Latinos now trying to leech off R&B (Rolling Stone article)

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
My dude....

The topic of the thread was R&B Latin music in Latin America based on an article u posted. I came in this thread and pointed out that your thread title and overall gripe was phony outrage because u really dont give a shyt about whats going on in Latin America.

no, you came in with some off the wall shyt that had nothing to do with the topic:rudy:

When I pointed this out you said to take it to The Root.

see above

Then u got mad at all the daps in my favor, got on some weirdo shyt ,

you had like 4 daps:hhh::camby:

lost focus of your original gripe and wanted to go back and forth about El General.

El General was never a part of the topic until you brought him up to sidestep the point of the thread:mjpls: and because of that, I had to set the record straight. El General being a black speaking panamanian doing dancehall (probably already of jamaican descent to begin with) has nothing to do with light skinned, non-"black identified" Ricans, Dominicans, etc...jacking from "black" sources:umad:

The fact that u keep ignoring receipts, even from your own source, tells me u are trolling.

you don't have any receipts:mindblown:

I dont give a fukk about this topic anymore because your trolling is boring now.

you don't care because you're going deeper and deeper into my sonning of you:win:

I helped u get that platinum so return the favor and troll me when I make my next thread. U can have the last word...I'm taking my dikk out your mouth now, cry all u want...U cant suck on my dikk anymore.

Peace.

:umad: time and time again in various threads, you keep trying to play captain save a hoe when it comes to the involvement/overstating the level of participation & influence of Ricans, when it comes to "urban"/hiphop related culture and when I post those facts, you run and hide. One more time, so that ether stays burning your soul

6IrXm8F.jpg

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
nikka YES. As I told the other cat. El General had the riddim first. But El General got his shyt from Jamaican dancehall and reggae. So what the fukk is the point of bringing dude up? They dont even give him the fukkin proper credit for ushering in the Latin Dancehall movement over there. Because he was too dark. They fukkin whitewashed it over there and this Panamanian cat got left in the dust. Im not speaking on HIM because he’s not a Reggaton artist. I said REGGATON is the less creative version of Dancehall. Not once did I say El General wasnt creative. Being that he aint even a true Reggaton artist. shyt. I used to listen to hispanic dancehall in the 90s. shyt was FAR better than the Reggaton shyt and I used to say the shyt all the time since Reggaton got popular. I hope u not this annoying in real life. U one of them arguing semantics ass nikkas for no reason. Dude was black. The latin radio dubbed him for “whiter” hispanics who started that Reggaton bullshyt as we know it today. Then he got erased from their history books as their direct influence. It’s the literal definition of leeching.

facts...he only mentioned El General because he's black while trying to sidestep the fact that most of these reggaeton acts are light skinned who probably look at "black" people in and outside their nations like:mjpls:

96Blue

Superstar
Daps
Phony outrage alert. I dont understand your gripe.The songs posted in that article are popular in Latin countries not the USA. I seriously do not believe u give two shyts about what Latin countries are doing. Especially the poor ones like Honduras where the gang violence is a bigger priority over what the fukk kind of music they are doing over there. I'm reading the comments in those videos and they are all in spanish not english. The last biggest spanis songs in this country were Latin influenced with 'I Like It' by Cardi and Despacito which was Latin pop. Latin R&B is not making a splash in the US so u just making up shyt to complain about.
What the fukk that gotta do with us?

:what:

96Blue

Superstar
Daps
:umad: time and time again in various threads, you keep trying to play captain save a hoe when it comes to the involvement/overstating the level of participation & influence of Ricans, when it comes to "urban"/hiphop related culture and when I post those facts, you run and hide. One more time, so that ether stays burning your soul

6IrXm8F.jpg
This article solidified everything about Puerto Ricans "involvement" in our culture that I've heard and been saying.

They came around us and stole the sauce.

:yeshrug:

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
Jesus christ, i was google searching for a certain thread and this bullshyt ass thread came out

Are you fukking idiots in here really saying that latin people dont have their own style of music? We have our own fukking genres

Cubans and Ricans created SALSA, Dominicans created MERENGUE AND BACHATA. Bachata has been our form of the blues since the fukking 60s. That genre is completely about heartbreak and relationships but we also created our own simple yet unique dance to it. And what r n b does the fukkung U.S have now? Jaques? Who else putting out quality rnb like the 90s and 00's? Why is O.P so mad theres a form of latin rnb out there in a foreign country?? Every music artist that has ever lived got influenced by someone else you fukking goofballs

