Lauryn Hill might be done

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
Technically it does if people giving her that accolade. I don't do live concerts cause truth be told...music artists are a$$holes compared to visual artists....and thespians are psychos :hubie:
1000% accuracy, I've met some ahole visual artists but that’s cause they usually have some underlying neurodivergency but WAAAAAY more musicians and actors are self-absorbed from my encounters like....to the point that I'm always surprised when they AREN'T:martin:

hitmonlee

All Star
Daps
At this point if your buying tickets for a Lauryn Hill concert in 2023 you get what you ask for.

The ONLY time i’ve ever heard there be no fukkery with Lauryn Hill was when she went on tour with Nas in 2013 and that was because she had to pay off the IRS
I was at the show

She came out on time too

Nas keeping all hoes in check

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
1000% accuracy, I've met some ahole visual artists but that’s cause they usually have some underlying neurodivergency but WAAAAAY more musicians and actors are self-absorbed from my encounters like....to the point that I'm always surprised when they AREN'T:martin:
I legit be friendly as fukk when I meet people. Esp Black people I geaux out my way for yall.

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
She tried to take credit for writing and producing the entire Miseducation album. Trying to be like Prince. But the backup band said nah it was a group effort she's not the only who wrote or produced songs on the album and rightfully wanted to be credited and compensated for it. The backing band sued Lauryn and ended up setting out of court. Now for some reason she can't even use the original music in concert ,all the songs are rearranged and sound fukkin horrible.
I heard she went the Taylor swift route

• Dap
Reactions: Sbp

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
Saw her last week in Denver she performed solo for an hour and then with The Fugees for 45 minutes...didn't hear pre-recorded background vocals but did have background singers

1 hour and 45 minutes of singing is solid for 2023 standards

:leon: I woulda played the lotto that same night if I was u....

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
Someone should run up on that stage and confront Ms. HILL for her tardiness and unprofessionalism... throw some tomatoes at her azz.

There are fans who pay her hard earned money out their pocket to see her especially since she hasn't dropped a album since Bill Clinton's second tern in office.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why can’t she do this every time and show up on time?
:what:
I want to know the physiology behind it? Is she truly on some fukk this paying people. I do what I want. They better be honored I show up? She can’t be on that shyt, can she? Who is in her inner circle not checking her. Thats truly a trash way to live.
:gucci:
I guess I’ve never thought about the logistics of it all. After Denver, you flying to phoenix next? Drinking your tea, rest, hair make up eat. By the time you leave the hotel it’s 11pm.
:mjlol:
I can’t do concerts. Unless it’s somebody I really want to see, it’s a no for me. I rather wait till they hit up Vegas so I won’t be mad.
:manny:
I hope Jazmine Sullivan don’t be on this BS.
:lupe:
Tickets said 7:30pm start, I knew better to get there around 9. She started around 9:30pm. Most other headliners would usually start around 9pm. DJ was on point prior to Lauryn getting on stage.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People do shyt like this to have a reason to complain. Like a client will tell an artist to paint shyt a way to a T...we get half up front. Then every instance we showcase our work to said client they bytch and bytch until they want they money back. And then they get on SM and complain about said artist.

People are malicious Narcissists.
Bullshyt. People do this because they like her music and probably because they want to reminisce about their youth. If anybody is a malignant narcissist it's Lauryn Hill.

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
It was Robert Glasper talking about how she'd have them, these top tier musicians but she'd keep changing the music at the last second, she'd keep hiring and firing them, terms of the contract would change. It was a mess.

I loved lauryn but lets call a spade a spade. Apparently you weren't even supposed to look into her eyes and you had to address her as Miss Hill.