Ladies which do you prefer, dark skinned guys or redbone/lightskinned guys?

YouLoveMe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Whatever the hell her recent complexion is. I don't know anything about some supposed bleaching.

She bleached her damn skin, whore. You didn't know? It's so obvious considering that she was much darker back then. Including Nicki Minaj.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Black men's general preference for lighter skin women is based on a system of racial hierarchy they have bought into.

Couldn't be that they just prefer light skin women, right? Anyone of color has a preference for light skin, then they're brainwashed c00ns. Anyone has a preference for dark skinned individuals, we're raising fists and screaming black power. :dead: I've seen comments in this thread and others championing dark skin women that would result in this thread being sent to the race track if they were made about light skin women.

The insecurity and double standard is comical.

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She bleached her damn skin, whore. You didn't know? It's so obvious considering that she was much darker back then. Including Nicki Minaj.

Look, you waste of perfectly swallowable sperm, it's not clear she bleaches, it's clear she gets darker in the summer which is what happens to a lot of women during that time of the year including myself. We also get lighter during the fall and winter seasons. No bleaching needed.

YouLoveMe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Look, you waste of perfectly swallowable sperm, it's not clear she bleaches, it's clear she gets darker in the summer which is what happens to a lot of women during that time of the year including myself. We also get lighter during the fall and winter seasons. No bleaching needed.

Stan?

That sperm line got me.

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
Couldn't be that they just prefer light skin women, right? Anyone of color has a preference for light skin, then they're brainwashed c00ns. Anyone has a preference for dark skinned individuals, we're raising fists and screaming black power. :dead: I've seen comments in this thread and others championing dark skin women that would result in this thread being sent to the race track if they were made about light skin women.

Black feminist are delusional as fukk

I think they borderline hate black men, real talk.

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Except my post didn't say that. I was explaining how skin color 'preference' and height preference are clearly not in the same category due to a racial hierarchy that has been in practice for, oh I don't know, several hundreds of years. A similar what you would call preference, falls into that racial hierarchy that also makes some 'prefer' slimmer, keener features.

No one is personally accusing you of anything. You can prefer light skin women in peace, you shouldn't get mad at someone just because they bring up history/current biases and it has implications you might not be comfortable applying to yourself. I'm just responding to someone who responded to me.

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
Except my post didn't say that. I was explaining how skin color 'preference' and height preference are clearly not in the same category due to a racial hierarchy that has been in practice for, oh I don't know, several hundreds of years. A similar what you would call preference, falls into that racial hierarchy that also makes some 'prefer' slimmer, keener features.

No one is personally accusing you of anything. You can have prefer light skin women in peace, you shouldn't get mad at someone just because history and it has implications you might not be comfortable applying to yourself. I'm just responding to someone who responded to me.
but you said that black mens preferences are based on racial hierarchy. Why can't we just have our own personal arbitrary likes? Are you suggesting it is subconsciously ingrained in our brains and we don't know it?

:ohhh:

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
but you said that black mens preferences are based on racial hierarchy. Why can't we just have our own personal arbitrary likes? Are you suggesting it is subconsciously ingrained in our brains and we don't know it?

:ohhh:

Let me simplify the point: Black men's preference for lighter skin could be explained by a racial hierarchy that has been in place and currently burdens Blacks today. What system is set up to maintain a height hierarchy that a preference for height could ever possibly be put in the same category?

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
Let me simplify the point: Black men's preference for lighter skin could be explained by a racial hierarchy that has been in place and currently burdens Blacks today. What system is set up to maintain a height hierarchy that a preference for height could ever possibly be put in the same category?
you just changed your wording :usure: but its okay

agree to disagree

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Except my post didn't say that. I was explaining how skin color 'preference' and height preference are clearly not in the same category due to a racial hierarchy that has been in practice for, oh I don't know, several hundreds of years.

Racial hierarchy, or color-ism?

And no, I got exactly what your post said. It was a sweeping generalization attempting to explain why a black man might prefer a fair skinned women (not that they're just attracted to them, or anything.) One could easily counter with another generalization and say most men and women who 'claim' to prefer dark skinned partners are actually doing so in order to avoid criticism to appear 'different' and to not disillusioned by this foreboding racial hierarchy in place. Because who exactly can find Kelly Rowland more attractive than Beyonce? :troll: Oh, wait.

And your talking point concerning height and skin tone was inherently false. It shouldn't have to be explained. Height-ism is no different than color-ism. If you claim to only desire men of a certain stature, then you are practicing height-ism. If you claim to prefer women or men of a certain color, then you are practicing color-ism. One is simply accepted and the other is regarded as taboo...(unless, of course, the color you prefer is dark skin. :whoa:)

you shouldn't get mad at someone just because they bring up history/current biases and it has implications you might not be comfortable applying to yourself. I'm just responding to someone who responded to me.

History?

rwibyx.jpg

Funny, because throughout history humans have always gravitated towards men who were tall and women who were fair in skin color. Mentioning history and 'current biases' doesn't help the argument you're attempting to make. At all.