LA is grimier than I thought

RiverCity916

South Sacramento
Daps
Reppin
Sacramento
Well we call Rosemont and Rancho and all that shyt "East Sac". The "East Sac" for white Sacramentans is where Sac State is at, I guess that's the "technical" East Sac. All that shyt is East Sacramento to me though, the college area, the area over by them big tennis courts, Rancho, Rosemont all that shyt...

What do you consider East Sac?

This is kind of a California thing in general I think, because we call North Highlands part of the "Nutty North", everybody consider that some Northside shyt...
I only recognize a north and south lol

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Why outside the Hollywood studios?

There's no parking rules or paid parking on those streets. But they did pass rules to prohibit living in your RV there, they just don't enforce anything. I drove thru there the other day, I used to date a girl that lived in the AVA apartments right up the hill and it wasn't this bad before

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Same thing with LSU
Shyt, USC is in gangland
Literally. But them criminals know not to fukk around on that campus. Its pretty well guarded. And a lot of money has went into that area. They tell u, if u cant see the clock tower or whatever tower they got, you've went too far and head back immediately

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps

I was out in that area last January. It was the week where it rained like crazy one day, like a monsoon. I stayed at a hotel on Manchester and Airport. Took the bus to the Harbor station, just a few streets north of where that listed house is located, a few times to go downtown.

The first time I tried to take the bus to Harbor station, I was trying to go to a Lakers game and misunderstood the bus driver (thought he said Harbor) and got off on Manchester and HARVARD instead. Said fukk it and took an Uber from there to Downtown. There was a big health insurance office (I think Kaiser Permanante) on Manchester where I posted up until it came (had a few rides cancel on me).

The second time, I was planning on going to Little Tokyo, and didn't make that mistake. But when I got to the harbor station, I went to the elevator to take it up to the platform where the express busses go. There were like 3-4 homeless guys, with all their shyt, just posted up in the elevator. I said fukk it and walked up the steps instead.

I have to say, once I got familiar with the routes and main roads, taking public transportation in LA isn't as bad as people make it out to be. I actually found it pretty effective. Also the busses were way quieter than the Bx9 :mjlol:. People kept to themselves or spoke low. I'd fukk with them again next time I'm in LA.

But to the point of this thread, LA has some really pretty and also some really ugly areas. The ugly areas aren't necessarily like the blight in Detroit or Baltimore. It's just like some ugly urban planning and design. There's something kind of beautiful about it though. Maybe because it looks different than what I am used to seeing in the east coast, there's something unique about some of the ugly areas of LA's urban development.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Yup.

LA is a city that was mainly built up in the 60's and 70's when architecture was basically rock bottom.

Sad thing is so many of the new buildings are dang near vacant or incomplete and construction has stopped. So there are incomplete, half-occupied buildings outright sitting there, for years.

WOAT potholes everywhere too. I just think of the millions of dollars of wear and tear these things wreck every year. The money is all up in the disease, not the cure.

Last edited: