LeBron sneakers test $300 limit

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
Not really surprising news.
Those casual sneakers that Usher wears, they are just designer sneakers with as much technology as a pair of Converse shell toe sneakers, but they cost hundreds. What's up with that.

Yeah but those are not marketed to urban youth.

Bumrush Bros.

THERES ONLY ENOUGH ROOM FOR 1 LIL MAMA STAN HERE
Daps
Reppin
Reston VA
We should salute Durant because he made a stipulation that his signature shoes with Nike wouldn't be retailed at over $100.

Nike is really just seeing where the breaking point of their customer are. They've been testing this with little $20 increases on foamposites and jordans. Hell even AF1s have gone up a few dollars. They are not blind to the resale market and are looking to get that money these resellers are. Its all up to the consumers how much we allow Nike charge. If these sell well at $315 then you can expect them to try $350 soon and so on and so on. I know R&D/production/distribution/marketing is expensive (thats why I laugh when people say it costs $5 to make the shoe, oh word? wheres your factory at?) but there isn't any technology in the shoes that exists that justifies a $300+ retail price. Unless it straps to a real working hoverboard I'm not buying.

Steve Piffler

I got them CERTS
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Not really surprising news.
Those casual sneakers that Usher wears, they are just designer sneakers with as much technology as a pair of Converse shell toe sneakers, but they cost hundreds. What's up with that.

:snoop: stop it, b....

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Nobodies gonna buy those. Maybe if they were j's, but nikkas don't fukk with Lebron like that. Those white black and gold joints that came out with the black white and gold joints was $250 and they sat (don't remember name). Of course the dedicated muh fukkas gonna cop but for the most part they gon sit.

:usure:
We should salute Durant because he made a stipulation that his signature shoes with Nike wouldn't be retailed at over $100.

Nike is really just seeing where the breaking point of their customer are. They've been testing this with little $20 increases on foamposites and jordans. Hell even AF1s have gone up a few dollars. They are not blind to the resale market and are looking to get that money these resellers are. Its all up to the consumers how much we allow Nike charge. If these sell well at $315 then you can expect them to try $350 soon and so on and so on. I know R&D/production/distribution/marketing is expensive (thats why I laugh when people say it costs $5 to make the shoe, oh word? wheres your factory at?) but there isn't any technology in the shoes that exists that justifies a $300+ retail price. Unless it straps to a real working hoverboard I'm not buying.

KDV is going to be $105.00

And only the lebrons with Nike + tech are going to be $300.

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
That's way above the cost, probably more like 4-5 bucks

I don't think it's that low, probably in the $20 to $30 range.

Either way, this is nothing new, people flipped shyt when Jordan's broke the $100 barrier. Inflation is a motherfukker.