Larenz Tate: "Hollywood Finds More Value In Black British Actors; Theres a Decline In Black American Actors Getting Work!"

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The real problem is that British actors are classically trained at the top acting schools in the world, and the modern young American actors aren't. Spider-Man, arguably the quintessential American superhero, is played by a British dude. Batman, another quintessential American character, is also played by a British dude.

Brehs can complain and make it a race issue when the reality is these British actors are walking into auditions and blowing Americans out the water. Flip side you know of an African American actor who was classically trained in the US, is great, and has had massive success? Yup...Jonathan Majors lol. That's the path more black Americans need to take, versus the current lane of untrained or half trained brehs getting TV jobs because they're handsome and fading out after a few years.

This is it. Dudes in here complaining but when you look up the backgrounds of some of the greatest American black actors, they are almost ALL classically trained.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Black Brits are viewed as a higher class.

Probably because of the accent when they get interviewed.

They also don't have the history of this country replaying in their head when interacting with people over here.

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
*Hollywood is in love with the UK and all things British so there's a decline in BA actors.
That's just people in general, both in the US and in many other countries. I have a slight british accent (used to be stronger) from living in the UK for a decent while and I see the difference it makes when I start speaking as opposed to not saying anything.

All the other stuff about the actors' backgrounds and perception of such plays a strong part as well.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:

This the shyt I’m talking about. One British cat does a good job and they get mad overrated as a whole, as if American blacks have never had outstanding and even iconic roles in American cinema. shyt, Damson was even overacting at times in this when it wasn’t called for. He still did a good job tho.

This is true,but that show was succesful on the back of his performance. But it also allowed us to see the rest of the cast who are all new and upcoming actors(all american). And many people acknowledge the iconic role and performance of other actors on that show.

Seems like a win win. I will acknowledge this narrative that black americans just forgot how to act is harmful. And can effect perception in hollywood. It looks like black american actors,maybe arent being hired for the right reasons? Getting hired for twitter followers and our looks,doesnt help stop the narrative.

KingsOfKings

𝕄𝕒𝕕𝕝𝕚𝕓 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒𝕥
Daps
The real problem is that British actors are classically trained at the top acting schools in the world, and the modern young American actors aren't. Spider-Man, arguably the quintessential American superhero, is played by a British dude. Batman, another quintessential American character, is also played by a British dude.

Brehs can complain and make it a race issue when the reality is these British actors are walking into auditions and blowing Americans out the water. Flip side you know of an African American actor who was classically trained in the US, is great, and has had massive success? Yup...Jonathan Majors lol. That's the path more black Americans need to take, versus the current lane of untrained or half trained brehs getting TV jobs because they're handsome and fading out after a few years.
📌📌📌📌📌

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
I watched Snowfall. They’re more talented as whole. I’m saying that as a proud Black American. There’s other examples too.

16820090912802.jpg

I don’t know how they’re training these nikkas in those British acting schools, but their work speaks for itself. That being said, my favorite actors/actresses are Black American.
His Los Angeles accent was trash