Latino magazine mad over Empire ask: "Where are the Latinos?"

skeetsinternal

I never see my nut
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cervixes
:francis: i've seen prs, panamanians, and drs at the parade

west indies is a term that really only describes the english speaking islands since the only ones called West Indies, In French and Dutch, they called the islands Antilles. i believe Caribbean Hispanics prefer Caribbean over West Indies
:wtf: Where them nikkas floats, bands, and hundreds of nationals jumping up??? Yea you see them sprinkled here and there but more than likely they there with a friend or fukking someone west indian

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
Man your analogy aren't even good enough to be funny.

Jamaica had mento which was influenced by other genres (caplyso, jazz, soul etc) to become ska and reggae
without Ethiopia, yeah there wouldn't be a Rastafarian movement

You got more?
According to critic Edward Dupris, Mento musicians were quick to adopt the R&B styling because of its "smooth rolling rhythms." (pg. 132) However, towards the end of the 1950s, local musicians began to fuse native Mento rhythms with the popular imported style to create music termed Ska. Dupris states that both a difficulty importing R&B records and declining Jamaican interest in the stagnate pool of R&B records on the island lead to this change. In a recent interview, Laurel Aitken described the development of Ska this way:

In the '50s we used to listen to American rhythm & blues from New Orleans. Everybody used to dance to that music in Jamaica, but in the '50s our music there was Calypso, which come from Trinidad, and we took Calypso and mixed it with the rhythm & blues and we turned that into Ska. So part of the roots of Ska music is from America. & Ska music is American rhythm & blues and Jamaican calypso and it went from there - that's where Ska come from. We used to listen to men like Smiley Lewis, Joe Turner, Roscoe Gordon, and all these guys in the '50s and we were influenced, I was influenced, by Roscoe Gordon because he played a downbeat boogie. Roscoe Gordon is an American black singer and I was influenced by him. Not only me, but other guys during that time was influenced by him because it was very popular - the boogie-woogie stuff. And as I said, we mixed the boogie-woogie stuff with calypso and that's where Ska came from, as simple as that. (Urfer)

African Americans are the founders of Ska music:troll::wow::lolbron::mjlol::russ:

Deal with it :troll:

Arguably the most poignant of these discursive topographies is that of the Rastafari faith and culture. Like the Garvey Movement and other forms of pan-Africanism before it, the Rastafari fashion their vision of an ancestral homeland through a complex of ideas and symbols known as Ethiopianism, an ideology which has informed African-American concepts of nationhood, independence, and political uplift since the late 16th century. Derived from references in the Holy Bible to black people as 'Ethiopians', this discourse has been used to express the political, cultural, and spiritual aspirations of blacks in the Caribbean and North America for over three centuries. From the last quarter of the 18th century to the present, Ethiopianism has, at various times, provided the basis for a common sense of destiny and identification between African peoples in the North American colonies, the Caribbean, Europe, and the African continent.

While the present-day Rastafari Movement is undoubtedly the most conspicuous source of contemporary Ethiopianist identifications, the culture of Jah People obscures the wider historical range and scope of Ethiopianist ideas and identifications among African peoples in the Diaspora and on the continent. Names like Phyllis Wheatley, Bishop Richard Allen, Prince Hall, Denmark Vesey, Martin Delany, Casley Hayford, Frederick Douglass, Bishop Henry McNeil Turner, Albert Thorne, and Marcus Garvey all drew upon the powerful identification of this discourse to spread a message of secular and spiritual liberation of black peoples on the African continent and abroad. More so than any of his predecessors or contemporaries, however, it was Marcus Garvey--a Jamaican of proud Maroon heritage--who championed the cry of "Africa for the Africans, at home and abroad" and encouraged his followers in the biblical view that "every nation must come to rest beneath their own vine and fig tree."

Look at all those African American pioneers?:mjlol: :lolbron: :russ: :troll:

Without African Americans there is no Rastafari:troll: :wow: :lolbron: :mjlol:

@lotty Look how far we done came breh :ehh: :wow:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
:wtf: Where them nikkas floats, bands, and hundreds of nationals jumping up??? Yea you see them sprinkled here and there but more than likely they there with a friend or fukking someone west indian
well yeah they don't participate much as far as floats and stuff. there's not that many cubans and prs and drs have their own parades

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
African Americans are the founders of Ska music:troll::wow::lolbron::mjlol::russ:

Deal with it :troll:

Look at all those African American pioneers?:mjlol: :lolbron: :russ: :troll:

Without African Americans there is no Rastafari:troll: :wow: :lolbron: :mjlol:

@lotty Look how far we done came breh :ehh: :wow:
Do you have a learning disability?

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
exactly, everyone tries to convince us to be fair and inclusive when its our shyt. but when they're off building their businesses or producing their own media, blacks are the LAST people on their minds.
The Rican and black vote is lock and step the same. They're the only ones that vote for black candidates....unlike others. Blacks here voted for John Liu....but Asians couldn't vote for a black mayoral candidate in return.

