LeBron sneakers test $300 limit

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps
:snoop:

Only see that one person mention why the shoe costs 300+

IMO the technology isnt worth it, I think a few of them might sell out if Nike put some special type of marketing on it (making them LE or soemthing), but for the most part these shoes will probably sit.

Nobody cares how quick they are, or how high they are jumping, because they probably arent doing either in a $300 shoe.

Brooklynzson

Just a kid from Brooklyn
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Coli
So you the Dow Jones of footwear?

Are you telling me you buy shoes, to not wear them? Because if you actually use them shoes for what they're intended for, I`m pretty sure they're not going up in value
Some kicks you can get more than you paid even if worn.

I do all three but I wear my all kicks. I really only buy retros that me or my moms couldn't afford back in the day. I never had jordans or any of the fly shyt growin up so I guess i'm makin up for lost time now that I can afford it.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
So you the Dow Jones of footwear?

Are you telling me you buy shoes, to not wear them? Because if you actually use them shoes for what they're intended for, I`m pretty sure they're not going up in value

Even if you were them they go up in value

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
:usure:

KDV is going to be $105.00

And only the lebrons with Nike + tech are going to be $300.

I didnt see your post before I responded, but I knew it had to be something different. That nike+ tech is impressive if u actually use what its supppsed to be used for it as opposed to just using it for fashion

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
I do all three,

But you don't though. You're a woman, so don't troll me. :stopitslime:

What's so significant about the age of 22 though?:pachaha:
:pachaha: I figure at least by then you're graduated/out of college. I can't think of any place I frequent that requires me to have sneakers (+$100 ones at that) or where sneakers are the attire (ie. clubs, work, etc.).

Like, the shyt is just a waste. Even women (besides hoodrats and tomboy hipsters) don't give a fukk about what kind of sneakers you have on. Not to mention the quality sucks. Grown men collectin' sneakers like they are action figures or somethin'. :laugh:

You can say the same thing w/ dress shoes. Why don't folks get $10 dress shoes? :dwillhuh:
$30 chucks to $300 dress shoes...I clean if there's a lil dirt. The point i'm trying to get is that there's nothing wrong w/ splurging from time to time if you have the means to do it which a majority of people don't have. Priorities all fukked up:huhldup:
I wear nice dress shoes to work, which, you know, makes me money.

You were sneakers, to..... which makes you....

Exactly. :huhldup:

Kalik

Rasta in Babylon
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Florida / Bahamas
Grown men collectin' sneakers like they are action figures or somethin'. :laugh:
All grown men have a hobby.... Chicks same to not have an issue with mine over these other dudes, playing COD all day, or getting drunk, buying weed.

If you buy 1 quality pair of Nikes/Jordans a month = $200

Thats $6-7 a day.. way less than nikkas drank/weed habits

:lawd:

I betcha I make more $$$ a year than "some" of you dudes in them dress shoes. I know some of ya'll is caking too :rudy:

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
All grown men have a hobby.... Chicks same to not have an issue with mine over these other dudes, playing COD all day, or getting drunk, buying weed.
If you buy 1 quality pair of Nikes/Jordans a month = $200
Thats $6-7 a day.. way less than nikkas drank/weed habits
:lawd:
Liquor/weed = social hobbies.

I think certain video games are stupid. Well, pretty much pointless all together for the most part, but I can see how that can be social as well

You don't do anything with the sneakers besides wear them or look at them in your closet. That's the stupidest most ineffective hobby ever for a grown man.

I betcha I make more $$$ a year than "some" of you dudes in them dress shoes. I know some of ya'll is caking too :rudy:
You could be puttin' more money into your child's future. You buyin' sneaks. :dead:

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But you don't though. You're a woman, so don't troll me. :stopitslime:

:pachaha: I figure at least by then you're graduated/out of college. I can't think of any place I frequent that requires me to have sneakers (+$100 ones at that) or where sneakers are the attire (ie. clubs, work, etc.).

