Latino magazine mad over Empire ask: "Where are the Latinos?"

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
No its not. you are projecting your insecurities. You think because i said with out west indians theres no hip hop that i think hip hop was started by jamaican immigrants and aas tagged alone. None of which i said

I'll put it like this...HipHop as a culture from it's start was basically always aesthetically and culturally based in AfroAmerican traditions from rapping (Jive Talk, The Dozens, Hokum Blues, Jazzoetry), HipHop Dance (Jazz Dance and then later Soul/Funk dance) and Graff (Dudes from Philly in the mid 1960's). This is the source for what later became HipHop. Now as I pointed out before people of West Indian descent like Herc played a roll in the early HipHop jams for sure but I can't say he created anything new. The evidence doesn't support it.

Im not really trying to discredit Herc. Infact, I give him credit for being aware that his crowd wanted to hear Funky songs and observing that many people in his crowd would start bugging out/dancing during the parts where the singing dropped out and all you heard was the Funky drumming parts. By him noticing that, he helped initiate ONLY GOING TO THE BREAK PARTS. I can't give him credit for discovering the idea of knowing about the "Break" because Disco DJ's were already doing this, they just didn't dwell on it. Now, I can't five credit to Herc for the art of rapping because we know for a fact that syncopated rhyming to the beat was already being done by Disco DJ's around 1970 and 1971 outside the Bronx. That didn't come into play in the Herc scene to about 1976/1977. To go further back, the syncopated rhyming to a beat had been going on way back since the 1920's/1930's. Songs with true Funk beats were being made pre-HipHop since the 1960's. Herc says he never rapped in the syncopated rhyming form and numerous people that attended his park jams also attest that he didn't. Yet, people keep trying to link the art of rapping to Jamaica through Herc:dwillhuh:

Grandmaster Flash on Herc:

"His style was basically freelance talking"

Kxry3Uc.png

Everything Baambatta cites in the last paragraph for the roots of rapping is AfroAmerican in origin

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
Thr funny thing is empire is so mismarketed.
it is a rnb label television show.
it has nuffin to do with hiphop.
besides mechanically a wack commercial culturally deficient character who is the son of the main antagonist getting viewed more than he should.

The issue with empire is it is a culturally deficient gay scourge based tv show.
preying on a culture that is completely juxtaposed from what the tv show and it's characters are about.

Just because they have one person who says they can rap.
doesn't mean the culture is properly represented, and on empire there is nothing culturally recognizable that could be called hiphop on it.
Art Barr

Art Barr with the real as usual. I'm proud to say I've yet to sit down and watch this garbage, shows like this represent everything I despise about the current culture.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
@IllmaticDelta brodie i never said anything about reggae or toasting.

You said HipHop wouldn't exist without Herc, didn't you? I just showed you all the ingredients for HipHop were already going on or in place from AfroAmerican culture alone. You have to explain your view with evidence to back your claim:yeshrug:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Art Barr with the real as usual. I'm proud to say I've yet to sit down and watch this garbage, shows like this represent everything I despise about the current culture.

dawg, you not missing nuffin but propaganda to show you how to be a lecherous piece of shyt.
plus, propaganda to try to commend black males for their bullshyt.
while, never being on point and not having or seeking knowledge of self.
cookie is just great because taraji is just that good talent.
yet, jada on Gotham is world's to light year's better.
where I have not heard one positive thing in jada's favor.
in the same pr'd blitz phase as all of empire.
empire is the next leg of fox network propaganda in attacking the black heterosexual male community.
the show is called empire cause it is a roman gay lifestyle attack on the black heterosexual Carthage male that conquered all of Europe and over threw Rome.
shyt is a blatant all out assault on being a black heterosexual male.
from any and all possible variables or routes available or unseen.

Art Barr

Last edited:

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
i didnt even know latinos and blacks didnt get along like that:ohhh:

although i'm latino and notice the kind of reaction fam and friends have towards black and i'm like :leostare:

both groups are incredibly proud so it makes sense they'd clash often

if there's anything i appreciate about black culture it's the desire to stick together. maybe it's just on here on the coli but i like it:jawalrus:

-----

This account was for entertainment purposes only.
Daps
Reppin
Paradise
hip hop always been a black thing in my eyes even tho a few latin rappers do their thing. that shyt getting wack anyway :camby:

:usure:Why because we finally realize that you people don't belong in our subcultures or because you gwallas can't get a piece no more?

I bet you think that reggaeton is the life of the party though. As if that isn't a blatant rip off of Black music too.:upsetfavre: Get out of here.
:camby:

-----

This account was for entertainment purposes only.
Daps
Reppin
Paradise
One writer = entire latino community I guess :mjlol:
Don't nobody give a fukk about latinos not being on empire. I know I don't :heh:

The lines are already drawn. Too much bad blood in between us. At least for me it is.

1stPick

Banned
Daps
i didnt even know latinos and blacks didnt get along like that:ohhh:

although i'm latino and notice the kind of reaction fam and friends have towards black and i'm like :leostare:

both groups are incredibly proud so it makes sense they'd clash often

if there's anything i appreciate about black culture it's the desire to stick together. maybe it's just on here on the coli but i like it:jawalrus:

:dead:

dioris

Rookie
Daps
Empire was created by white people .. They really making a mockery of the culture and you idiots choose to Watch it and give it ratings... That show is super racist! I still watch it tho fackkkkk it !!!! Lol

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do these dusky Latinos actually think they had something to do with hiphop?:heh: Lol fukk outta here. Hiphop is solely black created just like 90% of every music genre out there. Just because some Puerto Rican fukks did some break dancing doesn't mean they had somethig to do with it.

Motherfukkers always trying to hang on our coat tails for the good things and abandon us during the bad times. :pacspit:

"M-M-Mexicans created rap music!" :duck:

Latinos didn't even create somberos. Cacs did. :heh: