Larenz Tate: "Hollywood Finds More Value In Black British Actors; Theres a Decline In Black American Actors Getting Work!"

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I watched Snowfall. They’re more talented as whole. I’m saying that as a proud Black American. There’s other examples too.

16820090912802.jpg

I don’t know how they’re training these nikkas in those British acting schools, but their work speaks for itself. That being said, my favorite actors/actresses are Black American.
c00n.

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
British actors (black and white) typically have more experience and better training than American actors. Don’t know if it’s true, but It was pointed out in an article that we overvalue superficial things like looks at the expense of skills in the U.S.

We need to bring back the arts in school and community theaters where actors can receive training and experience.

The real problem is that British actors are classically trained at the top acting schools in the world, and the modern young American actors aren't. Spider-Man, arguably the quintessential American superhero, is played by a British dude. Batman, another quintessential American character, is also played by a British dude.

Brehs can complain and make it a race issue when the reality is these British actors are walking into auditions and blowing Americans out the water. Flip side you know of an African American actor who was classically trained in the US, is great, and has had massive success? Yup...Jonathan Majors lol. That's the path more black Americans need to take, versus the current lane of untrained or half trained brehs getting TV jobs because they're handsome and fading out after a few years.

I know most wont listen because of content creator but Wood Harris Spoke in depth about this 6 years ago, saying they are better and why, how they are classically trained with Shakespeare from day one, poetry in their life and the connection to Africa is different in Europe than America (It was just his theory having worked with them). Getting truthful history and gaining a pride in that compared to lies and thinking only born a slave history.

We also see the culture of how Michael B. Jordan was treated in school, being an actor and people calling him lame for having headshots, lol.. You think that is gonna encourage other young black kids to learn poetry and or learn the classics. :francis: cant have it both ways really.

This interview had gems at the time that still stick with me, this was definitely one of clips, relates directly to this also.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I watched Snowfall. They’re more talented as whole. I’m saying that as a proud Black American. There’s other examples too.

16820090912802.jpg

I don’t know how they’re training these nikkas in those British acting schools, but their work speaks for itself. That being said, my favorite actors/actresses are Black American.

:mjlol:

This the shyt I’m talking about. One British cat does a good job and they get mad overrated as a whole, as if American blacks have never had outstanding and even iconic roles in American cinema. shyt, Damson was even overacting at times in this when it wasn’t called for. He still did a good job tho.

TallMan_J

Retired from TheColi
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Retired
:mjlol:

This the shyt I’m talking about. One British cat does a good job and they get mad overrated as a whole, as if American blacks have never had outstanding and even iconic roles in American cinema. shyt, Damson was even overacting at times in this when it wasn’t called for. He still did a good job tho.

That’s just my opinion and 2 Cents.
:yeshrug:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
The real problem is that British actors are classically trained at the top acting schools in the world, and the modern young American actors aren't. Spider-Man, arguably the quintessential American superhero, is played by a British dude. Batman, another quintessential American character, is also played by a British dude.

Brehs can complain and make it a race issue when the reality is these British actors are walking into auditions and blowing Americans out the water. Flip side you know of an African American actor who was classically trained in the US, is great, and has had massive success? Yup...Jonathan Majors lol. That's the path more black Americans need to take, versus the current lane of untrained or half trained brehs getting TV jobs because they're handsome and fading out after a few years.
I feel like the only accent British actors have to learn to master is an American one. Meanwhile American actors gotta have perfect dialect in all different regions or they get called out for it. I Def think there's a double standard even tho I feel what u saying in general.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
why, how they are classically trained with Shakespeare from day one, poetry in their life and the connection to Africa is different in Europe than America (It was just his theory

I would ask him to go more into detail about this because Hollywood makes money off of movies, not plays. Doing theater can possibly make you a better actor, but not necessarily a better actor for most movie roles.

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
British actors (black and white) typically have more experience and better training than American actors. Don’t know if it’s true, but It was pointed out in an article that we overvalue superficial things like looks at the expense of skills in the U.S.

We need to bring back the arts in school and community theaters where actors can receive training and experience.

The usual suspects absolutely refuse to understand this. The UK has their kids doing the arts from age 5, acting in particular(much less focus on music) at every level, all through university and even after. Literature, the classics, poetry, voice and accent coaching, you name it. That produces results. The US has been systematically killing the arts in schools since the 80s. Off Broadway plays struggle to find funding.

It's the same thing that has students coming here and pretty much breezing through college for the first 1-2 years, from the Caribbean to West Africa to India to the damned Hong Kong Chinese. That British system of education is not to be underestimated. Everything from Form 4 through Form 6 is a different beast entirely, and nobody's handing out gold stars for the minimum.

Not everything is some conspiracy. You're going to want to get out of your own head and learn.

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
if it wasnt for American tv shows and movies..where would these brothas go to find work?
Lets face it..there is more work,recognition and money here
Damn near all good foreign actors end up moving to America for work
For every 1 black British actor there are 20 white ones stealing roles from Americans
It is what it is