Like, the shyt is just a waste. Even women (besides hoodrats and tomboy hipsters) don't give a fukk about what kind of sneakers you have on. Not to mention the quality sucks. Grown men collectin' sneakers like they are action figures or somethin'. :laugh:

I wear nice dress shoes to work, which, you know, makes me money.

You were sneakers, to..... which makes you....

Exactly. :huhldup:

:ehh:

I like my retro basketball/football sneakers/trainers, kind of provides a bit of nostalgia for me. But if you're not into sneakers then that's understandable.:ehh:

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
Musings of a fashion fancy male.

There's more important things in life than footwear.

naw....im not. But im pretty sure my assessment of you is true.

And i didnt say there werent more important things in life than footwear so what's your point?

Kalik

Rasta in Babylon
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Florida / Bahamas
Liquor/weed = social hobbies.

I think certain video games are stupid. Well, pretty much pointless all together for the most part, but I can see how that can be social as well

You don't do anything with the sneakers besides wear them or look at them in your closet. That's the stupidest most ineffective hobby ever for a grown man.

You could be puttin' more money into your child's future. You buyin' sneaks. :dead:

Sneakers aint a "social" hobby? I interact daily with other like minded people discussing it or looking forward to it, the same as movie lovers, or people that watch TV. Some weed heads would never buy Reggie, they need the Kush... some wine lovers would never drink Moscato or Sutter home, they need $100 bottles.

Some people pay extra for HBO channels. Some people pay more for a V8 engine when they could drive a 4cyl.

Its a choice. I just prefer premium sneakers over payless brand.

Daps
Some kicks you can get more than you paid even if worn.

I do all three but I wear my all kicks. I really only buy retros that me or my moms couldn't afford back in the day. I never had jordans or any of the fly shyt growin up so I guess i'm makin up for lost time now that I can afford it.

I get that, but that's being stuck in the past a little bit don't you think?

Chasing some status items from your childhood

Economics

There is always tradeoffs
Daps
I'm not going to get into the value debate but when I see a firm put out a product like that (where they push the price up) I usually check the stock and other financials with it to see if they are struggling or not. Looking at the book value on them, they don't have a high debt to asset ratio and cashflow isn't negative, but supposedly they've been missing earning projections this article talks about it right here.

Nike Is a Great Stock at Too Much Cost: I Would Sell | InvestorPlace

The last earnings report was a complete disaster. Revenue plunged 12% and Nike missed earnings by 20 cents per share.

Nike’s profit margins are getting squeezed, so their response is to raise prices even more. I think that’s a big mistake.

We’re going learn a lot more about this approach soon when Nike unveils its newest LeBron shoe which will retail for over $300.

Just to make this clear, that’s three hundred dollars of legal U.S. currency for a basketball shoe. Actually, the sneakerati thinks it will be $315.

I think this is emblematic of some of the larger forces at work in the broader economy. Companies have pushed their margins as far as they can go. Some feel the need to raise prices even more but their customer base is tapped out. It’s like a rubber band that’s been stretched to its breaking point. Something has to give.

It’s hard to imagine what you can do to a shoe to justify $315 dollars. By the way, did I mention the built-in electronics?

The coming $315 LeBron X Nike Plus, due in the fall, is expected to come embedded with motion sensors that can measure how high players jump. The LeBron 9 PS Elite basketball shoes, which currently retail for $250, feature Nike’s signature swoosh in metallic gold.

Nike, based in Beaverton, Ore., says it is passing along price increases because many key materials, such as cotton, have risen in price over the past 18 months. Prices did moderate somewhat in the past quarter.

Nike is also faces rising labor costs in China, where it manufactures a third of its products.

95 a share does seem a little high even with if a 20 multiples isn't that big. That price (the stock) caught me off a little as well. I mean they still pay a divi so :yeshrug:. Usually when I see news like this and if the product line is solid with a good balance sheet I'd jump in for some cash.