Ladies which do you prefer, dark skinned guys or redbone/lightskinned guys?

brookiecookie

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This whole "dark skin=masculine" thing only works with black females.

You're going to have to be lightskinned if you want to pull some decent looking non-black chicks.

I've met several white and latinas who would only go for a black dude if he'd looked like the "redbone" op posted.

not true at all. i've met white girls who only like dark men.

GZR

Final round
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
This whole "dark skin=masculine" thing only works with black females.

You're going to have to be lightskinned if you want to pull some decent looking non-black chicks.

I've met several white and latinas who would only go for a black dude if he'd looked like the "redbone" op posted.
This is accurate for the most part. It always cracks me up when some of my fellow dark skinned brehs claim that dark skinned black males are the white female's pinnacle of masculinity. A lot of non-black people are actually repulsed at the though of getting with us. Light skinned brehs represent the "safe black" to them and will get more play.

innocentdevil

:whoo:
Daps
Reppin
Cali
So to the ladies that don't like light skinned guys, why is it so?

Not as attractive to me...My father is dark skinned so I lean more to dark skinned guys.

My mother is light skinned so I can't knock another black man leaning towards light skin women...just don't put down darker complected women because you like lighter.

YouLoveMe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Not as attractive to me...My father is dark skinned so I lean more to dark skinned guys.

My mother is light skinned so I can't knock another black man leaning towards light skin women...just don't put down darker complected women because you like lighter.

You are a beautiful dark skin woman.

BruhMayne

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

:mindblown: Wouldnt you rather be attracted to someone who doesnt look like your father though

Any girl resembling a member of my fam is getting the automatic :camby:

innocentdevil

:whoo:
Daps
Reppin
Cali
:mindblown: Wouldnt you rather be attracted to someone who doesnt look like your father

Any girl resembling a member of my fam is getting the automatic :camby:

Look up the psychological link between who you are attracted to and your mother...its been proven

My father is the first man I have encountered...I think my father is a great example of who I should be with...so in turn I go for guys that have the same morals, and skin color as my father.

BruhMayne

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Look up the psychological link between who you are attracted to and your mother...its been proven

My father is the first man I have encountered...I think my father is a great example of who I should be with...so in turn I go for guys that have the same morals, and skin color as my father.
:ld:
Maybe its just me then. I lean towards darker women and moms could almost pass for white

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
:dead: dudes in here are furious....fact of the matter is most chicks don't want no half breed :manny:. Light skinned dudes are known to try too hard, hell look at the post in this thread :heh: ...got the light skin brigade in here arguing with themselves and with and the women who likes pure black, chocolate men.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
nikkas take other people opinion of them too damn serious. My skin is pretty fair by even lightskin standards and I've always found it funny how friends would joke about LS being out of style. I just laugh it off and do me because whether people think its true or not, I have yet to hit a unintentional dry spell.

Funny thing is I work with these two women in the main office and one is all Afrocentric and dark and the other is borderline ratchet and brown. Both would always joke about how they don't like LS guys. "They think they all that. They always cheating etc" and the most important one "Im just not into LS men"....2 days later, these same militant ass LS hating brawds ask me to come see The Call with them and ended up fukking 'em both St Patty's day weekend. Afroqueen tapped out first even and was the main one trying to be on some dating shyt afterwards. I had to hit her with ":mjpls:...what's that about not fukking with light brights?"

Moral is...women don't know what the fukk they want so I take the shyt they say with a grain of salt. If a woman doesn't like me because of my complexion then cool. I got other attractive attributes. I'm 6'2, fit, intelligent, funny and a bit of an a$$hole. If she not going then that's her loss of the dikk because there's another woman that'll push her ass out the way when I say FWMYKIGI.
:manny:

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
It doesn't matter how many times you say they're the same thing. Reality and what you're saying in this case aren't synonymous.

Good job plucking out of your ass that a woman's ideal man is 6'2, by the way.

A woman having a height preference is no different then a man having a skins tone Preference
Being tall has been promoted in Hollywood for years.

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Uhhh, does "Tall, dark, and handsome" ring a bell? And how many short leaders or men in power besides Napoleon (who has been historically ridiculed for being short and angry) do you know of? Be real, all other things being equal, a woman would pick a tall dude over a shorty every time :youngsabo:

Napoleon was average height for a Frenchman from that time period. Ghengis Khan was short. Julius Ceaser was average height, Hannibal could either be considered average or short. Most of the most famous leaders in history were average height or short. So your point doesn't actually work here. And even if the point you were making were accurate, are you saying there was some specific system that kept taller people in power? Do you have evidence of this?

Or are you trying to say that women's preference for taller men is inherent, by which saying the same, that men's preference for light skin, is something you consider naturally ingrained?

Racial hierarchy, or color-ism?

This two interact with each other. Others have already said it but I guess it bears a need to repeat. There is a reason darker skin Blacks were treated poorly by slave owners (field and house negro?) and even today face harsher sentences than lighter skin ones. It is about being closer to white, the ideal. If you can't even understand that fact this discussion is unlikely to go anywhere.

Funny, because throughout history humans have always gravitated towards men who were tall and women who were fair in skin color. Mentioning history and 'current biases' doesn't help the argument you're attempting to make. At all.

See post above about tallness for men. Also, a historical preference for women fair in color is wholly inaccurate. If you are speaking about reading the word 'fair' as a description in historical European literature, both male and female were 'fair'. It was a sign of being upper class. I am shocked no one tossed this nonsense on its head. What did men in Africa do all those centuries, pray tell? How miserable they must have been, to never have access to the universally preferred fair skinned woman until they were taken in boats in chains or had their land/wealth from their land divvied up by European colonizers.

As for the term "tall dark and handsome" that you mentioned somewhere in your post, that was coined relatively recently (in the early 1910s 20s) by white people and dark was used to describe hair color NOT skin color. And white people of all races display colorism (preference for light or dark) amongst themselves the least. Why did this universal preference for lighter skin in women skip over them? Could it have something to do with the fact that the racial hierarchy puts them at the top period, making colorism for the folks who aren't typically their color and must classify themselves as closer to it?

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
It's a trip how you just start noticing that certain blends end up together a lot of the time. For the most part, every time I see a light woman, she's with a dark dude. most of the black and asian mixed dudes I know ended up with a latina. me being that mixture myself, that's what I might end up with, or a brown to dark skin woman. I don't know why that is, but the majority of cats that were mixed with black and asian ended up dealing with a latina or occasionally a brown to darker skinned black woman. I got to get in where I fit in. I do the worst with light skinned females, even though there were some nice looking ones that liked me... but in general, they'll look to a darker skinned dude quicker than they'd look at me. Them "exotics" like indian, persian, etc. is another area where I'm a-ok at. It's just them light skinned women that I got to go above and beyond the normal for, which I ain't going to do.