Lauryn Hill might be done

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
This. I don't understand how people rate her so highly still! Yeah that album was hot but it was so long ago and she hasn't done shyt since but sometimes turn up to a show. She is wildly overrated.
Yea, sadly I had to come to the realization that she is one of the most overrated artists of all time:francis:

Yea she had 1 great album but it came out that she didn't write it like like people assumed and the people who did had to sue her to get their money

What a shame smh

Last edited:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes, but as a promoter I'd sue her for all she's worth..
I'm talking from a consumer standpoint. I'm not talking about Lauren and the business end.

People don't have their priorities straight. She but off more than she could chew.

If you have to rent a car presumably you don't have your own.

Then to take work off....I'll give them the benefit and say the concert schedule was months away and she planned to take a vacation day vs "took the day off".

Then to have to find child care while you entertain yourself......

Priorities.....

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Yea, sadly I had to come to the realization that she is one of the most overrated artists of all time:francis:

Yea she had 1 great album but it came out that she didn't write it like like people assumed and the people who did had to sue her to get their money

What a shame smh

She wrote it she just didn’t produce it solo. Thats what the lawsuit was about. Production credits not writing credits

Daps
Yall weird, you don’t know what that music helped that lady get through. She wanted to hear and see her artist for once in a lifetime experience.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
She wrote it she just didn’t produce it solo. Thats what the lawsuit was about. Production credits not writing credits
Wrong. Robert Glasper already outted Lauryn, saying she stole music

Miseducation was made by great musicians and producers that I know, personally.... So you got a big hand off of music that you didn’t even write.” He reiterated, “OK, you steal music,”

Also it was the work of a group of gifted musicians and collaborators out of Newark called New-Ark

“I still love you like a sister, but you didn’t do it on your own,” album co-producer Che “Vicious” Guevara told Rolling Stone in 2001. Vada Nobles, Rasheem “Kilo” Pugh and Johari and Tejumold Newton famously filed suit against Hill and Columbia Records in late 1998, eventually settling for a reported $5 million.

She had A LOT of help writing and producing but she wanted to be the only one credited

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
are there grounds for this? is she contractually obligated to perform no matter what?

genuinely asking

There's always grounds to sue once someone fukks you over with the money..also compromises your reputation as a reputable promoter.
And many artists demand the full fee upfront, only to not turn up and promoters have to chase them for years to recover their money.

But as a concert goer youre fukked..its like suing the airline for a delayed flight. Which Ive tried to do by the way..bloody fukking Emirates :mjlol:

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Lauryn Hill has been TRASH live for many moons. I saw her live in 2003 and decided she’d never get a penny from me again.

I guess everyone else is finally tired of her bullshyt.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Yall weird, you don’t know what that music helped that lady get through. She wanted to hear and see her artist for once in a lifetime experience.
The fukk you on about:skip:
People are tired of getting they hopes up
Only for her to

tenor.gif

They need to stop doing this goofy shyt
Either perform for the people or go to a therapist:childplease: