KRS One : "I Can't Make Money In The U.S.A. Due to Lack Of Respect Of Hip Hop"

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One type of rap isn't getting a push. Just cause trap music has taken over and influence is undenied doesn't mean other sub genres within hip hop aren't getting attention

Drake, Kevin Gates, Kendrick, J Cole, Young Thug.. None of these artists sound remotely the same and neither is their subject matter.

Everyone in this thread all like "people don't wanna listen to REAL hip hop" sounding like some corny ass white back pack fans from the 00s when it has nothing to do with that. Subject matter isn't everything. Only on the Internet it is, not reality.
If subject matter isn't everything then are you even a fan of hip hop?

Wdr this is the dumbest thing I've read in a minute

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Youre an idiot. Hip hop music didn't start off with lyrics. As much as you clown revisionists like to act like it did. Act like Sugar Hill gang and Fab 5 didn't exist lol
What am I revising struggle cakes? Was subject matter still not important? Okay then then

y que

Banned
Daps
krs needs to hang it up

he been doing the same tired shyt since the 90's

at some point he shoulda focused on using his notoriety to do other things

50 yr old ass loser still trying to eat off of rapping about "real hip hop"

sounds like a personal problem

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
What is this madness you're talking about :why:..you white folk on here are losing your cotdamn minds boy

The thing is KRS, it's not only original acts that are getting world wide love. Dilated Peoples, Mobb Deep, Pusha T, Royce da 59, etc all have extended tours around Europe and Asia.

The main reason is that we don't get pushed the bullshyt on the radio like you do, so we generally find the jewels a lot more easily. Yes, the more commercial cats can come out here and shut it down, but the "others" can do it so much more easily.

For example tonight I'm going to see DJ Maseo (De La Soul) just play 45's all night, tomorrow he is doing a "J Dilla Changed My Life " set, last month Bobitto was down here doing his thing, DJ Premier has been killing it over in Australia for almost a month straight.

I'm strongly think the rest of the world being outside of the bubble helps these other artists shine a lot brighter
Repped
You said he's an author/lecturer/activist which are just really extensions of his art

It's not as if he became an actor like LL or full fledged record label exec
or took up a political position...

Microwave ignorant artist or not...his US fans from the 80s have abandoned him
They don't purchase his music or attend his shows like they did before...

That's a fact.

He is disgruntled by this

That's a fact.

Let's not speculate on what most people would or wouldn't do...
because I could easily say most people would face facts and accept
that being bitter won't change anything....
repped

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
When KRS starts working at Arby's or some shyt, @ me. Dude is still touring off music from 25 years ago. If you want to split hairs and say "well, not in the U.S."....who gives a fukk about where? Money is money.

Regardless, this is a silly ass comparison.

KRS is complaining because he can't make money off "keep it real hip-hop yo!" type bars in 2016 in the U.S.

Nelly is only making money because he's actively trying to cross over. Touring with boy bands, doing pop ballads and reality TV, etc.

I'm not even saying Nelly is wrong for doing that....but you're comparing apples and oranges. They aren't even in the same genre of music any more, for fukks sake.

Fred.
Actively trying to crossover? :mjlol:
Nelly has always been in that crossover lane:mjlol:

And how am I splitting hairs and comparing apples to oranges when YOU were the one comparing KRS touring off music he mad 25 years ago to Nelly going on tour with boy bands.
Eh.

Nelly won the battle, KRS won the war.

Nelly had a nice little 4-5 year run, now he's doing cereal commercials. His last album did like 10,000 first week.

KRS can still tour off shyt he did 25 years ago, breh.

Fred.
So now it's apples to oranges :mjlol:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
This is part of the reason I lost respect for him years ago.

When you don't know when to get out of the way, you get ran over...and he's been bitter about that for a while now.

On one end.... I do feel your point... but on the other..... I do think its kinda of wild and sad that old groups like KISS, Guns N Roses, Metallica, or hell even a Prince and etc can still tour and make they money in the states but we tell legendary rappers "no, its too late for you, you need to get out the game and just go somewhere and die"

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Actively trying to crossover? :mjlol:
Nelly has always been in that crossover lane:mjlol:

And how am I splitting hairs and comparing apples to oranges when YOU were the one comparing KRS touring off music he mad 25 years ago to Nelly going on tour with boy bands.

:what:

Because KRS is specifically talking about one thing. You took "I can't tour in the U.S." and somehow magically turned it into "KRS is broke"....which is bad enough....but then tried to say Nelly has more money in comparison....when he ain't even doing rap any more.

Aight brehette, you got it.

Fred.

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
:what:

Because KRS is specifically talking about one thing. You took "I can't tour in the U.S." and somehow magically turned it into "KRS is broke"....which is bad enough....but then tried to say Nelly has more money in comparison....when he ain't even doing rap any more.

Aight brehette, you got it.

Fred.
Quote me saying KRS was broke :jbhmm:
I said you was tryna compare KRS money to Nelly money as if KRS is in a better position. Which you did

And this man is saying he can't tour in the US. So who making more money, according to you:jbhmm:

But now Nelly ain't making rap no more :mjlol:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
you can't blame him, people don't want to listen to rap that isn't dumbed down. his last album he's rapping about shyt that's going on right now. everybody just want to turn up and not realize it's more than that in hip hop.
Why do you ignore cole and Kendrick going play

No one wants to listen to KrS1 anymore

Why don't his original fans support him