Latinos now trying to leech off R&B (Rolling Stone article)

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
:camby:

Get the fukk out of the conversation. U aren't talking facts....U just making up shyt like u always do. I just posted a song that came out years before that Shabba song that was posted that u claimed Reggaton took its origins from and then said its facts. How the fukk does a song that came out in the 90's influence a song that came out in the 80's weirdo? :mjlol:

I brought up El General because Reggaeton was brought up in a topic about Latinos leeching Black music and the man who started Reggaton was Black........ A Black person cant leech off of Black music weirdo.
nikka YES. As I told the other cat. El General had the riddim first. But El General got his shyt from Jamaican dancehall and reggae. So what the fukk is the point of bringing dude up? They dont even give him the fukkin proper credit for ushering in the Latin Dancehall movement over there. Because he was too dark. They fukkin whitewashed it over there and this Panamanian cat got left in the dust. Im not speaking on HIM because he’s not a Reggaton artist. I said REGGATON is the less creative version of Dancehall. Not once did I say El General wasnt creative. Being that he aint even a true Reggaton artist. shyt. I used to listen to hispanic dancehall in the 90s. shyt was FAR better than the Reggaton shyt and I used to say the shyt all the time since Reggaton got popular. I hope u not this annoying in real life. U one of them arguing semantics ass nikkas for no reason. Dude was black. The latin radio dubbed him for “whiter” hispanics who started that Reggaton bullshyt as we know it today. Then he got erased from their history books as their direct influence. It’s the literal definition of leeching.

Last edited:

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
Do you think musicians, of any nationality or race, in the internet age, are going to ever stop taking inspiration from music outside of their culture?

Nope, and whining about it ain't going to change shyt.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
nikka YES. As I told the other cat. El General had the riddim first. But El General got his shyt from Jamaican dancehall and reggae. So what the fukk is the point of bringing dude up?

Are u retarded? U must be because u are asking me to repeat myself. Here..I'll say it again because u are slow:

I brought up El General because Reggaeton was brought up in a topic about Latinos leeching Black music and the man who started Reggaton was Black........ A Black person cant leech off of Black music weirdo.

I hope u not this annoying in real life. U one of them arguing semantics ass nikkas for no reason.

Scroll up to post #21. U came in here asking me dumb questions first. The first thing u posted in this thread was u being an annoying fukk asking dumb ask questions that I have to keep repeating the answer too.

And in real life you'd be making my coffee before work and rubbing my feet after work.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
latinos are our spicy cousins nikka...

havent heard latin do it since
maxresdefault-880x720.jpg

i thought lisa lisa was the one til prince pulled 1 of his baddest out his stable...

shiela e was
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

she krushed krush groove...no broad in the movie was seeing her...and prince sound was infectious fukk michael

Great examples...

Some nikkas wanna be offended too much.

When this was going on, it was all good, not to mention the freestyle music movement, which was being played right in with the R&B music of the time... wasn't nobody talkin' about "appropriation" nshyt... this is not the same thing as people dippin' in our shyt on the bandwagon and hoppin' off when they get hot.

:salute:

Thank you.

These new nikkaz in on some try hard shyt.

Nobody was talking like OP when Lisa Lisa and The Cult Jam was popping all in the 80's. Lisa Lisa had enough hits for a Greatest Hits album.....That freestyle influence in NYC was serious all the way up till the early 90's. I guess it must be reverse leeching since Allure jacked Lisa Lisa for their biggest hit.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Are u retarded? U must be because u are asking me to repeat myself. Here..I'll say it again because u are slow:

Scroll up to post #21. U came in here asking me dumb questions first. The first thing u posted in this thread was u being an annoying fukk asking dumb ask questions that I have to keep repeating the answer too.

And in real life you'd be making my coffee before work and rubbing my feet after work.
I see u skipped the REST of my fukkin post explaining HOW Reggaton leached off black music and how u posting dude in the fukkin first place proves that point. He HIMSELF got leeched off of from whitewashed hispanics. Ur taking things out of context on purpose just to argue. As far as hispanic people doing RnB. Who gives a fukk? Hispanic people BEEN doing RnB. My statement was purely about Reggaton coming from Dancehall. There is no disputing this fact.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
:stopitslime:

U r trying to hard. This is what the father of Reggaton looks like. It looks weird implying that a Black man is leeching off of Black music

Then

rs_850x640-180823062558-el-general...-1.jpg

Now

You’re conflating African American culture and ‘black culture’.

