Latino magazine mad over Empire ask: "Where are the Latinos?"

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Disco came out of funk, and soul, I don't know where you get salsa from. Down the line it played a part but not in the beginning.

I agree that it was people from different areas who helped create hip hop BUT it was the environment of NYC that created hip hop. The segregation created the need for block parties, and rec enter jams. The need to do something created the graffiti, and dancing. None of these things were created because someone came from another land, and brought it to NYC, which is why saying withoutmwest Indians hip hop wouldn't be created is being disingenuous.
I BEEN saying the meshing of african diaspora cultures created hip hop. To solely give african Americans in NY credit for it is wack. This city is a african diaspora of many here. You can't attibute anything that came out of it to one group. And it includes Ricans

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I did, why didn't hip hop start in the South or Chicago or LA?
You didn't read it because I explained. It was the environment of NYC, and the explosion of Disco, that birthed hip hop. Go watch the founding fathers on youtube, then read @IllmaticDelta posts, and you will start to see the truth. Also look up disco king mario, and kool dee on YouTube. The channel is named michaelwayntv, I think.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
You didn't read it because I explained. It was the environment of NYC, and the explosion of Disco, that birthed hip hop. Go watch the founding fathers on youtube, then read @IllmaticDelta posts, and you will start to see the truth. Also look up disco king mario, and kool dee on YouTube. The channel is named michaelwayntv, I think.
you mean the unique environment of West Indians :patrice:. i've read Illmatic Delta's posts, rapping comes from Africa thus "rap" started in the South (just like similar vocal styles developed elsewhere in the diaspora). He's also right that American jazz and soul influence reggae and ska in Jamaica which would end up influencing hip hop here. But none of that makes my point false, that there's no hip hop without West Indians. And hip hop wouldn't be around today if it wasn't for West Indians. Again, hip hop (pay attention to the words i'm using, i'm not just talking about rapping) didn't emerge in any of the other cities whose black populations were solely AA. how do you explain hip hop developing in NYC and not Detroit, Atlanta, or Chicago or elsewhere?

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I BEEN saying the meshing of african diaspora cultures created hip hop. To solely give african Americans in NY credit for it is wack. This city is a african diaspora of many here. You can't attibute anything that came out of it to one group. And it includes Ricans
Sorry for confusing you with the others who keep repeating that hip hop comes from Jamaica or without them there would be no hip hop. All bullshyt.

NYC Rebel

Daps
The truth hurts.
You're a troll.

You don't even know what it's like to go downstairs and get some BBQ ribs and go next door to munch on some doubles. You will probably google yourself into that last part, but afrocan Americans in NY alone are not authors of hip hop

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you mean the unique environment of West Indians :patrice:. i've read Illmatic Delta's posts, rapping comes from Africa thus "rap" started in the South (just like similar vocal styles developed elsewhere in the diaspora). He's also right that American jazz and soul influence reggae and ska in Jamaica which would end up influencing hip hop here. But none of that makes my point false, that there's no hip hop without West Indians. And hip hop wouldn't be around today if it wasn't for West Indians. Again, hip hop (pay attention to the words i'm using, i'm not just talking about rapping) didn't emerge in any of the other cities whose black populations were solely AA. how do you explain hip hop developing in NYC and not Detroit, Atlanta, or Chicago or elsewhere?
What unique environment? Blacks were coming up from the south in large numbers in that era. In fact it was mostly AA back then, and as time went on AA moved out to more middle class areas such as Brooklyn, and queens. This was during white flight, and the neighborhoods started going down.

Again, it was DISCO, not reggae or just because west Indians came to the NYC that created hip hop. If that's the case why didn't it come from Miami. Their environment is the same as NYC.

christinasade

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you have one Black American parent By Black American standards yes. Do I have to pull up that Malcolm X quote of him dissing on that African dude or just Africans in General during The Civil Rights Movement?

Of course Malcolm x dissed him his momma was a half breed.

And black Americans got some shytty standards.

_Anghellic_

Tia Mowry Bandwagon
Daps
Reppin
The Dirty South
stop propping someone else to defend your own points. no one here is a hotep back to africa dude, and none of us have mentioned malcolm x except you. this is about you calling lupita cripsy.
1. People were questioning the blackness of light skinned Black Americans.
2. Malcolm X was brought up so those certain "Posters" wouldn't accuse me of bashing Africans.(We all know who they are)
3. Crispy was used to refer to the ashy white hue of her hotep fanbase's skin texture. Nothing to do with skin color, it's skin texture.
Some africans do tend to do that i couldnt name any that were integral in the movement off the top of my head But people stokely carmichael and harry belanfonte were on the front line
Careful you're going to be accused of "Bashing Africans" :sas2:

NYC Rebel

Daps
Sorry for confusing you with the others who keep repeating that hip hop comes from Jamaica or without them there would be no hip hop. All bullshyt.
I was responding to a troll with the same simplemindedness he was coming at me with "not being black."

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
You're a troll.

You don't even know what it's like to go downstairs and get some BBQ ribs and go next door to munch on some doubles. You will probably google yourself into that last part, but afrocan Americans in NY alone are not authors of hip hop

And you're a fool.

Jamaicans started hip hop? Disco came from salsa? please be quiet. I might have to ban yo ass from listening to our music FRFR

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
1. People were questioning the blackness of light skinned Black Americans.
2. Malcolm X was brought up so those certain "Posters" wouldn't accuse me of bashing Africans.(We all know who they are)
3. Crispy was used to refer to the ashy white hue of her hotep fanbase's skin texture. Nothing to do with skin color, it's skin texture.

1.) no, people were saying biracials arent black; which they arent.
2.) who cares what malcolm X brought, we not talking about malcolm x.
3.) nope, too late to run with the tariq defense. lupita isnt ashy and her skin texture appears near flawless. if its not about skin color, why'd you call @ModernFonzie a burnt crispy nikka? :mjpls: you cant be an unaccountable bytch forever

Last edited:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
What unique environment? Blacks were coming up from the south in large numbers in that era. In fact it was mostly AA back then, and as time went on AA moved out to more middle class areas such as Brooklyn, and queens. This was during white flight, and the neighborhoods started going down.
there was white flight and black middle class flight in other cities too. and most of the AA migration to NYC was before the 70s

_Anghellic_

Tia Mowry Bandwagon
Daps
Reppin
The Dirty South
Of course Malcolm x dissed him his momma was a half breed.

And black Americans got some shytty standards.
A lot of Black Americans got half breed moms, and half breeds like Frederick Douglas and Booker T Washington handed the baton to Malcolm X to get Black Americans and every other minority rights here including that ungrateful African(Not the only one) Malcolm went in on. Your point?