Leo Messi about to break the most liked IG post record

Bmezy

All Star
Daps
Not caring is one thing, not knowing or understanding is completely different and extremely embarrassing.
“not knowing or understanding is completely different and extremely embarrassing.” - well yeah, to those that foolishly project their biased opinions onto others. Most ppl keep it confined to their inner thoughts, though..

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
For people saying that the US isn't good at soccer are slightly mistaken...the US Women's Soccer team is GOAT tier but the Men's team well they're hot trash 🤷🏾‍♂️ and nobody takes them seriously for good reason, they suck lol.

There's now more interest in the US..There's a few Black American dudes whove played top level Football in England earning big money.
Soccer is alien to most Americans, but you can see the way Drake folllows it..I suppose because it may be bigger in Canada due to the immigrant population.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
Im in the minority, but I agree. I haven’t checked stats, but I swear all his goals came from penalties… maybe he had 1 assist… again I could be wrong

I only saw 2 goals in open play, the rest have been penalties.

Mbappe has only played in 2 world cups but has already scored more goals than any other in world cup history. Or is tied with Pele.

Slim Charles

All Star
Daps
I only saw 2 goals in open play, the rest have been penalties.

Mbappe has only played in 2 world cups but has already scored more goals than any other in world cup history. Or is tied with Pele.

Mbappe will break the record barring injury or France crashing out early in the next few world cups but Mbappe is joint 6th with Pele for most World Cup goals

This whole debate about popularity pointless. Soccer/ football is comfortably the most popular sport in the world and it is what it is. If it becomes crazy popular one day in the US so be it and if Americans ignorant of how popular soccer is globally again so be it.

We’re all generally sheep of our culture. If any American instead happened to be born in the UK or Brazil, they’d likely be saying soccer the best sport. And if I was born in the US, I’d probably argue basketball or American football. So it’s ridiculous to start getting almost ‘nationalist’ about your favourite sport.

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
“not knowing or understanding is completely different and extremely embarrassing.” - well yeah, to those that foolishly project their biased opinions onto others. Most ppl keep it confined to their inner thoughts, though..
I don't even know what your point is but you should probably stop talking now tbh.

Duke Wy Lin

It's been a good run. Wish y'all the best ✊🏿
Daps
What's funny is soccer is seen as a rich kid sport, but is probably casually the cheapest sport to play and requires the least amount of equipment.

Plus most of the population is under 6' which is pretty much an advantage in the sport (low center of gravity).

It's seen as a rich kid sport in America. In the rest of the world it's a sport for the masses. Poor kids in Africa, Latin America, Asia play soccer/football outside with empty bottles and whatever else they can find.

Duke Wy Lin

Daps
I don’t know about all that but this was very satisfying

That Spanish ref was terrible. Lost control of the game and allowed the Argentinians to get away with too much BS.

Duke Wy Lin

Daps
There’s not one agertinian that hates Messi
How many Americans hate bron or Floyd

False. Dude has been catching hate from some of his countrymen for his entire career because he wasn't as successful with the national team as he was with Barcelona. Argentinian fans are extremely fanatic. Soccer is like a religion over there

FishNGrits

Superstar
Daps
I really hope soccer keeps gaining traction with the younger crowd in the US. We have the money to to poach top tier soccer minds and set up a club system like Europe with lower tier teams to train our athletes early. Would love to see us seriously compete on the international stage.

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
For people saying that the US isn't good at soccer are slightly mistaken...the US Women's Soccer team is GOAT tier but the Men's team well they're hot trash 🤷🏾‍♂️ and nobody takes them seriously for good reason, they suck lol.
The US team is top 13 in the world and most certainly does not suck. :beli: England and Mexico can’t beat us for instance :mjlit: