KRS One : "I Can't Make Money In The U.S.A. Due to Lack Of Respect Of Hip Hop"

Daps
Hip Hop has the least loyal fanbase of any genre. Older Rock legends can still sell out shows and they have a lot of young and old people buy their albums. With Rap the most you can last is maybe 4 to 5 years before people start to abandoned you completely and move on to someone else. The smart thing to do is to move on to something else like acting or fashion so you can still eat when your rap fame is over and people can still remember you for something.

y que

Banned
Daps
he's not making money cuz he's corrrrrrny and thinks he's a delusional prophet for a now irrelevant culture

Yoda

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hip Hop
Hip Hop has the least loyal fanbase of any genre. Older Rock legends can still sell out shows and they have a lot of young and old people buy their albums. With Rap the most you can last is maybe 4 to 5 years before people start to abandoned you completely and move on to someone else. The smart thing to do is to move on to something else like acting or fashion so you can still eat when your rap fame is over and people can still remember you for something.

Act like krs one had big enough hits to sell out shows in his prime
Kanye will still sell big shows past his prime cuz he had the hits and adapts breh, its not cuz rap fans are terrible or whatever. Krs never had a crowd big enough to eat forever off of

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
Where did I say KRS can't tour the world :dahell:

I answered a very specific question about why rappers from the 80s don't make as much touring as other genres. Take the cape off.

Your absurd point was addressed in the 1st line. The rest of the post was not aimed at you

Ziploc

Celestial
Daps
A big KRS fan from jump but i agree that everthing has it's time and he is not exclusive to the message that he was pushing through hip hop.Younger cats have to pick up that mantle and wear it for this generation.It would be shortsighted to think that he would connect with a adolescent in 2016 with the same approach that made him a household name in the late 80's/90's.I have grown up too and it would be weird to keep doing the same things the same way for all of my life.My son likes RunDMC,he likes Bell Biv Devoe's album and i applaud that but he can't have the same experience with the music that I had cause he lacks the proper context and i understand that he can go from old school to Travis Scott and go dumb on Antidote because it resonates on a other level with him than with me cause i turned up to something entirely different when i was his age.I think the key to longevity with hip hop artists lies in their ability to grow up themselves.I always use Mobb Deep as an example of a group that never gave their listeners a chance to grow up with them.A big fan but as a father,a full time job and bills to pay i dont want to hear Grandfather P talking all reckless about shyt he has no business talking about at this stage in his life(maybe ever since his cred is somewhat Lion King status) and the same goes for some of my revolutionary artists.The message does not have to change but the messenger does..

Not The Ruler O9

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Be a smart dumb CAC from Scotland who didn't get into Hip-Hop until the Internet but call people ignorant brehs.