Complexion don’t make it right. Especially when those nikkas consider themselves Hispanic first and foremost.

Hell, they usually the most racist and anti black of the bunch.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You’re conflating African American culture and ‘black culture’.

Complexion don’t make it right. Especially when those nikkas consider themselves Hispanic first and foremost.

Hell, they usually the most racist and anti black of the bunch.

Why are u generalizing tho? Show me the receipts where El General falls in the category u just mentioned.

I'll wait.

Dont respond with made up bullshyt....Show me the reciepts.

Here he is acknowledging that Reggatons roots are Jamacia first. So that destroys your argument
about him not being related to "Black culture".....Him being Panamanian yet he gives it up to Jamacia first.

"Honestly, it's a music that comes from Jamaica," he said when asked where reggaeton came from in an interview with Mexico's Vanguardia. But he knows his place in the grand scheme. He doesn't hesitate when asked who the father of reggaeton is. "As far as the Hispanic market, it's me. Vico C from Puerto Rico's influence is undeniable, but he focused more on hip-hop" he says.

Last edited:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Phony outrage alert. I dont understand your gripe.The songs posted in that article are popular in Latin countries not the USA. I seriously do not believe u give two shyts about what Latin countries are doing.

my gripe is be original to your own culture.

Especially the poor ones like Honduras where the gang violence is a bigger priority over what the fukk kind of music they are doing over there. I'm reading the comments in those videos and they are all in spanish not english.

wtf-are-5af78e.jpg

The last biggest spanis songs in this country were Latin influenced with 'I Like It' by Cardi and Despacito which was Latin pop

they were hybrid songs. Reggaton + tropical house and Trap with a Boogaloo smaple

Latin R&B is not making a splash in the US so u just making up shyt to complain about.

actually, a good deal of those songs on the latin charts are R&B influenced

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
latinos are our spicy cousins nikka...

havent heard latin do it since
maxresdefault-880x720.jpg

i thought lisa lisa was the one til prince pulled 1 of his baddest out his stable...

shiela e was
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

she krushed krush groove...no broad in the movie was seeing her...and prince sound was infectious fukk michael

sheila E is half creole-afram/mexican.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Great examples...

Some nikkas wanna be offended too much.

When this was going on, it was all good, not to mention the freestyle music movement, which was being played right in with the R&B music of the time... wasn't nobody talkin' about "appropriation" nshyt... this is not the same thing as people dippin' in our shyt on the bandwagon and hoppin' off when they get hot.

sheila e is half afram/mexican. R&b was already part of her own culture so she can't be accused of appropriation:stopitslime:

Sheila E.

» Sheila E. Biography | Famous Drummers

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
:stopitslime:

U r trying to hard. This is what the father of Reggaton looks like. It looks weird implying that a Black man is leeching off of Black music

Then

rs_850x640-180823062558-el-general...-1.jpg

Now

he did spanish reggae. reggaeton is an offshoot of that + HipHop which was mainly formed/done by Latinos who looked more like

image.jpeg

dj-playero-eedb9723-246c-4c0e-803b-cbcc3137671-resize-750.jpg

..........either way, other than the language, there was pretty much nothing "latin" about reggaeton

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
my gripe is be original to your own culture.

So focus on your own races homosexuality issue which was influenced by European abnormality. Focus on how the women in your own race psychologically hate themselves to the point they are bleaching their skin, going to Africa like Tis wife and daughter to get blue eyes and straightening and coloring their hair with chemicles to look like European women. Focus on how the women in your race are having babies with white men so they babies can come out with that "good hair." These should be real priorities if your gripe is being original to ones culture. Thats why I say your outrage is phony

( :sas2: MFW someone reads what I just wrote says to themselves "Oh he must not be Black talking like that")

:hubie:
My bad...We playing stupid. You're right. Latinos doing R&B music in their own country is a bigger priority over the sex tourism and MS13 gang violence. Carry on.

they were hybrid songs. Reggaton + tropical house and Trap with a Boogaloo smaple

Exactly....And you posted an article stressing a Latin R&B takeover that doesnt even exist in the USA. Which goes back to the phony outrage of your opening in the op and title.

actually, a good deal of those songs on the latin charts are R&B influenced

And the R&B world in the USA isnt affected by any of this....Your article is talking about Latin America which again goes back to the phony outrage u in the opening of the OP and the title.

Last edited: