Latinos call for their “black panther” super hero

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Blue Beetle, the movie in question, wasn't garbage though. It actually was aight. Have you even seen the movie?

and how would they know if the movie was good or not if nobody is seeing it?
Reviews... Word of mouth...

The same way 99% of the world determines whether they will spend $150 at the movies before wasting their time

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Reviews... Word of mouth...

The same way 99% of the world determines whether they will spend $150 at the movies before wasting their time
yeah i could tell by the way you're talking that you have no idea if the movie was good or not but that didn't stop you. LMAO

and again your point doesn't hold about reviews. It was getting solid reviews. :pachaha:
blue-beetle-review.png

now please stop. You're not right about any of this.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
yeah i could tell by the way you're talking that you have no idea if the movie was good or not but that didn't stop you. LMAO

and again your point doesn't hold about reviews. It was getting solid reviews. :pachaha:
blue-beetle-review.png

now please stop. You're not right about any of this.
Yea you're slow... a 6.8 and 76 is exactly why nobody bothered showing up for this shyt

In YOUR words, "it's aight"

Nobody spending all that money to take 15 mexicans to a 76% bro... Sorry.. It's 2023. Nobody running to the $4 wednesday matinee

So let me say for the last time... PEOPLE WANT GOOD MOVIES

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Yea you're slow... a 6.8 and 76 is exactly why nobody bothered showing up for this shyt

In YOUR words, "it's aight"

Nobody spending all that money to take 15 mexicans to a 76% bro... Sorry.. It's 2023. Nobody running to the $4 wednesday matinee

So let me say for the last time... PEOPLE WANT GOOD MOVIES
75% is good. 80%+=great. And again YOU haven't seen the movie. Why are you telling somebody that saw it how good or bad it is?

You keep speaking like the movie itself is dogshyt, it's actually a solid movie. That's why its funny that it's flopping. All you little attempts at a point are covered.

Hispanic people got a GOOD hispanic superhero movie and didn't support it. The thread is about them wanting "their own black panther".

Daps
Reppin
NULL
75% is good. 80%+=great. And again YOU haven't seen the movie. Why are you telling somebody that saw it how good or bad it is?

You keep speaking like the movie itself is dogshyt, it's actually a solid movie. That's why its funny that it's flopping. All you little attempts at a point are covered.

Hispanic people got a GOOD hispanic superhero movie and didn't support it. The thread is about them wanting "their own black panther".
Topic was about Latinos, you talking about Hispanics. Which one is it?

I didn’t see the movie, but never heard about it until today. Nobody cared. Black panther was something that you couldn’t avoid. Black people went hard for that movie but it would have been a smash if we didn’t

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Topic was about Latinos, you talking about Hispanics. Which one is it?
semantics.

Blue Beetle had television ads. This wasn't some A24 movie. :mjlol: More excuses.

And to address the rest of your post...black people went hard for Black Panther, Latinos/Hispanics said "give us a black panther and let us show you how its done"...and......flop.

And i'ma say this again, it's actually a solid movie. So can't nobody use the "it's a trash movie excuse". It was better than Flash, Black Adam, and Shazam 2.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin

No they got an aight one. Good would be BP level.

It’s funny cause I’m right. People look at reviews and word of mouth where before it was just a trailer. Lots of people got duped into going to avg movies but it was cheap.

Well now movies are $21 at the imax just to walk in the door. And there’s written reviews, Twitter reviews, YouTube reviews and the media reviews. Then there’s 80 websites with those reviews and also ratings systems. Then when the movie drops, you get another 100000 fan reviews and comments.

And so people did exactly what I said. Looked at this shyt and said, this ain’t worth it, and stayed they ass home. Where they can catch it for free download in 2 months.

So for another time…. People want representation in GOOD movies and then they would show up.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
semantics.

Blue Beetle had television ads. This wasn't some A24 movie. :mjlol: More excuses.

And to address the rest of your post...black people went hard for Black Panther, Latinos/Hispanics said "give us a black panther and let us show you how its done"...and......flop.

And i'ma say this again, it's actually a solid movie. So can't nobody use the "it's a trash movie excuse". It was better than Flash, Black Adam, and Shazam 2.
So it was better than 3 other movies that flopped but you didn’t bother to name anything good it was on the level of or better than….

But you think I’d read your comments/review and go spend $40 at the movies to watch this? Better yet bring 2-3 kids and pay $100?

Nah man. It’s 2023.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
So it was better than 3 other movies that flopped but you didn’t bother to name anything good it was on the level of or better than….

But you think I’d read your comments/review and go spend $40 at the movies to watch this? Better yet bring 2-3 kids and pay $100?

Nah man. It’s 2023.
again YOU haven't seen the movie. It was better than 3 movies with more star power. I say that to say, YOU CAN'T USE THE "IT'S A TRASH MOVIE" stance. What point are you even grasping at now? You're all over the place.
let me talk to you on a simple level.

The movie is not a bad movie. I saw the movie, it's a solid movie. It has solid reviews. Again...I say that to say, YOU CAN'T USE THE "IT'S A TRASH MOVIE" stance.

It had pretty much nothing to compete with this weekend. There goes the "it dropped at a bad time" argument.

The whole point is that Latinos got their "black panther" and didn't support it. IF YOU CAN'T DEBATE THIS POINT THEN STOP RESPONDING.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
again YOU haven't seen the movie. It was better than 3 movies with more star power. I say that to say, YOU CAN'T USE THE "IT'S A TRASH MOVIE" stance. What point are you even grasping at now? You're all over the place.
let me talk to you on a simple level.

The movie is not a bad movie. I saw the movie, it's a solid movie. It has solid reviews. Again...I say that to say, YOU CAN'T USE THE "IT'S A TRASH MOVIE" stance.

It had pretty much nothing to compete with this weekend. There goes the "it dropped at a bad time" argument.

The whole point is that Latinos got their "black panther" and didn't support it. IF YOU CAN'T DEBATE THIS POINT THEN STOP RESPONDING.
Yea. You are slow. Let me dumb it down.

Latins want good movie with representation

Movie was not good enough to make them want to pay money

Could not know before spending so relied on reviews

Not on level of BP at all

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
Blue bettle was underwhelming AF, not gonna lie.

Movie suffered from a bit of overacting, I was watching George Lopez intently (he about the only one I knew there) and I noticed someone else could've done that part more believably than he did. :francis:
The main character was definitely on some other shyt at least until act 2. I couldn't tell if he was naive, or sheltered or what. Can't speak on the third act as I checked out of the movie, but from what I saw some of the scenes weren't exactly well written so the acting felt unnatural to watch.

Why they got the Brazilian girl to play that love interest part, out of the thousands of other beautiful latina actresses that can speak english without an accent, is way beyond me. :francis:
She's hot for sure, but I'm a native portuguese speaker so I could tell she wasn't fluent enough in some parts. I wonder if y'all noticed...?