Latino magazine mad over Empire ask: "Where are the Latinos?"

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
You don't even defend your Nigerian brethren like this. Where is the PR black movement like the Black Power Movements in the 70s? :mjpls:

I prefer Nigerian women who are true to their roots before I take a watered down "no black" c00n woman that is mentally brainwashed in the west.

Don't :cape: for anyone that doesn't like your culture.

That is all.
When was is asked of me to defend Nigerians? I'm a Yoruba man.

You don't even know shyt about those movements your damn self and are just throwing out words.

One thing I've learned in here, yall niqqas who "claim" love black people do little to study anything about the diaspora that's tied to it. Fronting ass niqqa want to site movements he doesn't know shyt about

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
When was is asked of me to defend Nigerians? I'm a Yoruba man.

You don't even know shyt about those movements your damn self and are just throwing out words.

One thing I've learned in here, yall niqqas who "claim" love black people do little to study anything about the diaspora that's tied to it. Fronting ass niqqa want to site movements he doesn't know shyt about

But You will never see me defending a racially ambiguous group that never done shyt to help black people. That is just fair, IMO. Even if they do take traditional African tribal rituals, that doesn't give them the right to 1-up over us.

NYC Rebel

Daps
I lost all respect for this nikka in this thread. What the fukk have Puerto Ricans done for Africa? You would have thought they gave them independence the way his talking lol play the bongo and know a few voodoo spells breh
And exactly whar has African Americans done for Africa? Because I can site my lineage to islands like PR & Cuba I have a problem now? Go and get daps from your little circle of uneducated Coli friends. Much of Rican culture is black cultue

NYC Rebel

Daps
But You will never see me defending a racially ambiguous group that never done shyt to help black people. That is just fair, IMO. Even if they do take traditional African tribal rituals, that doesn't give them the right to 1-up over us.
Good for you. You're too uneducated to defend anything worthwhile. I'm supposed to ignore my cultural African lineage to these people to make YOU comfortable?

Nah dog....don't ask this black man that. I find cats with my last name in slave archives brought to Cuba, PR, and brazil. Those are my people TOO but your dunderheaded ass want to speak as if I'm in the wrong for speaking these truths

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Good for you. You're too uneducated to defend anything worthwhile. I'm supposed to ignore my cultural African lineage to these people to make YOU comfortable?

Nah dog....don't ask this black man that. I find cats with my last name in slave archives brought to Cuba, PR, and brazil. Those are my people TOO but your dunderheaded ass want to speak as if I'm in the wrong for speaking these truths

Is like this: the pro-black ones who want to embrace their African roots, let them. I have 0% beef with them. The c00ns that be on that :mjpls: it throughout the diaspora, let them suffer because they chose to be like the oppressor. Can't save people that don't want to be saved.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
:snoop:

We KNOW it came from Africa. Bottomline is, african Americans weren't allowed to keep drums on these shores. Ricans were.

The irony of you saying they didnt contribute is culturally, Ricans are more African than african Americans. Santeria which they follow and folks in Cuba practice is my people in Ife religion called Yoruba. African Americans were wholesale stripped of much of their African culture that Ricans were allowe to and still retain.

c'mon man, there is a whole thread on this-->http://www.thecoli.com/threads/refu...merican-music-culture-is-europeanized.280978/

We're talking about tokes that predate pun and them.

I get cats want to datamine their way into these discussions. I get it...that's how it works. But they played a huge role in hip hop. To some in here that say hip hop came out of disco, how do we ignore the New York Rican influence on the music? The conga section on most of those cuts was heavily influenced by salsa that was popping at the time. Blacks were absorbing too.

