KRS One : "I Can't Make Money In The U.S.A. Due to Lack Of Respect Of Hip Hop"

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I get what he's saying...rap in general just isn't shown the same respect as other genres from it's core audience...the same people that grew up off and supported KRS and other artists from his era like Rakim, Public Enemy etc. wouldn't be caught dead at their shows in 2016...compare that with other genres like R&B, Soul, Funk, Jazz etc where groups like Earth, Wind & Fire, Isley brothers, Parliament etc. who til this day are still able to draw HUGE and continue to eat good off their CORE AUDIENCE decades after their peak(s) in popularity...shyt, even artists from my citys local/regional genre gogo are able to eat good off their core audience from the 80's/90's...you go to a show headlined by KRS, Rakim, Public Enemy in 2016 and you'll see nothing but a sparsely populated venue filled with hipster cacs ...rap just doesn't have the same connection with it's core audience as other genres.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's such ashamed A GOAT like KRS-One gotta go thru that:scusthov:

...Crimminal Minded/By All Means Necessary/Return of the Boom-Bap still Go HAM:wow:

That's my childhood:to:

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The ignorance of so many on here is astounding lol. Have absolutely no clue what they are talking about. A sea of ignorance, pollution and general misinformation. Can't save everybody though, some will awake and some will stay like that.

Barry Sanders

Barry>>>
Daps
Reppin
Silverdome
Krs put himself on a pedestal. Krs thinks he bigger than hip hop . Krs think he bigger than he really is. Krs a legend no doubt. But dude always complaining about something.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Legends don't make money in rap because we don't hold our legends in high regard. Rap is more about new then anything. KRS-One himself used to diss old school rap artist in his songs too. He knows how the game goes

"You know what you need to learn?
Old School artists don't always burn
You're just another rapper who's had his turn, now it's my turn" - KRS-One "Still Number 1" dissing Melle Mel

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
And of course the responses in this thread turned into a discussion about money and fame...

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
nikka haven't had a good album in like 20 years.

I'm sure his fans not wanna see him play his more modern music nor his old stuff since he performed them millions of times.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
a lot of old rappers make terrible music in modern times, so they cant expect to eat off that. the only thing they should be worried about is why their old classics dont get them good shows the way performing classics works in every other genre. it's definitely a flaw in hip hop culture, but i do have a feeling that certain rappers from the 90s will begin that classic oldie wave. i bet when jay z, nas, snoop, etc. are 60 years old, they will be able to book vegas, too bad that will be too late for dudes like KRS.

Yoda

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hip Hop
The ignorance of so many on here is astounding lol. Have absolutely no clue what they are talking about. A sea of ignorance, pollution and general misinformation. Can't save everybody though, some will awake and some will stay like that.

people who constantly talk about how "Awake" they are, and how everyone else is asleep, are usually the ones even more ignorant to the bigger picture.

krs one is wack. listen to young thug.

KangCraSS

Bytch Killa
Daps
Reppin
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TOWN
No he is a very egotistical self absorbed dude. His I am rap phase hurt him. He literally wanted to be the last word on the whole genre of rap.

I support legends and have seen many in concert. He is one dude I was never into. KRS was propelled by his voice and delivery not flow or lyrics.

Ask him what's good with Domingo?

Domingo is another one... But that's another story

KangCraSS

Bytch Killa
Daps
Reppin
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TOWN
Krs has had less than stellar releases. Horrible production, and just a horrible roll out, he has to have the ear of Nas and Can I bus combined. He has to make better music ..

Yoda

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hip Hop
HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE CRIMINAL MINDED??
YOU _ YOU _ YOU, YALL DONT BE BLINDED

kanye washed the old man on that track