets the flack it deserves and they don't try it again.

I'm sure it'll sell well regardless though

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
Plot twist: ND leaked this footage, and it’s alpha gameplay :troll:

Frfr thoug, I don’t think they wanted Part I to be as complete as Part II. So when you play through Part 2 that gameplay jump is still there (no pun intended). The problem is this is technically the predecessor, but it’s releasing afterwards, on a newer generation console. No ray tracing (I don’t care about that personally) was kind of an indication this wasn’t built from the ground up with everything being improved or belter than Part 2 in mind. I think the game will be superb still, but they definitely did lie, and could have at least been transparent like breh from earlier said. Then add the fact there’s no factions.

I think some good will come of this though. This should definitely be a lesson for Sony & ND. Kind of like CDPR. People still got to remember though. Some of ND was working on Factions 2, their next game, and some of the team were free with nothing to do. Some other team started this, and then Sony had ND step in to help, then ND finished the whole project.

It probably was just a side project they gave a decently high priority. Enough to make it look polished (at least more than the remaster), and get it out fast. Because from when the rumors leaked about this game until the release date being show. They finished this game pretty quick.

Oh and sidenote. For those who preorder games, why? I never understood why anyone would do that when game’s release broken, gaming companies love to finese, and I’d rather see reviews before I make my purchase. Only game I ever preordered was ironically TLOU2, hours before.

EDIT: For everybody online saying they hated TLOU2. They really wanted it’s gameplay in this remake (ND promise or not). I know, I know, the story is what made it bad lol. There were a few people back when TLOU2 released (not on thecoli) saying the gameplay was the same as Part I though. I haven’t forgot.

I always thought Part 2 was better in every way. This remake most likely will still have all them carry a plank/ladder sections and it’ll be foolish to believe ALL the jank from the og is gone. But for the person who never played the game. This will absolutely be the way to play (shyt for some fanatics who played the og a hundred times already to). We can complain (really it’s not complaining, just calling ND out on the BS) but I do understand the vision somewhat. Just not the price tag.

It’s seems like greed (probably Sony is to blame more so than ND), but like I said earlier. Why not port it to PS4 and get the extra sales? If you’re going to be greedy, go all the way with it. The game is already gold. And it doesn’t appear to have anything that last gen couldn’t do, outside of the Dualsense features. Maybe they couldn’t meet the date they aimed for if they did.

Last edited:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Plot twist: ND leaked this footage, and it’s alpha gameplay :troll:

Frfr thoug, I don’t think they wanted Part I to be as complete as Part II. So when you play through Part 2 that gameplay jump is still there (no pun intended). The problem is this is technically the predecessor, but it’s releasing afterwards, on a newer generation console. No ray tracing (I don’t care about that personally) was kind of an indication this wasn’t built from the ground up with everything being improved or belter than Part 2 in mind. I think the game will be superb still, but they definitely did lie, and could have at least been transparent like breh from earlier said. Then add the fact there’s no factions.

I think some good will come of this though. This should definitely be a lesson for Sony & ND. Kind of like CDPR. People still got to remember though. Some of ND was working on Factions 2, their next game, and some of the team were free with nothing to do. Some other team started this, and then Sony had ND step in to help, then ND finished the whole project.

It probably was just a side project they gave a decently high priority. Enough to make it look polished (at least more than the remaster), and get it out fast. Because from when the rumors leaked about this game until the release date being show. They finished this game pretty quick.
Imo to justify the price they got to package Part 1 & 2 in my opinion. Hard pass.

Or Part 1 and Factions

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
Imo to justify the price they got to package Part 1 & 2 in my opinion. Hard pass.

Or Part 1 and Factions
They could of gave a pass or discount for factions 2 whenever it releases, bundle TLOU2, bundle 3 months of HBO Max. Release it on the highest tier for PS+. They could of made it $50 via PS discounts if you’re subscribed to PS+ etc

The way they are going through with this screams out of touch, and incompetent (marketing wise) imo. Then these leakers aren’t making things any better as well.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Just feels like theres not enough of a ‘hook’ to sell this. They could have done a spider-man miles morales thing and package this with part 2 remaster

It’ll be a nice December game to play after the commotion is over

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Just feels like theres not enough of a ‘hook’ to sell this. They could have done a spider-man miles morales thing and package this with part 2 remaster

It’ll be a nice December game to play after the commotion is over

as an ardent sony stan even I cant justify 70 for this lol now. improved graphics only, foh

Daps
Should I get this version, or should I wait for the inevitable PS5 Pro remake/upgrade? Every time I get ready to play this game, it seems a new version is announced. :russ: