Leo Messi about to break the most liked IG post record

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know where this myth comes from.

Like the rest of Latin America, the typical Argentine is mixed race (Native American and white). Plus Argentina is an incredibly diverse country with the second largest Asian population in LatAm after Brazil.
Interesting.. did not know.. I have read shyt about their war, and everyone I’ve met from Argentina back east has damn near resembled an European with no native roots.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
A league versus a planet wide cup

A terrestrial cup

Catch up breh

Premier League Championships fasho ain't doing NFL numbers

Or any of them poverty kickball leagues in Europe

:mjlol:

The Champions League final is watched by significantly more people than the Super Bowl, while international football pulls in incredible audiences.​

"While figures for the 2022 Champions League final global viewership are not yet finalized, the 2021 final between Chelsea and Manchester City pulled in an estimated 700 million viewers, a remarkable figure given the two clubs in question play in the same national league. However, such is the global appeal of football, and the diversity of nationalities in any given team in the modern game, that even when sides from the same country meet in a European final interest transcends the identity of the sides. This is one of the reasons that football, in the international sense of the word, hugely outstrips its US counterpart in terms of global audience figures, even when the Super Bowl itself is the game it is being compared to.

The 2021 Super Bowl between the Los Angeles Rams and the Cincinanati Bengals, for example, pulled in an estimated 112 million viewers, almost 600 million fewer than the 2021 Champions League final." :picard:

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
I remember seeing Twitter babble claiming Beyonce, Drake, LeBron etc are as popular as Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar :mjlol:

These elite futbol players are in another stratosphere entirely when it comes to fame. The only athlete remotely in the same ballpark when it comes to popularity was Ali.
A lot of Americans (because I already know it was only Americans saying this shyt) genuinely have no frame of reference in terms of just how BIG the world is and how many people exist outside of the narrow Amero-centric lens. Like I remember when that annoying fukking Despacito song was everywhere and blowing up the charts people (Americans) were whining and screaming 'iNduStrY PlaNT!!q1!1!" because there was no way a song that "wasn't even in English" had taken over the world. There are 7.5+ BILLION people outside of the U.S. living in countries/regions with double our population that all have their own superstar athletes and entertainers.

Bmezy

All Star
Daps
A lot of Americans (because I already know it was only Americans saying this shyt) genuinely have no frame of reference in terms of just how BIG the world is and how many people exist outside of the narrow Amero-centric lens. Like I remember when that annoying fukking Despacito song was everywhere and blowing up the charts people (Americans) were whining and screaming 'iNduStrY PlaNT!!q1!1!" because there was no way a song that "wasn't even in English" had taken over the world. There are 7.5+ BILLION people outside of the U.S. living in countries/regions with double our population that all have their own superstar athletes and entertainers.

We are arrogant and we genuinely don’t give a fukk about any thing that doesn’t stem from our culture.. mfs been trying to get us to care about soccer/The World Cup and we still don’t care. After next week we won’t remember any of this shyt.

Jeshaman

All Star
Daps
What's funny is soccer is seen as a rich kid sport, but is probably casually the cheapest sport to play and requires the least amount of equipment.

Plus most of the population is under 6' which is pretty much an advantage in the sport (low center of gravity).

Yep all you need is anything that rolls moderately well and some space to get started. Weird that it is a suburban sport in America, I can't think of any other Country in which this is the case. Even the rich European Countries like France, England and Germany.

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
We are arrogant and we genuinely don’t give a fukk about any thing that doesn’t stem from our culture.. mfs been trying to get us to care about soccer/The World Cup and we still don’t care. After next week we won’t remember any of this shyt.

Not caring is one thing, not knowing or understanding is completely different and extremely embarrassing.

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
you think them spanish folk would have rooted for a negroid messi half has hard black folks rooted for messi?

Be real
You have no logic of football at all if you think it’s just the Spanish diaspora liking the post. I’d hedge a bet and say more support for Messi is from outside of the whole South America.

Zime

Superstar
Daps
I don’t know about all that but this was very satisfying

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
KxTVCdG.png

Messi the King of Instagram :picard:
Ronaldo in shambles

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You think folks in America are jealous of fukkin soccer?! :mjlol:

Champion League and the Premier League put together still doesn’t rake in the money the NFL does.

I don’t even watch the nfl like that anymore. Everyone knows soccer is the most popular sport in the world. Money wise, no league is in the same galaxy as the NFL

Dude that you replied to is a goofy, but I think that when we get to a point where we’re arguing “this sports league make more money than that sports league” it is time to logout and close the laptop :francis: