Latinos now trying to leech off R&B (Rolling Stone article)

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
high key proud that our music is so inspiring other nationalities

Low key would be too...if these "other nationalities" let their source of inspiration be known publicly and not just infiltrate, blood suck, and then adopt a highfalutin attitude towards the very thing that they leeched off of to come up...see Post Malone. Salute to Eminem, he always cites his sources of inspiration, since the beginning of his career.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Other races coming up off black folk’s creativeness. The world’s greatest pastime :francis:
latinos are our spicy cousins nikka...

havent heard latin do it since
maxresdefault-880x720.jpg

i thought lisa lisa was the one til prince pulled 1 of his baddest out his stable...

shiela e was
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

she krushed krush groove...no broad in the movie was seeing her...and prince sound was infectious fukk michael

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
latinos are our spicy cousins nikka...

havent heard latin do it since
maxresdefault-880x720.jpg

i thought lisa lisa was the one til prince pulled 1 of his baddest out his stable...

shiela e was
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

she krushed krush groove...no broad in the movie was seeing her...and prince sound was infectious fukk michael

Great examples...

Some nikkas wanna be offended too much.

When this was going on, it was all good, not to mention the freestyle music movement, which was being played right in with the R&B music of the time... wasn't nobody talkin' about "appropriation" nshyt... this is not the same thing as people dippin' in our shyt on the bandwagon and hoppin' off when they get hot.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
:stopitslime:

U r trying to hard. This is what the father of Reggaton looks like. It looks weird implying that a Black man is leeching off of Black music

Then

rs_850x640-180823062558-el-general...-1.jpg

Now

:what: What the fukk this have to do with Reggaeton ripping off Dancehall? It literally did. There is no debate with that. shyt took ONE Riddim from dancehall and ran wit that shyt. It is the FAR less creative, latin version of Dancehall.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
:stopitslime:

U r trying to hard. This is what the father of Reggaton looks like. It looks weird implying that a Black man is leeching off of Black music

Then

rs_850x640-180823062558-el-general...-1.jpg

Now

This is the face of reggaeton in 2019

MH21t3H.jpg

GctcclJ.jpg

7Y8fVat.jpg

tHyK00n.jpg

But my issue with the article is that it gives too much credit to the Latin artists biting off trap and R&B, acting like they're the innovative/influential ones. Like I said before, "how Latin artists changed trap forever" is bullshyt because for the most part, they're just copying what AA artists were doing years ago. But I disagree that Latin R&B is going to become the dominant sound of Latin music. People thought Latin trap was going to overtake reggaeton, and it never happened. I doubt reggaeton will ever stop being the dominant sound unless there's a cultural shift in the US that leads to live instrumentation being the norm in pop music again.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
This is the face of reggaeton in 2019

MH21t3H.jpg

GctcclJ.jpg

7Y8fVat.jpg

tHyK00n.jpg

But my issue with the article is that it gives too much credit to the Latin artists biting off trap and R&B, acting like they're the innovative/influential ones. Like I said before, "how Latin artists changed trap forever" is bullshyt because for the most part, they're just copying what AA artists were doing years ago. But I disagree that Latin R&B is going to become the dominant sound of Latin music. People thought Latin trap was going to overtake reggaeton, and it never happened. I doubt reggaeton will ever stop being the dominant sound unless there's a cultural shift in the US that leads to live instrumentation being the norm in pop music again.

quit cryin n let the writer write...shyt aint that serious..is this shyt gone make u stop livin no...they will come and go...

latin r n b comes every blue moon let em...do what they do...they respect it..u buy any low rider album...u gone hear dj quik 20 times...and then u gone hear nothing but classic r n b...

dramatics is guaranteed to be on there..especially this futhamucka here

i had a lil empanada dulce up in dallas when i was in junior high when i visited...she played this song all the time...while we chilled a white rock....and she would literally

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

she had the best set of guanabanas i have seen...the aereolas...:banderas:

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:what: What the fukk this have to do with Reggaeton ripping off Dancehall? It literally did. There is no debate with that. shyt took ONE Riddim from dancehall and ran wit that shyt. It is the FAR less creative, latin version of Dancehall.

If u seriously think that what El General was doing was "less creative" then u just further exposed yourself for not knowing shyt. El General did what was refered to as "Spanish Reggae"....His music was more reggae influenced then it was "dancehall." and yes there is a difference. Reggaton wasn't even categorized yet so u sound like u dont know what the fukk u talking about trying to interwine the two..... He was innovative in mixing spanish music with Reggae which would later influence Reggaton..... ...U sound like u just making up shyt again.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
If u seriously think that what El General was doing was "less creative" then u just further exposed yourself for not knowing shyt. El General did what was refered to as "Spanish Reggae"....His music was more reggae influenced then it was "dancehall." and yes there is a difference. Reggaton wasn't even categorized yet so u sound like u dont know what the fukk u talking about trying to interwine the two..... He was innovative in mixing spanish music with Reggae which would later influence Reggaton..... ...U sound like u just making up shyt again.
Son im talking about the fukkin origins of Reggaton not the nikka u speaking about which answer my fukkin question about “WHAT THE fukk WAS THE POINT OF U BRINGING THAT nikka UP????”. He was panamanian and got his shyt from jamaican dancehall and the radio forgot about the nikka cause he was too dark. He will tell u himself. He was discriminated against on latin radio cause of this. This is NOT an argument nikka cause im not here to go back n forth about facts. Reggaton ripped off Dancehall. Facts. PERIOD!

Last edited:

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Son im talking about the fukkin origins of Reggaton not the nikka u speaking about which answer my fukkin question about “WHAT THE fukk WAS THE POINT OF U BRINGING THAT nikka UP????”. This is NOT an argument nikka cause im not here to go back n forth about facts. Reggaton ripped off Dancehall. Facts. PERIOD!

:camby:

Get the fukk out of the conversation. U aren't talking facts....U just making up shyt like u always do. I just posted a song that came out years before that Shabba song that was posted that u claimed Reggaton took its origins from and then said its facts. How the fukk does a song that came out in the 90's influence a song that came out in the 80's weirdo? :mjlol:

I brought up El General because Reggaeton was brought up in a topic about Latinos leeching Black music and the man who started Reggaton was Black........ A Black person cant leech off of Black music weirdo.

Last edited: