Latinos now trying to leech off R&B (Rolling Stone article)

96Blue

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: you transcended RnB? Name one hot RNB artist right now? Name one thats KILLING it putting out CLASSIC RNB SONGS NOT POP. The closest you have is chris brown/Beyonce and we all know they way more than that.

RNB in the U.S fell off years ago. Lauryn hill aint around more, no more dru hill, blackstreet, jagged edge, ginuwine, case, faith evans, Joe....i can go on and on get the fukk outta here

So again, why ya so mad other ppl are putting out music that is making them millions. So what that they influenced by RNB ? They came right off the bat saying it and ya salty as hell they are successful at it.

Hating ass idiots in here
Why are you dikk riding us so hard?

That low budget, dumbass music you guys are doing is no where near close to R&B. This is why I will never like white/non-Black people trying to do our music.

You mufuggas have no respect for my culture. Good luck with that garbage ass bachata shyt, though.

:umad::mjlol:

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps

That low budget, dumbass music you guys are doing is no where near close to R&B. This is why I will never like white/non-Black people trying to do our music.

You mufuggas have no respect for my culture. Good luck with that garbage ass bachata shyt, though.

Lol you got nothing to say

Good luck? Lol

Romeo Santos (Bachata) sells out the garden in minutes. He just filled Metlife stadium to capacity..Stadium shyt. And he just dropped a classic album

And respect? We already got it in the industry. Romeo santos was the president of roc nation latino for years. fukk outta here with YOUR respect :comeon:

96Blue

Superstar
Daps
Lol you got nothing to say

Good luck? Lol

Romeo Santos (Bachata) sells out the garden in minutes. He just filled Metlife stadium to capacity..Stadium shyt. And he just dropped a classic album

And respect? We already got it in the industry. Romeo santos was the president of roc nation latino for years. fukk outta here with YOUR respect :comeon:
Well, keep dikk sucking. You people dikk ride so bad, but hate us at the same time.

Whatever, though.

BaRRyG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NyC

You mufuggas have no respect for my culture
. Good luck with that garbage ass bachata shyt, though.

No one is disrespecting black music breh.

Stop it. Brown been down since the beginning. All this Latino hates black ppl is bullshyt too. Stop generalizing ignorant Latinos that's sucka shyt my guy.

96Blue

Superstar
Daps
No one is disrespecting black music breh.

Stop it. Brown been down since the beginning. All this Latino hates black ppl is bullshyt too. Stop generalizing ignorant Latinos that's sucka shyt my guy.
Nope, I don't fukk with it and never will.

:yeshrug:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
yall do realize freestyle music was straight up R&B/Boogie mixed with the electro-hop, Planet Rock beat?

it is all a large major label art house ripoff of Shannon's music to be real tho.

Shannon = the originator of freestyle rnb genre.

which is basically the next modern take on disco.
which occurred in the small transistion.
from old school way of thought to new school way of thought.

it fits in the idea of what if somebody else younger made donna summer with more accessible production.
to what would be Shannon's age demographic.
Without the disco gay misappropriation of donna summer and the stigma it had. Which over time made the genre of mauic inaccessible to the pop realm away from the gay disco realm. As disco is big budget rnb made into misappropriated dance. Or what would become, and is classified as what would and became, pop music.

the Latin take in this genre comes younger teen superstar Lisa lisa. making adult content based music.
when previously most teen acts.
did not translate to an adult based drawing genre.
tilloff the wall, mike was thought of as a joke.
if he went and made adult music.
That predate this era as well.

art barr

Last edited:

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
All I know is I’m going to DR for carnival while u dudes gonna be at home beating ur meat :mjlol:

I was in santiago, la vega (where my fam is from) and sosua over the summer for 10 days. The best time of my life, i got a ton of pics n video im thinking of doing a thread on it but DR gets so much hate on this site is like ehhh

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
I was in santiago, la vega (where my fam is from) and sosua over the summer for 10 days. The best time of my life, i got a ton of pics n video im thinking of doing a thread on it but DR gets so much hate on this site is like ehhh
That’s where I’m going

I was out there a couple of years ago shyt was lit

and yeah dudes is a little extreme with the hate on here but it kinda opened my eyes so it’s all good :manny:

96Blue

Superstar
Daps
Too bad. The world obviously has. You just a ignorant fukkboy
Whatever, leech.

You know if y'all weren't so busy dikk riding my people, y'all could've created your own genre of music that people fukk with, but instead you'd rather dikk ride. It's sad, honestly.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
I still don't see reggaeton losing its dominance. Sech's "Latin R&B" song "Otro Trago" is still reggaeton, and I don't see any of the big Latin artists ditching dembow beats anytime soon.