A MARVEL LISTER UNTIL nikkaS
PUT HIM AT THE TOP OF THE BOX OFFICE.

HE WAS NO BIGGER
THAN BLUE BEETLE IN
THE COMIC BOOK WORLD.
:devil:
:evil:

That's not exactly true.

I agree BP wasn't an A-list Marvel character (neither was Iron Man before the first movie), but to say he was on the level of Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes) is kinda disingenuous.

BP been an Avenger and main player in the Marvel universe since the 60's.

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
NGL I aint ever heard of a Blue Beetle before this, so I dont blame them for not supporting. :ld:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
How they finally got a legit hispanic superhero they quiet asf...:mjlol: all of latin america should be seeing this shyt...

Most of Latin America isn't that pressed over this. Mexico has a DC superhero. Why should other Latinos give a fukk?

Blue Beetle is another example of everyone assuming Latin America is in lockstep with one another because a couple of loudmouths made demands.

shyt, if a Latino gonna be in a movie theater this weekend, they're watching Barbie.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
That's not exactly true.

I agree BP wasn't an A-list Marvel character (neither was Iron Man before the first movie), but to say he was on the level of Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes) is kinda disingenuous.

BP been an Avenger and main player in the Marvel universe since the 60's.

not consistently though. iron man you can say was always around. bp had runs, and then would just come here and there. shyt until recently he would still have a run and after that concluded would disaappear again.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
not consistently though. iron man you can say was always around. bp had runs, and then would just come here and there. shyt until recently he would still have a run and after that concluded would disaappear again.
Nah everyone knew of BP because his name is the fukking Black Panther.. And was pretty much the main successful "black" superhero from jump.. So your parents knew him and the current 30 year olds knew him... It was mostly little kids who didn't know who BP was, and that's if they didn't play any of the legos games...

NOBODY knows who Blue beetle is, even right now

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
:whoo:
tumblr_neyc1bx7z61qg39ewo1_500.gif

Daps
Most of Latin America isn't that pressed over this. Mexico has a DC superhero. Why should other Latinos give a fukk?

Blue Beetle is another example of everyone assuming Latin America is in lockstep with one another because a couple of loudmouths made demands.

shyt, if a Latino gonna be in a movie theater this weekend, they're watching Barbie.
At the bolded part - True. The only thing that unites Latin America is they speak a Latin based/Romance language. Other than that there are many distinct cultures within Latin America. If one thinks that a Mexican has more in common with say an Argentine than an American then... I've got a bridge to sell you.

Daps
I don’t understand the anger and criticism here. Everyone wants characters that look like them. Everyone wants their kids to have characters that identify with their culture. Y’all are in here mad because they get a superhero. Some of y’all sound just as bad a white people when we ask for characters, or get excited about seeing black positivity in the media.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Nah everyone knew of BP because his name is the fukking Black Panther.. And was pretty much the main successful "black" superhero from jump.. So your parents knew him and the current 30 year olds knew him... It was mostly little kids who didn't know who BP was, and that's if they didn't play any of the legos games...

NOBODY knows who Blue beetle is, even right now

if youve watched a dc cartoon series in the last decade you know who blue beetle is, if you played injustice 2, you know who blue beetle is, hell if youve played the lego dc comics games, you know who blue beetle is. if you werent reading comics before black panther came out, you knew nothing of the character. shyt most people still have no idea who black panther is if all they have to go on is his movie appearances.
I don’t understand the anger and criticism here. Everyone wants characters that look like them. Everyone wants their kids to have characters that identify with their culture. Y’all are in here mad because they get a superhero. Some of y’all sound just as bad a white people when we ask for characters, or get excited about seeing black positivity in the media.

i dont think anyone cares that they have ther own heroes. its that when we get ours. they throw a fit asking what about them. only to get one and want nothing to do with it

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
Who the hell is mad? :dahell:

ShadowBroker

Born of the Night
Daps
Reppin
KIC 8462852
I liked the movie and it was because this. I think this movie is some kids Back to The Future or 90s TMNT when they’re older and looking back. This movie had all the late 80s and early 90s tropes in it. This was some Weird Science, Last Starfighter, License To Drive teenage-ish superhero movie. Like some Corey Haim, Richard Greco, Pretty in Pink shyt.

Awkward teen comes back from school, bootcamp, whatever. His family is super loving a supportive. He gets his hands on some high tech and 80s hilarity and 90s action ensues. I have no idea if that’s actually what they were going for but that’s how I saw. Once I started looking at it through that lense I completely enjoyed the film.

Last edited: