Latinos call for their “black panther” super hero

parallax

Superstar
Daps
You do realize you quoted a post indicating this will be a colossal failure, right? :dahell:

Miracles happen. Maybe Latinos will roll out on droves to support one of their own... instead of batching about what we've got for once

Daps
Reppin
NULL
1.begging the white man to "give" you a movie that your community will make $0 is progress right?
2.Let the super hero be "latino" but also black and see how they embrace "latino"

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Superhero movies are great, you don't know what you're missing.

I was watching the last half hour of Endgame today and I almost shed a thug tear when Captain America was about to face Thanos and his army all by himself and then Falcon was like "Cap, can you hear me? On your left."

And the mf Black Panther came through that portal. :wow:

That scene will always give me goosebumps.

I can be fair and say that's when comic book movies peaked though. I dont know if they can ever do anything that will top that moment.

It's a case of them outdoing themselves and now they can never do anything that will ever reach that greatness again.
breh they still have the entire x-men universe to unfold

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
This.

Them Latinos don't care about a Super Hero. They just want everything black people have.

Latinos stay jealous of Black people.
Superhero movies are too popular for me to agree with this. Everyone wants a superhero. But when the big superhero your people get is...Blue Beetle? Would you expect this to work for any other race, even black or white people? Hell no. Limited marketing, no lead in via another film, a hero nobody has heard of etc etc. Black Panther was in a Captain America movie, had a noteworthy comic, etc. He was also cool.

The trailer has over 15mil views which says to me that people were at least curious...then they watched it and were like nah I'm good. It looks like one of those goofy 90s/early 00s movies with a goofy everyman protagonist who randomly gets super powers. I don't think making a movie that already has a goofy name have a goof main character and trailer was a good idea lmao. Like this legit feels like studios scouring comic archives to find random heroes nobody cares about in order to have more Hispanic, black, Asian, etc heroes to put butts in seats. Thankfully the comic bubble is bursting and there's no room for off brand shyt anymore.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Superhero movies are too popular for me to agree with this. Everyone wants a superhero. But when the big superhero your people get is...Blue Beetle? Would you expect this to work for any other race, even black or white people? Hell no. Limited marketing, no lead in via another film, a hero nobody has heard of etc etc. Black Panther was in a Captain America movie, had a noteworthy comic, etc. He was also cool.

The trailer has over 15mil views which says to me that people were at least curious...then they watched it and were like nah I'm good. It looks like one of those goofy 90s/early 00s movies with a goofy everyman protagonist who randomly gets super powers. I don't think making a movie that already has a goofy name have a goof main character and trailer was a good idea lmao. Like this legit feels like studios scouring comic archives to find random heroes nobody cares about in order to have more Hispanic, black, Asian, etc heroes to put butts in seats. Thankfully the comic bubble is bursting and there's no room for off brand shyt anymore.

blue beetle has had a lot of exposure over the years. hes not some nobody character. he was in more things by the time this movie comes out than black panther was. couple that with a cool powerset, and theres really no reason to shyt on the character outside not knowing anything about him

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

BLACK PANTHER WASNT
A MARVEL LISTER UNTIL nikkaS
PUT HIM AT THE TOP OF THE BOX OFFICE.

HE WAS NO BIGGER
THAN BLUE BEETLE IN
THE COMIC BOOK WORLD.

IF ANT MAN CAN WORK
LATINOS DEFINITELY SHOULD
BE SUPPORTING BLUE BEETLE.
:devil:
:evil: