Leonardo DiCaprio /Tom Hardy 'The Revenant' (Official Thread)

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Other than the cinematography and Hardy it was pretty average :yeshrug:

Nothing special abut Dicaprio's performance here. Will be what Training Day/Alonzo Harris was to Denzel.

Got me thinking what Hardy would have done with the role :whoo:

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
I don't know who's all nominated so I can't say. I just don't think his performance deserves the reward this time. Which is sad because he got snubbed many times when I feel he did deserve it.

Yeah, I don't know about that. His physical acting in this film was outstanding. His facial expressions were top notch. You felt for him and what he was dealing with down in the wilderness.

Of everyone that is being nominated this year in the Best Actor category he definitely deserves it.

Jacaveli The Don

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#NarcissistGang
Good film, but the Hollywood template is getting boring.

Good guy gets attacked/injured, recovers and then seeks revenge. Rinse and repeat.

Leo character must have the worst luck in the last 10+ years of movie history,
First he gets attacked by a bear (TWICE), then his son gets killed in front of him while he can't do anything, then left for dead in a grave poorly covered with soil, then swims into a waterfall, then gets chased off a CLIFF where his horse dies, then stabbed in the face and hand, and his ear is bitten off

Talk about making the audience feel sorry for a character.

• Dap
Reactions: IVS
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
even if he wasn't scalped... look out for number one :yeshrug:. Another thing
I know its a movie but no human would have survived what Glass survived. Even after he survived that bear attack. I mean come on, that was some immune system that guy had

In real life Glass actually DID survive that ordeal

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I don't know who's all nominated so I can't say. I just don't think his performance deserves the reward this time. Which is sad because he got snubbed many times when I feel he did deserve it.

He's going to get it. And this time it'll be more a "legacy Oscar" than anything else. An apology of sorts for snubbing him in the past, now I personally think he did a great job and if he wins, it certainly won't be one of those "controversial" picks that people debate about years later. I was really rooting for Will Smith and his performance in Concussion but it doesn't look like the movie itself is getting enough love to propel him, so it's basically a lock for Leo. Steve Carrell has gotten props, but not the near unanimous praise Leo has gotten, even reviews I've read criticizing the movie itself have taken great pains to praise Leo (and to a lesser extent Hardy)

Let's just say I would be absolutely 100% SHOCKED if Leo doesn't walk away with two Gold statues (Golden Globe and Oscar)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
when did he actually deserved it tho?
(twows) He lost to McConaughey in Dallas buyers club
(Blood diamond) He lost to forest Whitaker in last king of scotland
(the aviator) lost to Jaime foxx in ray
(gilbert grape) lost to tommy lee jones in the fugitive

He definitely deserved it for Wolf Of Wallstreet over McConaughey for Dallas Buyers Club.

He didn't even get a nomination for Supporting Actior for Django Unchained. That was a snub with a CAPITAL S.

The other ones weren't really snubs he just went up against other powerhouse performances. Jamie Foxxx in Ray was a true "A Muthafukking Star is BORN" performance, I still love that movie to this day. Forrest Whitaker turned in the best acting job of his entire career with Last King Of Scotland (I wanted Will to win that year for Pursuit Of Happyness but i wasn't mad) and Tommy Lee Jones was a veteran while Leo was still a youngin when they went up against each other, they usually go with the veteran in those instances

swampfox

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The thing is... Leo didnt even have the best performance in the movie :francis:

giphy.gif
Tom Hardy's role has been madly underrated. He was the perfect antagonist.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Good film, but the Hollywood template is getting boring.

Good guy gets attacked/injured, recovers and then seeks revenge. Rinse and repeat.

Leo character must have the worst luck in the last 10+ years of movie history,
First he gets attacked by a bear (TWICE), then his son gets killed in front of him while he can't do anything, then left for dead in a grave poorly covered with soil, then swims into a waterfall, then gets chased off a CLIFF where his horse dies, then stabbed in the face and hand, and his ear is bitten off

Talk about making the audience feel sorry for a character.
its based on a real story