Ladies which do you prefer, dark skinned guys or redbone/lightskinned guys?

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
Let me simplify the point: Black men's preference for lighter skin could be explained by a racial hierarchy that has been in place and currently burdens Blacks today. What system is set up to maintain a height hierarchy that a preference for height could ever possibly be put in the same category?

Uhhh, does "Tall, dark, and handsome" ring a bell? And how many short leaders or men in power besides Napoleon (who has been historically ridiculed for being short and angry) do you know of? Be real, all other things being equal, a woman would pick a tall dude over a shorty every time :youngsabo:

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Wow alot of ignorance in this thread..calling light skinned guys c00ns...malcolm, Ali, Farakhan, Obama, are the most rebellious blacks and they're light skinned..but lets examine the real c00ns..the darkies who try to get in rub shoulders with the white man..hoping that the white man will see him as equal..sorry darkie..u jus got ya hood pass revoked by a real light skinned nikka like me..
U talk about ignorance then u just posted the most ignorant shyt

Last edited:

Spoonz

Just Wild
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
West Virginia
Racial hierarchy, or color-ism?

And no, I got exactly what your post said. It was a sweeping generalization attempting to explain why a black man might prefer a fair skinned women (not that they're just attracted to them, or anything.) One could easily counter with another generalization and say most men and women who 'claim' to prefer dark skinned partners are actually doing so in order to avoid criticism to appear 'different' and to not disillusioned by this foreboding racial hierarchy in place. Because who exactly can find Kelly Rowland more attractive than Beyonce? :troll: Oh, wait.

And your talking point concerning height and skin tone was inherently false. It shouldn't have to be explained. Height-ism is no different than color-ism. If you claim to only desire men of a certain stature, then you are practicing height-ism. If you claim to prefer women or men of a certain color, then you are practicing color-ism. One is simply accepted and the other is regarded as taboo...(unless, of course, the color you prefer is dark skin. :whoa:)

History?

rwibyx.jpg

Funny, because throughout history humans have always gravitated towards men who were tall and women who were fair in skin color. Mentioning history and 'current biases' doesn't help the argument you're attempting to make. At all.

The difference is when people worship light skin...they're basically saying the closer to white you look the better. Something that basically white supremacy taught nikkas. You don't see a problem with that? It's obviously not just about what they're attracted to, there's more to it than that.
It's not something that can be compared to "height-ism"

Daps
The difference is when people worship light skin...they're basically saying the closer to white you look the better. Something that basically white supremacy taught nikkas. You don't see a problem with that? It's obviously not just about what they're attracted to, there's more to it than that.
It's not something that can be compared to "height-ism"

The problem with this is almost nobody actually worships light skinned women. For most it's just a preference, and bad dark skin women get their due. That is comparable to women and their height preference.

For the for the very few that do worship light skin women, obviously that's rooted in racism.

Phoenix_Knightly23

Out of TLR and into the light :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
I'm not a fan of light skinned dudes. As of late i've noticed a disturbing trend in their behaviors that have turned me all the way off of these piss colored fakkits.

Brown Skinned- Dark skinned >>>>>>

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
but you said that black mens preferences are based on racial hierarchy. Why can't we just have our own personal arbitrary likes? Are you suggesting it is subconsciously ingrained in our brains and we don't know it?

:ohhh:
let's keep it 100 a sizeable number of brothas who like yellow and red chicks go overboard with it and subconsciously/purposely shyt on darker skinned chicks, black men who prefer darker chicks do not seem to engage in light skin bashing nearly as much

flusterose

dat dere chocolate
Daps
Reppin
Black Gay Capital
So to the ladies that don't like light skinned guys, why is it so?
i dunno. there's something about a tall, dark and handsome chocolate man that makes me drop my panties. i cant help it.

I have nothing against light skin men. In fact, I do find them attractive, I'm just typically attracted to men who are darker than me.
same here.

women don't like light skinned nikkas now because the "soft" stereotype killed their demand...and you know if the demand ain't there then women will lose interest
what? ive never heard of that...

I'm not a fan of light skinned dudes. As of late i've noticed a disturbing trend in their behaviors that have turned me all the way off of these piss colored fakkits.

Brown Skinned- Dark skinned >>>>>>
omg what happened PM me if you must!!!