Latino magazine mad over Empire ask: "Where are the Latinos?"

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
Actually I didn't. I wasn't hired by a Cuban. The workplace as a whole was 90% Cuban. I'm not a business man. Everybody has different talents. That is like saying why aren't you a doctor?

There is racism everywhere, but please Cubans were given Miami. The corruption is deplorable. shyt it's the Colombians that got Miami poppin with all the drug cartel money. There is shyt going on in every country. I was in Medellin a few months back, I didn't have a problem.

given to them by the archdiocese of miami and jesuits but that's for another day and topic.

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
How long did them fukking Cubans last? What? Three or four good songs? Ice Cube the Don Mega killed their career.

They had a good couple albums, like 2-3.

And they had the Afro-Cuban dude

DvZyT9Q.jpg

:lolbron:

YaThreadFloppedB!

The Patron Saint of Threads
Daps
Reppin
The Bushes
For a while on prime time TV it wasn't no black faces as main characters, then you had Scandal which snowballed into shows that started to put more black faces as main characters in television. Now you have Empire which is a black show based on a black family in hip hop, breaking records and making history no less, and now Latinos wanna cry about it? :heh: Latinos were not a part of creating hip hop, they were just there, it's black American culture, Jamaicans have more say than damn Puerto Ricans who just happened to live in the projects. With that said, why don't they stop crying and create their own shyt? Or better yet, address the lack of negros on their telenovelas. They have their own damn channels so they can stfu about wanting a piece of something they have no right to. fukk outta here. Go create your own shyt instead of being on that "mejorar la raza" then complaining about television that shows black faces which they refuse to show on they down damn channels. Ain't that about a bytch? :wtf:
Chuuuuch

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
They had a good couple albums, like 2-3.

And they had the Afro-Cuban dude

DvZyT9Q.jpg

:lolbron:
LOL. Man I was talking about the white one really. I haven't met too many Afro Cubans most stay in Cuba from what one told me. I don't think their albums were good. I think you can take about 2 to 3 good songs from each album maybe. :ld:

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
When I wrote dating I meant its a problem for the older family members or some of the family straight from the islands. People still date each other with no problems a lot of the times, but, a lot of the time it is some race bullshyt. And its with people who look black or mixed. The shyt just has me:wtf:
My bad. I forgot about the Nicaraguans too. I chopped it up with them when I was in Miami. Same shyt when gathering with them in social events.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Thr funny thing is empire is so mismarketed.
it is a rnb label television show.
it has nuffin to do with hiphop.
besides mechanically a wack commercial culturally deficient character who is the son of the main antagonist getting viewed more than he should.

The issue with empire is it is a culturally deficient gay scourge based tv show.
preying on a culture that is completely juxtaposed from what the tv show and it's characters are about.

Just because they have one person who says they can rap.
doesn't mean the culture is properly represented, and on empire there is nothing culturally recognizable that could be called hiphop on it.
Art Barr

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
no, the dancing kid is black. i dont know what type of racial hybrid fictional mix naveen is.

RMK1425GM_z.jpg
the only time we agree about race and mixing:skip:

that entire character and dynamic is bullshyt.