Lamar Jackson is the MVP

Daps
It's actually a ridiculous statement. Going by the eye test alone they're not on the same planet as QBs. But the stats make it worse.

Stats from their MVP years

Mahomes 50 tds 12 ints, 41 tds 12 ints>Lamar 36 tds 6 ints, 24 tds and 7 ints.

Mahomes is 11-3 in the playoffs>Lamar 1-3

Mahomes 30,366 total yards>Lamar 21,145 total yards

Mahomes carrer passer rating 103.7>Lamar

Mahomes 296 ypg>Lamar 184 ypg

Mahomes carrer TD to INT 219-63>Lamar 125-45

Mahomes 3x all pro and 5 time pro bowl>Lamar 1x all pro and 3 times pro bowl

I would keep going but there's no need.
Ok I don’t care and it’s my opinion , and I’ll be sticking to it:yeshrug:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
It's actually a ridiculous statement. Going by the eye test alone they're not on the same planet as QBs. But the stats make it worse.

Stats from their MVP years

Mahomes 50 tds 12 ints, 41 tds 12 ints>Lamar 36 tds 6 ints, 24 tds and 7 ints.

Mahomes is 11-3 in the playoffs>Lamar 1-3

Mahomes 30,366 total yards>Lamar 21,145 total yards

Mahomes carrer passer rating 103.7>Lamar

Mahomes 296 ypg>Lamar 184 ypg

Mahomes carrer TD to INT 219-63>Lamar 125-45

Mahomes 3x all pro and 5 time pro bowl>Lamar 1x all pro and 3 times pro bowl

I would keep going but there's no need.
Cant just discount the 1200 yards rushing in Lamar's MVP year.

Mahomes is still top dog for sure. However, there's a case to be made if you swap out Hollywood Brown for Prime Antonio Brown it would be a lil more fair comp. He got to grow some elite offensive weapons. Even Andrews as good he is isnt the same level of YAC getting like Kelce.

I think for the good of the league it would be great if Lamar becomes a legit rival year in and year out.

I think the Bills getting Diggs + the heavy use of Allen getting TD runs has helped him seem closer to a rival of Mahomes despite the lack of awards, etc.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I'm not interested in arguing the point myself, but I feel like the fairest way to look at Lamar vs Mahomes would be whatever year you feel like Mahomes had the worst core around him, other than this year. The shyt they got this season is abominable, and Kelce is basically finished. But that second worst year, that's pretty much what Lamar had around him most seasons. Id probably think it was actually last year, but NFL diehards may know better

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Did you watch that game lol?

Q1Qyk0.gif

Only thing that concerns me in the playoffs is if the weather gets poor and they have those drop issues again.

• Dap
Reactions: Ros

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
What's your point?

I said two things:

This isn't a stats-based award, and his stats aren't all that impressive. Both can be true.

Do you think Lamar is winning this for his passing #s? All I'm saying is, that posting Purdy's stats to make a case for him is a waste of time.
My point is that saying "Purdys stats aren't even good enough to be hyping like that" when he has arguably the best stats of any QB is ridiculous. If his stats aren't good enough then no one's are. Lamar is winning for a myriad of reasons, stats included, like every other MVP. If Lamar had 1000 less passing yards and 15 less passing TDs he wouldn't be MVP. Stats aren't the only factor but they're a necessary one.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
My point is that saying "Purdys stats aren't even good enough to be hyping like that" when he has arguably the best stats of any QB is ridiculous. If his stats aren't good enough then no one's are. Lamar is winning for a myriad of reasons, stats included, like every other MVP. If Lamar had 1000 less passing yards and 15 less passing TDs he wouldn't be MVP. Stats aren't the only factor but they're a necessary one.

I said his stats aren't good enough to be hyping, not that they aren't good enough to win MVP. (in a down year for QBs you can win MVP with meh stats)

Lamar Jackson's stats aren't good enough to be hyping either.

MVP QBs typically put up better numbers than both of them.

Lamar is winning off his team being the #1 seed and the H2H wins vs 49ers and Dolphins. Dude has 29 total touchdowns, that is not strong and neither are Purdy's numbers. No point in debating stats.

If Purdy had 1000 more yards and 12 more passing TDs, he'd basically have Mahomes' numbers from last year and would probably win the MVP despite losing to LJ.

Last edited:

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Week 19 – Lamar JacksonLet’s Go! with Tom Brady, Larry Fitzgerald and Jim Gray

Tom and Jim discuss the season coming to an end for some teams as others get ready for the playoffs. Then, Lamar Jackson of the Baltimore Ravens joins to talk about his goal of winning a Super Bowl, his relationship with Coach Harbaugh, how he’s going to handle his off week, and the moment from his younger days watching Tom Brady that he’ll never forget.

premier58

All Star
Daps
Different NFL, I keep pointing out to the people this has happened time and time again in the NFL where offenses innovate and defenses eventually catch up. We've just finally reached that point again. Tom brady's entire career kind of shows that.
This is overstated..the NFL in 2023, is not much different than it was in 2019. There were 10 4000 yard passers this year!! Compare that to 2007 vs 2011. Or 2008 to 2012.