LA is grimier than I thought

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LA always reminded me of Rio. Glitz and glamour next to struggling favelas. Two of the most unequal and contrasting cities in the world.
Except it'd be like having skid row in Malibu while the wealthy chill in Santa Monica.

Man yall are crazy. People overexaggerate shyt.

Yeah the talk about DTLA in particular is way overdone. Yeah, skid row is a shyt hole, but if you have an ounce of street sense you'll be fine. It ain't hard to figure out when you made a wrong turn out there.

I've been to Rio as well. Amazing city and it was a trip how opposite things are here compared to there where the poor are in the hills and the wealthy stay at ground level
Exactly.

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
:russ:There is no way that your ass has ever stepped foot in Chicago. You have clearly never been there even on a visit to be that uninformed about Chicago. :mjlol:

Let me help you out cuz. Chicago and New York are neck and neck on that big city shyt, NYC just has more people. Both cities are self contained. Neither of those cities are sprawling messes like Los Angeles. In that regard Los Angeles reminded me more of a southern city like Atlanta, Orlando, Houston or Memphis because they all have a bunch of suburban sprawl.
I've been to Chicago as a kid to visit relatives.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
If you live in upper Darby I guarantee you will not get a pass claiming Philly.

I also know for a fact Maryland dudes don’t get a pass claiming DC either
I misunderstood your post. Yeah, even tho DC tries to claim KD he considers himself Pg County, and it’s probably because he was called a Pg bamma as a kid.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
LA was dope but some parts were definitely dirtier than I expected.

I was all up through el segundo, rosecrans, Crenshaw/slawson, PCH, visited beaches etc

All the beaches I went too were cool vibes. Venice was definitely the grimiest. Hermosa was the chillest. Redonda seems like it was for families.

Down town Long Beach was cool. Hit a rooftop bar and an underground bar. Lot of homeless people but that’s just part for the course.

went to a party near the walk of fame and I could believe how grimey it was. I didn’t even recognize were I was till I looked down and saw the stars.

stopped by nip store near Vonns and t mobile but the shyt was gated off :francis:

Rode by staples and some parts of DTLA but I mustved missed skid row.

I loved LA, I reminisce on it often.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
that's LA whether it's a suburb or not:mjlol:

Damn near every city's suburb in the US is an integral part of the actual city. New York is really the only city where it's basically it's own thing
Yup. When people b]say NYC they mean the five boroughs, not Long Island, not Yonkers, not North Jersey. But every other city, it's the whole metropolitan area.

Like Atlanta for instance is a pretty small city overall, but when people talk about ATL they mean all of Fulton County and anywhere off 285.

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
The suburbs are an integral part of DC.

same with Philly

As for this thread, LA is a gross city. I was stunned at how gross Hollywood Boulevard was.

The further you go away from Hollywood and downtown, the nicer the city is.

They will turn it into a war zone and “clean” it up for the 2028 Olympics.
They "cleaned up" the city for the 1984 Olympics and it's still pretty dusty.

Biblical Goon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man… it’s true. I live in Inglewood, some parts are beautiful but other parts are just absolutely filthy. I remember taking the the train from la brea and Jefferson to DTLA and I went up the wrong stairs apparently but it was completely filled with human shyt and trash. shyt ruined my day. But the amount of mentally ill and unstable people walking around literally everywhere in LA is quite disturbing but people here are unbothered & don’t think anything of it. It’s hard to describe how bad it is if you haven’t been here or spent time here.

Ahmen

Live as if BLM
Daps
It the homeless breh. Shyt is crazy now. Democrats don't know how to handle it. U wont see that shyt in Orange County. At least not as bad. U not just gonna build a cardboard house on Huntington Beach.
There is no political will to force reasonable mandates and too many people are eating well at the homelessness industrial complex trough.

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
In my experience, east of the 110 is the grimiest part of LA, especially off of Central. It's trippy crossing under the 110, the street that runs parallel to the freeway on the westside (Flower Street) is relatively spotless while the street that runs parallel to the freeway on the east side (Grand Ave) is a full-blown homeless camp :picard: Both sides are the hood lol but the east side definitely feels less gentrified and less clean in general, lowkey Skid Row doesn't really cross Broadway even in South Central.

I ended up google mapping the 110 to see if my memory was correct and it actually is, to the point that on crossings beneath the 110, homeless camps that start in the east side do not pass onto the westside at all.

Eastside...

51497153813_644a54cb17_c.jpg

Westside...

51496143472_dee00ebd2b_c.jpg

and I looked at another crossing point to be sure it wasn't just this one.

51497857715_d47a071733_c.jpg

51497649204_9e94bb5426_c.jpg

Guess which side is which :hhh:

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
shyt, Downtown SD isn't much better. Can't even go around Gaslamp without smelling piss from somewhere.

On the bright side, Skid Row is probably better than Barrio Logan.