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
A lot of people in Miami rep their culture at different events. Come job time them Cubans are not cool at all. So all this is just propaganda.

if one can't get a job or a hustle going in today's miami he either doesn't have adequate jobs skills or lacks motivation to go out and get his. the county mayor recently acknowledged the racial nepotism in miami but vowed to work on the issue starting with the pork and beans construction project. the newly remodeled design district and midtown shops have tons of peeps with jobs.

also .....

Proposal submitted for world's largest mall in Miami
http://www.wsvn.com/story/28275535/proposal-submitted-for-worlds-largest-mall-in-miami

6914605_G.jpg

New developers for old Biscayne Landing site
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/article13131902.html

A new real estate developer has joined the team trying to bring life to the long-troubled 183-acre Biscayne Landing project in North Miami.

Aventura founders Turnberry Associates have entered a 50/50 partnership with the New York-based LeFrak Organization, which has held an interest in the site since 2012, said company namesake Richard LeFrak.

LeFrak’s company, a well-known national firm that recently opened a Miami office, is also a partner with Starwood in 1 South Beach Hotel & Residences. Turnberry CEO Jeffrey Soffer owns the Fontainebleau Resort on Miami Beach.

Dev2103

All Star
Daps
:francis: i've seen prs, panamanians, and drs at the parade

west indies is a term that really only describes the english speaking islands since the only ones called West Indies, In French and Dutch, they called the islands Antilles. i believe Caribbean Hispanics prefer Caribbean over West Indies

Never liked the words West Indian unless you're talking about an actual person of Indian descent living in the Caribbean. Using a term from navigation in the 1600s to talk about land in the Americas in relation to India seems :hamster:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
You never see Cuba, DR, PR, or any other of them carribean latino countries participate in the "west indian " day parade in NY. They have their own shyt separate from nikkas

That should explain everything. They don't even like us to support, but I see thirsty brehs in the PR/DR parades all the time.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Never liked the words West Indian unless you're talking about an actual person of Indian descent living in the Caribbean. Using a term from navigation in the 1600s to talk about land in the Americas in relation to India seems :hamster:
i personally prefer Caribbean but there's still alot of people from the islands that still use West Indies so :yeshrug:
That should explain everything. They don't even like us to support, but I see thirsty brehs in the PR/DR parades all the time.
like you right? mr. i pretend i'm dominican to fukk dominincan bytches then let them know i'm jamaican after

i've stated that ska and reggae are influenced by American music but i guess your parents didn't love you enough to teach you how to read

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
if one can't get a job or a hustle going in today's miami he either doesn't have adequate jobs skills or lacks motivation to go out and get his. the county mayor recently acknowledged the racial nepotism in miami but vowed to work on the issue starting with the pork and beans construction project. the newly remodeled design district and midtown shops have tons of peeps with jobs.

also .....

Proposal submitted for world's largest mall in Miami
http://www.wsvn.com/story/28275535/proposal-submitted-for-worlds-largest-mall-in-miami

6914605_G.jpg

New developers for old Biscayne Landing site
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/article13131902.html

A new real estate developer has joined the team trying to bring life to the long-troubled 183-acre Biscayne Landing project in North Miami.

Aventura founders Turnberry Associates have entered a 50/50 partnership with the New York-based LeFrak Organization, which has held an interest in the site since 2012, said company namesake Richard LeFrak.

LeFrak’s company, a well-known national firm that recently opened a Miami office, is also a partner with Starwood in 1 South Beach Hotel & Residences. Turnberry CEO Jeffrey Soffer owns the Fontainebleau Resort on Miami Beach.
That's bullshyt. I have the skills and the degrees. Even though I was able to get a good salary, I had to hint to about how people were making money that didn't deserve it. They all were Cubans. Cubans hire non qualified people because they are Cuban all the time. shyt is sickening. They do piss poor work, and get paid more than blacks there. They were given the city of Miami by the Cacs and all they have to show for it is bad coffee, hairy women, and a crooked city on all levels. Funny thing I didn't realize this until about 5 years ago. I always worked in Fort Lauderdale. I didn't realize how racist they were until working with them. It's a hidden racism for the most part. I got all of them straight though.

The project you are talking about, I'll believe it when I see it.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
i personally prefer Caribbean but there's still alot of people from the islands that still use West Indies so :yeshrug:

like you right? mr. i pretend i'm dominican to fukk dominincan bytches then let them know i'm jamaican after

i've stated that ska and reggae are influenced by American music but i guess your parents didn't love you enough to teach you how to read

I never went to a DR parade in my life. Went to the WI parade a couple of times, but it was OD overcrowded.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Rican and black vote is lock and step the same. They're the only ones that vote for black candidates....unlike others. Blacks here voted for John Liu....but Asians couldn't vote for a black mayoral candidate in return.
i didnt say anything about political affiliation :ld: i said businesses and media