Lamar Jackson is the MVP

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
We can start the conversation now. Is Lamar Jackson the best Black QB in NFL history? I would say either Randall Cunningham or Warren Moon are the best but Lamar is right up there.

I am not sold on the overral level of qbing in todays nfl.

Cunningham, Moon or McNabb would be consensus top 3 nfl qbs in todays game

Daps
I am not sold on the overral level of qbing in todays nfl.

Cunningham, Moon or McNabb would be consensus top 3 nfl qbs in todays game
Moon? Yeah, Cunningham? Maybe Mcnabb would literally be Dak Prescott and people would be dogging him out the same way they use to dog Mcnabb out. It's wild to see how much respect Mcnabb finally got AFTER he stopped playing

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Moon? Yeah, Cunningham? Maybe Mcnabb would literally be Dak Prescott and people would be dogging him out the same way they use to dog Mcnabb out. It's wild to see how much respect Mcnabb finally got AFTER he stopped playing

Lets not disrespect McNabb here.

He never had a set of wrs even close to what Dak has had. And when he had TO he went to the sb.

If TO wasnt a neurotic, they would have very well collected a chip or two.

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is it an "eye test" MVP if he has similar numbers to the stats MVP??????? :heh:

We have a whole ass graphic showing that stats are pretty similar across the board except one player doesn't have all pros all over his fukking offense
I didn't mean it as a slight. My "eyes" tell me that he's the best player on the field regardless of production. Im just comparing his numbers to his MVP year of 2019 which were astronomical

Daps
I didn't mean it as a slight. My "eyes" tell me that he's the best player on the field regardless of production. Im just comparing his numbers to his MVP year of 2019 which were astronomical
Different NFL, I keep pointing out to the people this has happened time and time again in the NFL where offenses innovate and defenses eventually catch up. We've just finally reached that point again. Tom brady's entire career kind of shows that.

Daps
Lets not disrespect McNabb here.

He never had a set of wrs even close to what Dak has had. And when he had TO he went to the sb.

If TO wasnt a neurotic, they would have very well collected a chip or two.
Calling Mcnabb modern day Dak isn't disrespectful. Dak is like a really really good QB :heh:

Dak has also never had a WR as good as prime TO

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
Two MVP's in your first 6 years is something only 5 other people have done. One is Mahomes :yeshrug:

It's not a crazy statement

It's actually a ridiculous statement. Going by the eye test alone they're not on the same planet as QBs. But the stats make it worse.

Stats from their MVP years

Mahomes 50 tds 12 ints, 41 tds 12 ints>Lamar 36 tds 6 ints, 24 tds and 7 ints.

Mahomes is 11-3 in the playoffs>Lamar 1-3

Mahomes 30,366 total yards>Lamar 21,145 total yards

Mahomes carrer passer rating 103.7>Lamar

Mahomes 296 ypg>Lamar 184 ypg

Mahomes carrer TD to INT 219-63>Lamar 125-45

Mahomes 3x all pro and 5 time pro bowl>Lamar 1x all pro and 3 times pro bowl

I would keep going but there's no need.