LA breh's, what are the differences between Compton, South Central, Inglewood and Watts.

A1aaa

Respectful Fade Runner & Card Puller
Daps
a lot of black folks from LA have moved to IE / Riverside. :huhldup:

At that point, your QOL would be much better just moving to Texas or ATL.

I'd rather live in the middle of gang territory in South Central before some bullshyt place like San Bernardino or Rialto... :scusthov::scusthov::scusthov:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
a lot of black folks from LA have moved to IE / Riverside. :huhldup:

At that point, your QOL would be much better just moving to Texas or ATL.

I'd rather live in the middle of gang territory in South Central before some bullshyt place like San Bernardino or Rialto... :scusthov::scusthov::scusthov:

San Bernardino (that’s how you spell it?) looked like a nice place when I drove through it while traveling from Vegas to LA.

The Mountain View’s are GOAT.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
I need to be up on Sac history. Big Herc(the guy who runs the Fresh Out YT channel) is from Sac.

Yep Herc is from North Highlands, lotta history from that area. Herc kinda a weirdo tho lol...

There is really nothing out that documents street history in Sacramento, definitely not on the black side. Bit there is a ton of history, just like from the other cities. It's a story that deserve to be told, you hear about LA and Oakland all the time (rightfully so), but we gotta tell Sac's story too. And it would be fairly easy to tell, my family is multigenerational, and between my brothers and me, we have passes thru a lot of hoods. So the access wouldn't be terribly difficult...

Bit I don't live in Sac anymore, neither does one of my brothers, one is in prison, one is still actively engaged in the streets so he isn't concerned with documenting anything. I have two children on this side and it isn't like Sac is a quick drive away lol...

You hear more about San Diego and even San Francisco's former black history than Sac, and Sac has a MUCH stronger black culture and presence than either of those two cities, and always has. But they are bigger cities than Sacramento...

But I'ma do it one day, I would support Herc fronting a movement like that but he not on that time!

Cruised through Inglewood; Watts, and South Central a lot last week, it’s crazy that there are no majority black areas in LA County anymore. :beli:

It's almost like Mexicans made an effort to take over every last black neighborhood in California

There's still majority black hoods in LA but they all on the Westside of South Central...

Last edited:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
They gotta be there cause there are Jamaican restaurants, but I only knew one Jamaican family the whole time I lived there. Didn't know any Belizeans at all, no Haitians or Trinidadians. Knew a couple Black Cubans. Like I said all of them were in the better-off areas. I could just be forgetting people though if they were assimilated.

Ah damn, now that I remember I was rolling through South Central once and there was a whole Jamaican party going on. Like off of Figueroa maybe in the 50s, South Park area. I remember cause the accents took me by surprise, wasn't used to that at all.

I think I made a thread on the crip/blood gangs that are Belizean like OT Genesis and videos like this

It was dope listening to this brother speak because it was real shyt and no boasting like the young dudes do today.

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
It's almost like Mexicans made an effort to take over every last black neighborhood in California
Nah, black people started to leave and those areas were cheap enough to move into.

Now the blacks and Mexicans that are there still are starting to get pushed out by white gentrifiers

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
I think I made a thread on the crip/blood gangs that are Belizean like OT Genesis and videos like this

It was dope listening to this brother speak because it was real shyt and no boasting like the young dudes do today.

All them gangs probably got Belizeans but he extra a little, ain't that many gotdamn Belizeans in LA to say all them hoods are majority Belizean! Lol....I lived in his side as a kid, still got an Aunt over there, that area (USC area) is basically home for me in LA. We not Belizean and neither are alota nikkas over there, but yes, Belizeans have a presence in that part of LA, they be around and everybody knows or met someone Belizean if you in that area...

A1aaa

Respectful Fade Runner & Card Puller
Daps
San Bernardino (that’s how you spell it?) looked like a nice place when I drove through it while traveling from Vegas to LA.

The Mountain View’s are GOAT.

it was literally California's most dangerous city a few years ago :dead:

Sure, the mountains are nice... but don't sleep:

1-10.png

Ain't shyt to do out there, either... unlike neighborhoods in LA proper.