Lauryn Hill might be done

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
Go and see music artists perform 25 years after their prime brehs :mjlol:

Imagine in 2023 paying to see Chris Webber and Larry Johnson have a dunk contest. Same energy
Some old musicians bring serious heat. Saw the Blind Boys of Alabama a few years ago. Lead breh was in his 80s, and ran around in the crowd after performing for over an hour.

Tool and Pearl Jam also never slack.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
shyt was all New Ark b, shes damn near a musical fraud. The saddest part is them cats shoulda been huge stars after that

It wasn’t all New Ark, they’ve been very clear and transparent in what they contributed to the album Lauryn wrote the majority of that album herself. The issue was mostly production credits. They contributed a lot more to the production of that album than initially credited. They were basically made out to be hired musicians when in actuality they helped arrange and create alot of the music. Basically took melodies and ideas that Lauryn had in her head or were rough demos and made a full musical soundscape and then Lauryn would write and add her extra sauce to it.

The label wanted to market Lauryn as like a Neo Soul/Hip Hop version of Prince so they promoted the album as entirely produced by Lauryn. New Ark also made the mistake of not getting any paperwork signed during the making of the album that credited them for the production work. But even with the lawsuit and settlement and all the bad blood they’ve always maintained that Lauryn had all the initial ideas and that she wrote all of her own lyrics

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Explain cause I never heard this story
She tried to take credit for writing and producing the entire Miseducation album. Trying to be like Prince. But the backup band said nah it was a group effort she's not the only who wrote or produced songs on the album and rightfully wanted to be credited and compensated for it. The backing band sued Lauryn and ended up setting out of court. Now for some reason she can't even use the original music in concert ,all the songs are rearranged and sound fukkin horrible.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
what were your thoughts on that Keith Lee/Atlanta situation?

Do you feel your post can apply to that, or was it different because it’s not an entertainer but rather a business?
I think it’s the fact that it’s WELL KNOWN that Lauryn Hill flakes on her shows (or shows up waaaaay too late). We ALL know this, which is why so many ppl crack jokes about not paying to see her live, or publicize the fact that they are going to purposely show up to the venue 2hrs late so they don’t waste time getting there on time.

Hill’s tardiness is know across the globe.

ATL’s restaurant scene is only known by those who live there or visit enough to know that the treatment Keith received is standard.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Until she gets sued for this shyt..
In other parts of the world you won't get booked with such a reputation.

JesusFOREVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
My Father in Heaven
Couldn’t imagine liking a artist so much I wanna pay to see them
I always thought I was weird for thinking this, I don't get it you're surrounded by hundreds of thousands of other people away from your home to hear a worse version of a song you like? Theres a reason they record these tracks in a studio

Daps
Reppin
St louis
that pretentious dingbat has been doing this
shyt for years.
Preaching to women about what
not to do while fukkin a married
man to get into the marley family.
Stupid bytch.
UKVu0t8.gif

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
Saw her last week in Denver she performed solo for an hour and then with The Fugees for 45 minutes...didn't hear pre-recorded background vocals but did have background singers

1 hour and 45 minutes of singing is solid for 2023 standards
Why can’t she do this every time and show up on time?
:what:
I want to know the physiology behind it? Is she truly on some fukk this paying people. I do what I want. They better be honored I show up? She can’t be on that shyt, can she? Who is in her inner circle not checking her. Thats truly a trash way to live.
:gucci:
I guess I’ve never thought about the logistics of it all. After Denver, you flying to phoenix next? Drinking your tea, rest, hair make up eat. By the time you leave the hotel it’s 11pm.
:mjlol:
I can’t do concerts. Unless it’s somebody I really want to see, it’s a no for me. I rather wait till they hit up Vegas so I won’t be mad.
:manny:
I hope Jazmine Sullivan don’t be on this BS.
:lupe:

Rick Fox at UNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Boys
Couldn’t imagine liking a artist so much I wanna pay to see them

I'll pay for artists in intimate environments where it's basically the musician(s) communicating directly with the audience. Jazz and classical musicians, maybe some electronic type stuff. A few hundred seat venue type environment.

All that 500+, big arena, big venue, music festival shyt, I don't get the appeal at all.