Lauryn Hill might be done

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Couldn’t imagine liking a artist so much I wanna pay to see them
Right! I always felt strange because "having to be there" just never appealed to me.I'm a tough critic, though.I don't care how beautiful your voice;how deep your lyrics.There has to be some naturally inherent light that radiates from within.Your Midichlorians have to be sky high.Right now, my list is narrowed down to Tupac, Bob Marley, and Selena Quintanilla...But I still wouldn't care to show up at any of their concerts.Maybe I'm just a horrible fan:mjcry:

Budda

Superstar
Daps
More albums, better vibe and she herself doesn't seem like a pretentious bytch

Promise and Diamond Life both take huge dumps on Miseducation's chest :ld:

You didn’t actually do a good job of breaking it down, I don’t care about the pretentious stuff or personal shyt, I’m talking talent for talent, does she sing better, does she play more instruments, better songwriter(probably) Tsing writing is only argument you can make for Sade but Lauryn raps as well, and given we’re on a rap forum ink be surprised if people don’t consider rapping to the level Lauryn Hill does a talent.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
I bet you didn’t even know Sade was a band...

Lauryn has arguably better vocals plus can rap, how is Sade so much more talented to the point you posting stupid gifs like what I said is laughable?
First of all, it does not matter whether you are talking about the singer or the group because it is not true. Like many other people have said, her one (ONE!) great album does not make her some generational talent.

Secondly, talking about Sade is a band in relation to Lauryn is weird given that the only solo album she has done was with New Ark and not by herself.

Are you really serious about Miseducation being better than the entire discography of Sade? Do you really think that Lauryn is so great but cant even put out another album to showcase her immense talent?

Budda

Superstar
Daps
It ain't even on the level of Bad, Dangerous or off the wall.

It’s quite easily on the level of those, musically, sonically sales wise or whatever way you want to quantify it.

Not everything older is better than everything New. I think that’s what a lot of people suffer from nostalgia bias, Miseducation of Lauryn Hill songwriting wise, singing and composition wise is every bit as good as Bad or Dangerous. Only Off The Wall and Thriller are better, Erykah Badu D’Angelo and Lauryn are three 90’s artists who dropped music as good as anything from the greats of the past IMO.

Budda

Superstar
Daps
Breh...I literally said Lauryn was the better singer. Generational talent isn't an "own right"...or "In my opinion" argument. It either is, or it isn't, and Lauryn doesn't have the credentials or receipts to be considered a generational talent. She's living off the success of one album.

Michael Jackson is a generational talent
Whitney Houston is a generational talent
Prime Mariah Carey is a generational talent

Biggie is a generational rapper of the back of two albums and you’ve got rappers who have ten albums who you would not make that statement for. Body of work counts for a lot but some artists are just so spellbinsing from the gate, I don’t mind calling a woman like Lauryn Hill who dropped arguably the best Rnb album of the 90’s better than anything from Mariah or Whitney at the time, a woman who can sing like Brandy-and rap like Nas(hyperbole but you get the point) a generational talent.

Mental issues meant she didn’t get to did ill her potential when we talk about talent it’s only one part to what makes an accomplished person in any field, having the talent but not the other things is why I couldn’t hold her in the esteem of the greatest she should be held with.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
I trust her over the fans

if she's not feeling it and has the track record, then why are you putting your entire life on hold and kids as well to drive across state lines to see her perform songs from 2 decades ago?

she clearly said she only does shyt when she feels like it, I dont see how she can be held accountable after 20 years of telling you that

get your refund and buy some furniture and shyt

Budda

Superstar
Daps
Dude is trolling at this point, has to be.

Not Thriller but Bad yes. Don’t give af what you old folk say, Nothing Even Matters, EX factor, Zion are better songs than bad.

And I’m someone who has Mj as number 1 artist of all time in any list.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Not Thriller but Bad yes. Don’t give af what you old folk say, Nothing Even Matters, EX factor, Zion are better songs than bad.

And I’m someone who has Mj as number 1 artist of all time in any list.
the-office-steve-carell.gif