Disco's roots have nothing to do with NYC, the actual blueprint started from lush soul-funk from Philly. The Soul-Funk that eventually became Disco, where you hear congas had nothing to do with Salsa.

skeetsinternal

I never see my nut
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cervixes
And exactly whar has African Americans done for Africa? Because I can site my lineage to islands like PR & Cuba I have a problem now? Go and get daps from your little circle of uneducated Coli friends. Much of Rican culture is black cultue
mase-gif.gif

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

Ricans do have an African influence to their culture but it's not to the level of Cubans. Alot of the "Afro" stuff than Nuyoricans do is borrowed from Cubans, that's how they came up with the sound of Salsa. Their culture isn't European either but it has European elements. Basically their culture is triracial just like their genetics.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Give it a rest Puerto Rican influence in hip hop is minimal. A few congos and break dancing doesn't say PR's made a great strides in hip hop. They saw what the liked and joined in. Just like everybody else that jocks black culture when convenient. Sad because there were more white rappers that were better than any PR rapper for the most part. Most PR rappers were trash. Big Pun. One and done son. lol

That's what my whole post was about/confirming:stopitslime:

NYC Rebel

Daps
c'mon man, there is a whole thread on this-->http://www.thecoli.com/threads/refu...merican-music-culture-is-europeanized.280978/

Disco's roots have nothing to do with NYC, the actual blueprint started from lush soul-funk from Philly. The Soul-Funk that eventually became Disco, where you hear congas had nothing to do with Salsa.
we know the philly sound played a major role in disco. Gamble and Huff practically fathered it. But their percussion sound was led damn near by Latinos. MSFB who they worked with out of Philly who made Love Is The Message and ran disco was led by a Vincent Montana who is considered the Godfather of Disco. They split up and made SalSoul (salsa-soul) records and ran black disco later.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
we know the philly sound played a major role in disco. Gamble and Huff practically fathered it. But their percussion sound was led damn near by Latinos. MSFB who they worked with out of Philly who made Love Is The Message and ran disco was led by a Vincent Montana who is considered the Godfather of Disco. They split up and made SalSoul (salsa-soul) records and ran black disco later.

Vince was Italian.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Like I said before, Latinos are opportunistic and will latch on to any race when there's something to be gained from it

They claim black and culture vulture when it's cool and when that isn't hot they have "European ancestors" and claim that shyt.
you just defined white ppl breh :mjlol:

NYC Rebel

Daps
Vince was Italian.
I know...but that section he led was mostly Latino.

The irony is that the only label putting out REAL non-mainstream disco outside of what Gamble and Huff were doing in the mainstream was SalSoul Records out of NY.

Ricans and Island folks had the luxury of keeping that african sound of the drum. The last time the African drum was in the states was in New Orleans when the French ruled. Once Americans took over, they kept drums out of the hands of slaves fearful that the sounds would be used as an alert to start slave rebellions. Lots of layers to this shyt...but they played a major role in the sound of Disco and House.

• Dap
Reactions: Dip

UnoVon

Pro
Daps

The irony is that the only label putting out REAL non-mainstream disco outside of what Gamble and Huff were doing in the mainstream was SalSoul Records out of NY.

Ricans and Island folks had the luxury of keeping that african sound of the drum. The last time the African drum was in the states was in New Orleans when the French ruled. Once Americans took over, they kept drums out of the hands of slaves fearful that the sounds would be used as an alert to start slave rebellions. Lots of layers to this shyt...but they played a major role in the sound of Disco and House.
Typical retarded ass NY nikka talking shyt with that overly dramitic ass NY nikka accent. You need to slap yourself and take care of your moms nikka get the fukk off the internet with that all that bullshyt nikka. African people on the continent and in the diaspora created every music genre that matters including classical and we did it all by ourselves too.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

You talking Philly or Salsoul?

You also had

West End Records, Prelude Records and Casablanca Records

Ricans and Island folks had the luxury of keeping that african sound of the drum. The last time the African drum was in the states was in New Orleans when the French ruled. Once Americans took over, they kept drums out of the hands of slaves fearful that the sounds would be used as an alert to start slave rebellions.

This isn't fully true

Lots of layers to this shyt...but they played a major role in the sound of Disco and House.

The real start of the Disco and House feel was the 4/4 hissing hi hat sound..this had nothing to do with handdrums/congas

7:17

Last edited: