Leonardo DiCaprio /Tom Hardy 'The Revenant' (Official Thread)

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Lol, nope. Poor story telling.
Okay..I'll take the bait...

Quasi military group? Really breh? They were contracted fur trappers who got got on their way back from a trapping expedition. Leo was their scout, which they firmly established in the first 20 minutes.
The natives that attacked were looking for the one dude's kidnapped daughter, who, as it turns out, was kidnapped by French fur trappers who were also in the area. Leo saved her from getting raped by the one dude which is why, in the end, the natives scalped Hardy and let Leo live.
I mean, the plot couldn't be more straight forward, and clearly explained.

The random "Indian spirit" was Leo's woman, who he had his son with but got killed by whites. He's alone, in the middle of nowhere, on a revenge mission to avenge his son. So..you know..he's thinking about family...

As for the CGI, you may have missed this, but the vast majority of the film was shot on location, under natural light. The CGI that was included was to make it more real.

Last edited:

street heat

merchant of death
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol you got sucked in by the hype. Average movie...there was no background to anything. Like all the sudden you're just watching (apparently) a quasi military group walking endlessly in the woods. The random indian spirit floating above him lmao...what was that. They did a horrible job of any character background/story background. Maybe y'all heard the plot from previews/reviews and social media so you knew what it was. I don't have cable and went in cold as hell. There was literally no backstory whatsoever as to what was going on. The bear scene was intense even though you knew it was CGI, and yeah he slept in a dead horse. Big deal.

Lotta blood lust in the movie too. It just takes more than some blood and pretty nature scenes to impress me.

They said it's based on real events, lmao. Yeah the only thing similar to the real story is that Hugh Glass was an explorer in the winter elements. All the rest was fiction.

I wouldn't spend $13 on it again.

I didn't get suckered in by anything. I don't watch tv you fat faggit. I only happened to hear there was a new movie with Leo and Tom hardy. I'm off work so I downloaded it and watched it without knowing what's it about.

if Leo is getting award buzz for this it's well deserved as far as I'm concerned. Tom hardy was great as well.

Daps
Okay..I'll take the bait...

Quasi military group? Really breh? They were contracted fur trappers who got got on their way back from a trapping expedition. Leo was their scout, which they firmly established in the first 20 minutes.
The natives that attacked were looking for the one dude's kidnapped daughter, who, as it turns out, was kidnapped by French fur trappers who were also in the area. Leo saved her from getting raped by the one dude which is why, in the end, the natives scalped Hardy and let Leo live.
I mean, the plot couldn't be more straight forward, and clearly explained.

The random "Indian spirit" was Leo's woman, who he had his son with but got killed by whites. He's alone, in the middle of nowhere, on a revenge mission to avenge his son. So..you know..he's thinking about family...

As for the CGI, you may have missed this, but the vast majority of the film was shot on location, under natural light. The CGI that was included was to make it more real.

Lol I know all of that plot wise. Still just didn't come off as believable, and they could have spent more time giving some backstory rather than watching him drag his ass all over Montana.

And there was a TON of CGI all over that movie. I promise you it's not nearly as authentic as you think. Like the water flooding all over those trees in the beginning scene? All CGI.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Lol I know all of that plot wise. Still just didn't come off as believable, and they could have spent more time giving some backstory rather than watching him drag his ass all over Montana.

And there was a TON of CGI all over that movie. I promise you it's not nearly as authentic as you think. Like the water flooding all over those trees in the beginning scene? All CGI.
Next you're gonna try to tell me the bear wasn't real :camby:

Daps

Stick to your twilight movies if you wanna be spoonfed like some damn child that can't even put two and two together.

As the other posters stated, the backstory was stated early on, it's called exposition.

Daps
Stick to your twilight movies if you wanna be spoonfed like some damn child that can't even put two and two together.

As the other posters stated, the backstory was stated early on, it's called exposition.

I'm sorry my views on this movie have you feeling sensitive. I hope you buy it on dvd and enjoy it for years to come.

Daps

Also wanted to add, I've never seen any of the twilight movies.

I bet you have though:sas2:

Daps