LA breh's, what are the differences between Compton, South Central, Inglewood and Watts.

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
But I get your sentiment though, in Cali specifically it has been uncontrolled. Itll reset once it busts, though. It'll take the bubble bursting to once again drive blacks back into California...
Man I wish, but honestly I think it’s a wrap regardless. The conditions that attracted our families from the South no longer exist, plus the last bubble that popped caused even more of us to bounce. Some folks of course would but not nearly enough to rebound all the folks who’ve left over the years.
:francis:

Yade

BigJohnsons lol
Daps
Nowadays nothing , those cities aren’t as bad as back in the day

Daps
It completely depends on where in those areas you live. Some parts of Inglewood are quiet as hell and others are hopping. South Central is a big area, shyt changes depending on where you are. There are spots (the Bottoms in Inglewood, the Jungle in South LA) where I feel uncomfortable if I ain't with someone from there I know, but there really aren't places where I'd expect to get jumped just walking around or shyt like that. We'd have about a shooting at year at our spot but every time it happened it felt like a crazy break from the norm, it wasn't like shooters were rolling around looking for trouble on the regular.

Inglewood Family is heavy in Inglewood centered around Century and Crenshaw and Crenshaw Mafia big too, otherwise most Black gangs are Crips - Hoover, Grape Street, Rollin' 40s, Rollin' 60s, Rollin' 90s, etc. Not all of them really even claim C anymore though, they're off on their own thing now and feud with other crips as much as they feud with bloods. There area still a few bloods out there like P Stones and Piru too.

There are a lot of Mexican and Central American gang bangers but I don't really know them. I got jumped by some idiot teenagers from Lennox 13 once but they don't seem very serious. It was kinda my fault anyway even though they were fools. You hear about 38th street, in prison you get Mexican Mafia but I don't know they got any presence in South LA like that. MS-13 is supposed to be around but I never saw them in the hood.

There ain't any place without Mexicans anymore - Watts and Compton are majority latino now and Inglewood feels like it's going to get that way. There are still plenty of neighborhoods that are mostly black though like around Crenshaw from the Bottoms to about Manchester, or up in Ladera Heights. A few of the schools are 70-80% Black but most of them now are at least half latino, even in Inglewood. There are a few Tongans around too mostly around the 100s/110s.

Some parts have been getting gentrified really recently. The stadium project will accelerate that a lot.

I think there was but it's still changing all the time. South LA is closer to East LA and the big hispanic areas, while Compton is closer to the South Bay (Gardena, Torrance), and Inglewood is pretty much independent out there in the middle, so their influences are different. If you pulled out black people from Compton/Watts/Inglewood in the 1970s and asked them to describe their neighborhoods, I think the culture would have been totally different than what they like today.
Lennox is a no go for black people

At 0:54 he says any black person in his hood getting smacked up

Sorry that happened to you though

Is the stadium being built in the black dominant areas of Inglewood?

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Lennox is a no go for black people

At 0:54 he says any black person in his hood getting smacked up

Sorry that happened to you though

Is the stadium being built in the black dominant areas of Inglewood?

It kills me when these vatos do black music, but are anti black...

:dead:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
That hood look like The Wood in Iraq where the VHP brothers be:

Google Maps

And like the Plazas on the North where the Plaza Rats be:

Google Maps

Me and my brother last year were talking about making a documentary on Sac street history one day, I really need to figure out how to get that started...

This is what I love about LA, there are still majority black areas, Hyde Park is still majority black as well as the other areas around the Jungles you mentioned. There ain't a majority black hood left in Sacramento. LA and Oakland still got those turfs...

Even still though I think what OTers not really able to grasp is even in heavy Cholo areas, the black culture is still strong in some!

I went to elementary school for a few years in University/Expo area, and still got people in that area. There are Belizeans up around that way, the Fruits and the 30s got Belizean affiliates...
I need to be up on Sac history. Big Herc(the guy who runs the Fresh Out YT channel) is from Sac.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Cruised through Inglewood; Watts, and South Central a lot last week, it’s crazy that there are no majority black areas in LA County anymore. :beli:

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
Compton - 40% Black / 56% Latino, 43K median income, ranked 27th out of 198 in crime.

Watts - 31% Black / 61% Latino, 25K median income, ranked 15th out of 198 in crime.

South Central - 36% Black / 60% Latino, 31K median income, ranked 9th out of 198 cities in crime.

Inglewood - 46% Black / 46% Latino, 46K median income, crime stats not listed.

Mapping L.A. - Los Angeles Times

It's almost like Mexicans made an effort to take over every last black neighborhood in California