Las Vegas brehs.... How is it living in Vegas?

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Live in north Las Vegas from 2018 - 2019.

Was suburban bliss for me. I wouldn’t move there if I was single / trying to start a life…. But it was cool for me and the fam.
How’s the real estate? How much for a 3-4 bedroom house?

trapnerd

All Star
Daps
How’s the real estate? How much for a 3-4 bedroom house?

before covid - it was relatively cheap. But that’s most places.

The 3 bedroom we lived in was ~ 280. Now houses in the same neighborhood are going anywhere from 450-600.

If I would have stayed with my ex, probably would have bought something out there. Could have had a quick come up.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
Live in summerlin, but the first year I lived in paradise, and coming from a small town, I have to say it was a fish out of water experience. Pros: it's a 24 hour city, so something is always open. Never boring, no state tax. Cons: You can really see the wealth disparity, especially the further east you head (ex. the homeless tunnels and the fact that the strip is surrounded by shytty apartments/homeless people). Fremont is cool, but that area is a homeless nightmare. weed, while legal, is fukking expensive here. The ways people/governement find to milk money out of you is ridiculous.

Overall I don't regret moving here, but I kind of can't wait to move to either colorado or washington state soon.

Man you ain't lying...if you in East Vegas, North Vegas on an alphabet lettered street, or East Henderson you will be unable to distinguish where you're at from a 3rd world city. What makes it worse is that you will be in one of the most run down looking blocks with dilapidated buildings, empty lots, homeless, trash everywhere and In the background you can see the Stratosphere...it's like the most fukked up shyt I have ever experienced.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man you ain't lying...if you in East Vegas, North Vegas on an alphabet lettered street, or East Henderson you will be unable to distinguish where you're at from a 3rd world city. What makes it worse is that you will be in one of the most run down looking blocks with dilapidated buildings, empty lots, homeless, trash everywhere and In the background you can see the Stratosphere...it's like the most fukked up shyt I have ever experienced.
That bad? Like skid row? I’ve heard of the mole people, I feel sorry for them

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
That bad? Like skid row? I’ve heard of the mole people, I feel sorry for them

Look at this video....I timestamped it to a place called Foremaster Ln but if you skip to the beginning you'll see how horrible it is. Foremaster Ln. looks like the set of The Walking Dead, a lot of places in North Las Vegas look straight up off the set of Mad Max.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
@itsyoung!! can you chime in here

I have been to Vegas plenty of times. A couple times for vacay. Mostly I used to work the NBA summer league and would be there for two weeks each summer I ALWAYS had a great time as a tourist and a work visitor. Despite being there probably over 3 dozen times I have zero idea as how it would be to actually live there

Vegas does a good job of separating tourist and local shyt

Because the actual good local stuff is a good 15-20 minutes off the strip, just far enough that its drive able for the work force but also far enough that tourists dont want to stray too far from the strip.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC

Here's one more...it's timestamped but focus on 0:45 that area looks like shyt on camera but it still doesn't do it justice as you can't get proper depth, perspective and scale. All the small houses and stuff on the camera are all really 9' - 10' tall so you really feel like you're surrounded by blight and decay. On those vacant lots you'll see wild dogs, homeless people making fires in trash cans...it's just really dusty and nasty.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
Here's one more...it's timestamped but focus on 0:45 that area looks like shyt on camera but it still doesn't do it justice as you can't get proper depth, perspective and scale. All the small houses and stuff on the camera are all really 9' - 10' tall so you really feel like you're surrounded by blight and decay. On those vacant lots you'll see wild dogs, homeless people making fires in trash cans...it's just really dusty and nasty.

What’s different from Nellis and Owens from any hood in other cities? Every metro has rough parts

focusloco

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NORTH LAS VEGAS

Man I was born and raised a few blocks from where homie was filming...my fam goes back 5 generations in Vegas ...hope that dude is successful with his music... Vegas never really had any rappers blow up like that