Ladies which do you prefer, dark skinned guys or redbone/lightskinned guys?

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I kind of trip over how light skinned women call light skinned men 'pee colored' but don't realize that they are the exact same color, so they are really insulting themselves as well. I don't see dark skinned women talking about, "girlll I don't like doo doo colored men!"

You mean brownie colored. Doo doo colored would be more like my complexion aka middle brown, but derogatory terms like that are whack in general. nikkas darker than me feeling comfortable calling dark skin women "darkie" :childplease:

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
Why is it "acceptable" and not frowned upon if a black chick says that she perfers darker skin brothas or "dark skin brothas are the finest" She will get NO flack!

But on the flip side, if a brotha puts up a post on facebook saying "I perfer light skin chicks" or if he said "light skin chicks are the finest." That nikka would be gettin called every c00n, self hater, color struck name in the book.

Why is that?. :usure:

What's interesting to me is that, in my experience, the most vocal people have been my light skinned girl friends (not the brown and dark ones). From what I've seen, it's also typically extra dark black men who are most vocal about their preference.

I'm not sure what you usually see though, but "I prefer ____ skin color" is almost always followed by. "___ skin toned people are ugly/manly/feminine/gay" etc. People very rarely state their preference without an insult to the people they don't prefer. I just find it funny that most of the people are insulting a person who are the same complexion.

However, if you have an issue with a woman stating her preference, you should call her out on it.

brookiecookie

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I find certain men attractive regardless of skin color... but I usually go for light skin guys, subconsciously. All my boyfriends had lighter skin. I always get made fun of by my mom cause I like them "Chris Brown" looking guys or they are soft or something. They gotta be pretty. Not fruity like the guy op posted :beli: they gotta be meaty and manly :noah:

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Now we have fukking idiots saying that preferring light skin is and no different than preferring a particular height LOL. Wow :snoop:

How is it diffrent people can't choose how tall they are.
And if you think short people man or woman are not held back from things you are wrong .
It's the samething

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
black race stay on this stupid shyt...for whatever reason, darkskin ppl have this jealousy of light skin ppl...always talking about tone...notice u never see light ppl talk about it

flusterose

dat dere chocolate
Daps
Reppin
Black Gay Capital
Still not the same. You're comparing apples and oranges. A short ass white dude will always have it better than a tall ass black man, even if he is light skin. It's white privilege and white supremacy, which trumps everything including height, weight, and even wealth.
:stopitslime: Speak for yourself....

black race stay on this stupid shyt...for whatever reason, darkskin ppl have this jealousy of light skin ppl...always talking about tone...notice u never see light ppl talk about it
actually, i see people of all skin tones talking about it.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Still not the same. You're comparing apples and oranges. A short ass white dude will always have it better than a tall ass black man, even if he is light skin. It's white privilege and white supremacy, which trumps everything including height, weight, and even wealth.

How many famous short white men do you see?
Hell short black men do better then short white men in the dating world

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
How is it diffrent people can't choose how tall they are.
And if you think short people man or woman are not held back from things you are wrong .
It's the samething

No they are not the same thing. A lot of black people who only fukk with lighter skinned girls/guys feel that way due to decades upon decades of psychological brainwashing through the media that has trained them to think black is only desirable if it's as close to white as possible. This isn't the case all the time, but it's a serious problem that has plagued blacks for ages. This is also the reason why blacks often reject their natural hair texture and deem it as "nappy" and "bad hair" because it isn't straight, curly, or wavy naturally. It's psychological warfare.

You can't compare something THAT deep to a preference for taller men. Most men are going to end up being larger, taller specimens than their female counterparts. Taller men are desired because it is standard. Women who aren't excessively tall are preferred because it is standard. You can't say being white is a standard because there are more Asian and Black people on this earth than white people. White people just make it seem like the standard because their game has always been about using their unethically acquired, superior resources to mentally, spiritually, and physically fukk with people who don't look like them.

Sure, you can say that technically height and skin color are both physical attributes that can't be helped, and therefore are the same type of issue, but that kind of surface level analysis is clearly irresponsible and inaccurate when you look deeper into it. Let's be real.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
No they are not the same thing. A lot of black people who only fukk with lighter skinned girls/guys feel that way due to decades upon decades of psychological brainwashing through the media that has trained them to think black is only desirable if it's as close to white as possible. This isn't the case all the time, but it's a serious problem that has plagued blacks for ages. This is also the reason why blacks often reject their natural hair texture and deem it as "nappy" and "bad hair" because it isn't straight, curly, or wavy naturally. It's psychological warfare.

You can't compare something THAT deep to a preference for taller men. Most men are going to end up being larger, taller specimens than their female counterparts. Taller men are desired because it is standard. Women who aren't excessively tall are preferred because it is standard. You can't say being white is a standard because there are more Asian and Black people on this earth than white people. White people just make it seem like the standard because their game has always been about using their resources to mentally, spiritually, and physically fukk with people who don't look like them.

Sure, you can say that technically height and skin color are both physical attributes that can't be helped, and therefore are the same type of issue, but that kind of surface level analysis is irresponsible and inaccurate when you look deeper into it. Let's be real.

A woman wanting a man taller then her is not the same thing as a woman just wanting a tall man.
most men are not even 6ft but most women's ideal man is 6'2. A woman can be physically attracted to a short man but won't date him Becasue her friends will clown her. They are the samething

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
A woman wanting a man taller then her is not the same thing as a woman just wanting a tall man.
most men are not even 6ft but most women's ideal man is 6'2. A woman can be physically attracted to a short man but won't date him Becasue her friends will clown her. They are the samething

It doesn't matter how many times you say they're the same thing. Reality and what you're saying in this case aren't synonymous.

Good job plucking out of your ass that a woman's ideal man is 6'2, by the way.

AntiHero

Long time lurker
Daps
This whole "dark skin=masculine" thing only works with black females.

You're going to have to be lightskinned if you want to pull some decent looking non-black chicks.

I've met several white and latinas who would only go for a black dude if he'd looked like the "redbone" op posted.