Ricans created Reggaeton which yes comes from reggae (DUH), but has now evolved to Spanish trap which was influenced by the south (DUH). The obvious difference? Reggaeton was just about partying, girls and fukking. Spanish trap they brang the street element talking about hustling drugs and just overall street shyt. And no coli militant idiots, america aint the only place in the world with hoods in them

Bad bunny, J Balvin, Ozuna and Anuel AA are 4 of the biggest artist in the world rightnow whether you dont like them or never heard they names before. Just look up their streaming numbers and the amount of videos they have on youtube that range from half a billion views to over a billion. Its a force no one on this site can hate on without coming off as salty

Most people in the industry know whats up and the amount of numbers these dudes is putting up

Ill start it off with nore, who had the biggest Reggaeton song ever at that time. The rest is now history

Dj envys newly signed dominican artist

I know ive gone past the point now, but there are so many straight up ignorant idiots on this site who really act like they know what they talking about :camby:

/endrant

96Blue

Superstar
Daps
Jesus christ, i was google searching for a certain thread and this bullshyt ass thread came out

Are you fukking idiots in here really saying that latin people dont have their own style of music? We have our own fukking genres

Cubans and Ricans created SALSA, Dominicans created MERENGUE AND BACHATA. Bachata has been our form of the blues since the fukking 60s. That genre is completely about heartbreak and relationships but we also created our own simple yet unique dance to it. And what r n b does the fukkung U.S have now? Jaques? Who else putting out quality rnb like the 90s and 00's? Why is O.P so mad theres a form of latin rnb out there in a foreign country?? Every music artist that has ever lived got influenced by someone else you fukking goofballs

Ricans created Reggaeton which yes comes from reggae (DUH), but has now evolved to Spanish trap which was influenced by the south (DUH). The obvious difference? Reggaeton was just about partying, girls and fukking. Spanish trap they brang the street element talking about hustling drugs and just overall street shyt. And no coli militant idiots, america aint the only place in the world with hoods in them

Bad bunny, J Balvin, Ozuna and Anuel AA are 4 of the biggest artist in the world rightnow whether you dont like them or never heard they names before. Just look up their streaming numbers and the amount of videos they have on youtube that range from half a billion views to over a billion. Its a force no one on this site can hate on without coming off as salty

Most people in the industry know whats up and the amount of numbers these dudes is putting up

Ill start it off with nore, who had the biggest Reggaeton song ever at that time. The rest is now history

Dj envys newly signed dominican artist

I know ive gone past the point now, but there are so many straight up ignorant idiots on this site who really act like they know what they talking about :camby:

/endrant

:rudy:

Ok... But, it's not R&B, is what we're saying.

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
:rudy:

Ok... But, it's not R&B, is what we're saying.

What does RnB stand for? Rhythim.and blues. If they singing about heartbreak and are clearly influenced by RNB songs like stated on the article then yes they can call it Latin RnB. Be mad salty whatever, shyt is done already

Im Dominican and i never heard those songs in my life but WE DO have our own form of RnB....BACHATA.

Read thru the thread, ppl are saying way more than that.

CACtus Jack

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hard Knocks & Cheap Pops
What does RnB stand for? Rhythim.and blues. If they singing about heartbreak and are clearly influenced by RNB songs like stated on the article then yes they can call it Latin RnB. Be mad salty whatever, shyt is done already

Im Dominican and i never heard those songs in my life but WE DO have our own form of RnB....BACHATA.

these coli millitant fakkits just wanna be mad to be mad i guess.

96Blue

Superstar
Daps

It's not the same, I don't know what to tell you. It will never be R&B, we created and transcended R&B, what you guys are doing is... I don't know what the hell y'all are doing, but it's not R&B.

Why do you people do this?

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
It's not the same, I don't know what to tell you. It will never be R&B, we created and transcended R&B, what you guys are doing is... I don't know what the hell y'all are doing, but it's not R&B.

Why do you people do this?

:mjlol: you transcended RnB? Name one hot RNB artist right now? Name one thats KILLING it putting out CLASSIC RNB SONGS NOT POP. The closest you have is chris brown/Beyonce and we all know they way more than that.

RNB in the U.S fell off years ago. Lauryn hill aint around more, no more dru hill, blackstreet, jagged edge, ginuwine, case, faith evans, Joe....i can go on and on get the fukk outta here

So again, why ya so mad other ppl are putting out music that is making them millions. So what that they influenced by RNB ? They came right off the bat saying it and ya salty as hell they are successful at it.

Hating ass idiots in here