Latino magazine mad over Empire ask: "Where are the Latinos?"

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Still waiting on y'all "Hotep 100% black/Back to Africa" nikkas on The Coli to refute Malcolm X's statement on Africans sitting on the sidelines during the Civil Rights Movement and distancing themselves from Black Americans to look good for whitey(which they still do to this very day.)
still waiting on your response to Malcolm being part Grenadian and basically saying blacks in the Western Hemisphere are c00ns

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The premise of the DJ and an MC chatting is based off of reggae. Bottom line, this city was a place with there was a meshing
Wrong. I'm not coming at you but this lie has been going on for too long, its time for the truth to come out.

The only reason why you have a DJ and mc, is because the DJ needed someone to make announcements, and help carry records. All types of DJs did this. The truth is it came from DISCO DJS, not reggae. We know rapm did not come form reggae or the west indies because you can't find a song prior to the late 70's where someone is rapping. While in the states rapping was not out of the norm. Pig meat Markham had a hit with "here comes the judge" and that was in the 60's.

Again rap music came from DISCO. THE SOUND SYSTEMS, THE STYLE OF RAPPING, THE DRESSING, AND LOVE OF DANCING, ALL DISCO. LOOK AT THE EARY RAPPERS NAMES, THEY HAD DISCO IN THEM.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Yes.

You think its a coincidence that hip hop developed during a wave of immigration from the Caribbean and migration from the South to New York City? Again, explain why hip hop culture (not rapping) didn't develop in the South. The South has and has always had the majority of African Americans
These guys will never understand the marriage of different people from the Diaspora that existed in New York to create hip-hop.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes.

You think its a coincidence that hip hop developed during a wave of immigration from the Caribbean and migration from the South to New York City? Again, explain why hip hop culture (not rapping) didn't develop in the South. The South has and has always had the majority of African Americans
Read my last post. Rapping was being done by southerners, I.e. pigmeat Markham.

Tae

All Star
Daps
:coffee: If this had been a list of the 10 hottest Latinas not one black woman would've been on the list and The Coli would've been :noah: there would've been no talk about how c00ned out many Latinos are, and the minute someone would try to mention it some breh spouting: can't we just enjoy the mami's without talking about race" would sound off. Once again proving why no one should take The Coli brehs seriously about anything race related. You all are about black power until a PAWG, PAAG, or PAHG comes by then it's :mjpls:

_Anghellic_

Tia Mowry Bandwagon
Daps
Reppin
The Dirty South
still waiting on your response to Malcolm being part Grenadian and basically saying blacks in the Western Hemisphere are c00ns
I didn't notice it, post it again. Even so wtf that has to do with Malcolm calling out Africans on their bullshyt? Which people do on this board all the time, but the Africans who post here accusing them of "Bashing Africans."

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Still waiting on y'all "Hotep 100% black/Back to Africa" nikkas on The Coli to refute Malcolm X's statement on Africans sitting on the sidelines during the Civil Rights Movement and distancing themselves from Black Americans to look good for whitey(which they still do to this very day.)
stop propping someone else to defend your own points. no one here is a hotep back to africa dude, and none of us have mentioned malcolm x except you. this is about you calling lupita cripsy.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
i dont agree with west indies founding hiphop :yeshrug:
thats not what i said. but west indians have made a huge impact in the founding of hip hop. the South Bronx was mostly people of Caribbean descent (if you include the Puerto Ricans) then. there are a lot of factors in hip hop's creation. but explain why is was only after large scale immigration from the Caribbean that hip hop developed when AAs have been rapping for centuries? also, if you take away the contributions of Caribbean Hispanics and Franco-/Anglo-phone West Indians since the beginning of hip ho, hip hop wouldn't be where it is

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
No. Hip hop was happening before Kool Herc even thought about djing. I'm fact most of the people who influenced herc were AA either directly from the south or family was from there.

Do you know the history of hip hop?

Breh these dudes have no clue.

Dev2103

All Star
Daps

Some africans do tend to do that i couldnt name any that were integral in the movement off the top of my head But people stokely carmichael and harry belanfonte were on the front line

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Wrong. I'm not coming at you but this lie has been going on for too long, its time for the truth to come out.

The only reason why you have a DJ and mc, is because the DJ needed someone to make announcements, and help carry records. All types of DJs did this. The truth is it came from DISCO DJS, not reggae. We know rapm did not come form reggae or the west indies because you can't find a song prior to the late 70's where someone is rapping. While in the states rapping was not out of the norm. Pig meat Markham had a hit with "here comes the judge" and that was in the 60's.

Again rap music came from DISCO. THE SOUND SYSTEMS, THE STYLE OF RAPPING, THE DRESSING, AND LOVE OF DANCING, ALL DISCO. LOOK AT THE EARY RAPPERS NAMES, THEY HAD DISCO IN THEM.
And even disco and its origins are tied to the marriage of funk and salsa.

Regardless of what you say, it is the marriage of many from the African Diaspora that created hip-hop. Bottom line, Puerto Ricans were always attached to the African Diaspoa more than other Latin groups.

TV

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm sure Empire Records has a Reggaeton artist on their label.