Leonardo DiCaprio /Tom Hardy 'The Revenant' (Official Thread)

Only On Camera

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Good film, but the Hollywood template is getting boring.

Good guy gets attacked/injured, recovers and then seeks revenge. Rinse and repeat.

Leo character must have the worst luck in the last 10+ years of movie history,
First he gets attacked by a bear (TWICE), then his son gets killed in front of him while he can't do anything, then left for dead in a grave poorly covered with soil, then swims into a waterfall, then gets chased off a CLIFF where his horse dies, then stabbed in the face and hand, and his ear is bitten off

Talk about making the audience feel sorry for a character.
At the end when he was looking for Fitz, there was a scene where snow started falling down a mountain and I thought my man was about to get himself stuck in the middle of an avalanche :bryan:

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
Just got through seeing this. I loved it. Really felt his struggle. Even though parts of it were far fetched and needed some suspension of belief.

Daps
Watched it tonight. It was ok. I went with some friends and had no idea what the premise was,etc. I literally pulled out my phone 40 mins into it and googled the plot for the movie cuz I thought I missed something. Nope, just a quasi military group traveling apparently aimlessly in the woods I guess in the 1800's. Don't know why, nor where they're going but there they are.

Too many disjointed scenes and scenes that didn't make sense. He saved the Indian chick and she returns to her tribe. But at the end she nor her father even acknowledge him and instead stare him down like he killed their family or something. Just didn't make sense to me.

Yeah cinematography was cool, but how much was actually CGI? Damn near all of it I would guess.

Probably wouldn't recommend it.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
Saw this last night, that boy Tom Hardy went IN on his role man. Bruh nailed it, that's my top actor right now brehs :mjcry:

That wasn't the best performance of Leo's career, but he's deserving of the Golden Globe and Oscar because I don't think any of the other GG nominees were better than him

street heat

merchant of death
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watched it tonight. It was ok. I went with some friends and had no idea what the premise was,etc. I literally pulled out my phone 40 mins into it and googled the plot for the movie cuz I thought I missed something. Nope, just a quasi military group traveling apparently aimlessly in the woods I guess in the 1800's. Don't know why, nor where they're going but there they are.

Too many disjointed scenes and scenes that didn't make sense. He saved the Indian chick and she returns to her tribe. But at the end she nor her father even acknowledge him and instead stare him down like he killed their family or something. Just didn't make sense to me.

Yeah cinematography was cool, but how much was actually CGI? Damn near all of it I would guess.

Probably wouldn't recommend it.

:what:

:snoop:

anyway.....great movie.

Daps
:what:

:snoop:

anyway.....great movie.

Lol you got sucked in by the hype. Average movie...there was no background to anything. Like all the sudden you're just watching (apparently) a quasi military group walking endlessly in the woods. The random indian spirit floating above him lmao...what was that. They did a horrible job of any character background/story background. Maybe y'all heard the plot from previews/reviews and social media so you knew what it was. I don't have cable and went in cold as hell. There was literally no backstory whatsoever as to what was going on. The bear scene was intense even though you knew it was CGI, and yeah he slept in a dead horse. Big deal.

Lotta blood lust in the movie too. It just takes more than some blood and pretty nature scenes to impress me.

They said it's based on real events, lmao. Yeah the only thing similar to the real story is that Hugh Glass was an explorer in the winter elements. All the rest was fiction.

I wouldn't spend $13 on it again.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
^i think its half and half or something like that....prolly had the bear attack a green bag or something and superimposed leo or some shyt like that. It was great cgi tho no doubt about that
All cgi. They had leo attached to wires and built rubber trees for him to get thrown into

H.S.

All Star
Daps
Lol you got sucked in by the hype. Average movie...there was no background to anything. Like all the sudden you're just watching (apparently) a quasi military group walking endlessly in the woods. The random indian spirit floating above him lmao...what was that. They did a horrible job of any character background/story background. Maybe y'all heard the plot from previews/reviews and social media so you knew what it was. I don't have cable and went in cold as hell. There was literally no backstory whatsoever as to what was going on. The bear scene was intense even though you knew it was CGI, and yeah he slept in a dead horse. Big deal.

There was a backstory, but maybe you were just too uninterested to catch it. Judging from your last few posts, it seems like it might have just went over your head.

Last edited: