Latinos now trying to leech off R&B (Rolling Stone article)

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
Puerto Ricans have been the most creative musically of all latin americans, excluding Brazil, probably since the 1960's so it makes sense, even today, why they're the taste makers for most modern latin americans. Especially, the non-Mexican, latin americans. Mexicans to a large degree had/have their own modern sounds

but they don't spread across Latin american the same way Rican music does.

Mexico does have its own traditional styles that are still popular, but apparently they're losing ground to pop and reggaeton. Even though none of the chart topping reggaeton there is from Mexico or anywhere besides PR and Colombia.

This is facts. When I was a jit it was all about el general and proyecto uno and that kinda wave. Reggaeton got white washed hard in PR but the dopest artists are still black/mulattos imo the good thing is that now Reggaeton got it's own scene in DR and Cubaton (Cuban reggaeton) is coming up in Miami and Latin America hard with Artists like Gente De Zona, El Micha, Chocolate, Yomil y Dany etc all Black dudes. I fukk with Anuel tho and Ozuna BB is kinda overrated. Lowkey Panamians and Colombians are dope as fukk tho but the most cringey shyt in the world is when these non African influenced Latino countries start trying to push their artists hard as fukk. I'm talking about Mexican and Salvadorian reggaeton :huhldup: I like how Univison always says somebody has a 'Caribbean flavor' when they speak :mjpls: aka the Spanish version of calling someone Urban

They call it "urban music" in Spanish too. Which is funny because it has zero correlation to urban/suburban/rural in Latin America.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This is facts. When I was a jit it was all about el general and proyecto uno and that kinda wave. Reggaeton got white washed hard in PR but the dopest artists are still black/mulattos imo the good thing is that now Reggaeton got it's own scene in DR and Cubaton (Cuban reggaeton) is coming up in Miami and Latin America hard with Artists like Gente De Zona, El Micha, Chocolate, Yomil y Dany etc all Black dudes. I fukk with Anuel tho and Ozuna BB is kinda overrated. Lowkey Panamians and Colombians are dope as fukk tho but the most cringey shyt in the world is when these non African influenced Latino countries start trying to push their artists hard as fukk. I'm talking about Mexican and Salvadorian reggaeton :huhldup: I like how Univison always says somebody has a 'Caribbean flavor' when they speak :mjpls: aka the Spanish version of calling someone Urban

The whitewashing is a whole different topic from acknowledging the origin. Weirdos who didnt even know who El General was till I mentioned him came in here after doing a quick Google search and started bringing up whitewashing which has absolutly nothing to do with acknowledging the origin.

If I say "Chuck Berrys guitar work influenced Rock N Roll as we know it" and some weirdo replies.."But they whitewashed history and made Elvis the king of Rock".....What the fukk does that have to do with me acknowledging Chuck Berrys influence on Rock N Roll?

:heh:

Last edited:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Cacs setting up a fight then hiding their hands.

Dj vlad shyt

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
:laff:

LOL @ u responding like a scorned sidepiece getting mad after explaining to u that I wanted to spend this hot sunny day BBQing with my real family instead of u. I told your scary ass I'll be back to put my dikk in your mouth later. All that extra shyt was unnessessary....My dikk cant be in your mouth 24/7 like u want...Thats not realistic. Just shut the fukk up and wait for daddy to come back when he's good and ready like a good bytch.

you just posted a bunch of:childplease:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Mexico does have its own traditional styles that are still popular, but apparently they're losing ground to pop and reggaeton. Even though none of the chart topping reggaeton there is from Mexico or anywhere besides PR and Colombia.

facts

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
you just posted a bunch of:childplease:

Keep playing dumb and I'll just keep reposting: :ehh:

But since u claim I didnt post anything that already shut your bullshyt down and Wikipedia is your source well lets look at the receipts again shall we...Remember..Wikipedia is your source

:ufdup:

Why the fukk is El General in this list of Reggaton artists if he isn't what I say he is?

Why is your own source contradicting everything u have been saying?

Look who's name is on the list from your own source:

List of reggaeton musicians - Wikipedia

More receipts from your own source: :whistle:

Genres Reggae en Español, reggaeton, ragga

El General - Wikipedia

Check and mate.

:umad:

You wanted my dikk back in your mouth so bad well there u go....Now Suck it good and swallow what I give you.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:laff:This bum ass nikka posted a whole essay babbling fukking c00n:laff:

:patrice:

Who u talking about?

U should name names....And let me add.....If u have nothing to add to the conversation and wanna focus on individual posters..... I suggest u tread lightly on who u call a c00n being that u got exposed for being a Trump supporting sellout who got so embarrassed and ridiculed after being exposed u changed your username. :mjlol:

2a672i1.jpg

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/it’s-crazy-seeing-some-of-the-names-of-posters-who-voted-for-trump.653597/

:sas2:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Keep playing dumb and I'll just keep reposting: :ehh:

But since u claim I didnt post anything that already shut your bullshyt down and Wikipedia is your source well lets look at the receipts again shall we...Remember..Wikipedia is your source

:ufdup:

Why the fukk is El General in this list of Reggaton artists if he isn't what I say he is?

El General IS NOT, Reggaeton. He's Spanish Dancehall but he was a big influence on Reggaeton

Why is your own source contradicting everything u have been saying?

Look who's name is on the list from your own source:

List of reggaeton musicians - Wikipedia

More receipts from your own source: :whistle:

Genres Reggae en Español, reggaeton, ragga

El General - Wikipedia

Check and mate.

:umad:

You wanted my dikk back in your mouth so bad well there u go....Now Suck it good and swallow what I give you.

:comeon:

His musical works have become popular in Latin America over the last few years. This style is called reggae en Español, because he makes dancehall reggae music with Spanish-language lyrics and is an early precursor to reggaeton.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
El General IS NOT, Reggaeton. He's Spanish Dancehall but he was a big influence on Reggaeton

My dude....

The topic of the thread was R&B Latin music in Latin America based on an article u posted. I came in this thread and pointed out that your thread title and overall gripe was phony outrage because u really dont give a shyt about whats going on in Latin America. When I pointed this out you said to take it to The Root. Then u got mad at all the daps in my favor, got on some weirdo shyt , lost focus of your original gripe and wanted to go back and forth about El General. The fact that u keep ignoring receipts, even from your own source, tells me u are trolling. I dont give a fukk about this topic anymore because your trolling is boring now. I helped u get that platinum so return the favor and troll me when I make my next thread. U can have the last word...I'm taking my dikk out your mouth now, cry all u want...U cant suck on my dikk anymore.

Peace.

Last edited:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Yo. nikka played dumb. El General literally got x’ed out of history by them fukkin Puerto Rican’s cause of colorism. They ain’t even give him the credit for influencing they shyt. The radio over there was curving El General’s music for being “too black’. They came wit that watered down reggaeton shyt and put lighter faces on the shyt and erased this nikka. It’s literally the epitome of what this thread is about.
@kingofnyc says there one of us tho?:ohhh:

Lol:lolbron: