KRS One : "I Can't Make Money In The U.S.A. Due to Lack Of Respect Of Hip Hop"

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
I was in highschool in the year 2000, teacher was telling us how other countries are always late to catch up to our stuff.. he was saying how heavy metal is just hitting europe... reason people going to his shows or him making money out there is cuz they are now just getting into rap... it has nothing to do with them appreciating the music more.. I hope krs is smart enough to recognize that.

Sorry but Your teacher had no idea wtf he was talking about.. That wasn't/isn't true at all. At least not for heavy Metal

Real N Quotes

East Is In The House OMG
Daps
KRS 1 is one of my favs but real talk dude has been wack for almost 20 years

All dude needed to do was continue to make heat

he fell off only because of his music and vanity

yall remember when X clan dissed him?

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
There is a lack of longevity in rap among the younger crowd.

Back in the day 1 album lasted years but now rappers are pushing it out left and right in lower quality.

Then you add mostly one type of rap getting the most push there shows a lack of variety.

So I can see why he would be pissed. Many legends of other genres still eat after all of these years.

One type of rap isn't getting a push. Just cause trap music has taken over and influence is undenied doesn't mean other sub genres within hip hop aren't getting attention

Drake, Kevin Gates, Kendrick, J Cole, Young Thug.. None of these artists sound remotely the same and neither is their subject matter.

Everyone in this thread all like "people don't wanna listen to REAL hip hop" sounding like some corny ass white back pack fans from the 00s when it has nothing to do with that. Subject matter isn't everything. Only on the Internet it is, not reality.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
One type of rap isn't getting a push. Just cause trap music has taken over and influence is undenied doesn't mean other sub genres within hip hop aren't getting attention

Drake, Kevin Gates, Kendrick, J Cole, Young Thug.. None of these artists sound remotely the same and neither is their subject matter.

Everyone in this thread all like "people don't wanna listen to REAL hip hop" sounding like some corny ass white back pack fans from the 00s when it has nothing to do with that. Subject matter isn't everything. Only on the Internet it is, not reality.
Trap rap has taken over the mainstream. Yes other kind of rap isnt getting push. J Cole and Kendrick are one of the few other types of rappers in the mainstream. The rest the trap rap and borderline pop.

Compared to the 90 and even the 2000s this aint variety.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Sorry but Your teacher had no idea wtf he was talking about.. That wasn't/isn't true at all. At least not for heavy Metal

It's true, they are always on the late train when it comes to our music.. maybe he didn't say heavy metal but he mentioned some type of music, either way u get my point so :camby:

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
the opinions of the coli don't reflect the real world dude. Smarten up. I

moreso on the internet. people still listen to rappers like KRS One religiously. today's hip hop is for youngsters, all that shyt is about popping pills and becoming a crackhead instead of educating the youth on the reality of what's really going on in the world today. people struggling to pay bills, getting out of debt, etc. these kids don't know what's real and what's an illusion.

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
Trap rap has taken over the mainstream.

Compared to the 90 and even the 2000s this aint variety.

How is there not variety? I listen to every sub genre within hip hop. There's plenty of variety, you just are letting the mainstream lead you to believe other wise

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
How is there not variety? I listen to every sub genre within hip hop. There's plenty of variety, you just are letting the mainstream lead you to believe other wise
I am talking strictly mainstream.

They used to have variety in the mainstream which let other types of rappers get money. Now the mainstream labels mainly push trap rap and borderline pop.

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
moreso on the internet. people still listen to rappers like KRS One religiously. today's hip hop is for youngsters, all that shyt is about popping pills and becoming a crackhead instead of educating the youth on the reality of what's really going on in the world today. people struggling to pay bills, getting out of debt, etc. these kids don't know what's real and what's an illusion.

This mind state is exactly why people consider NY'ers as lames

This board is notorious for claiming all the shyt poppin is just druggy, bang bang music with no real struggle as if that entire sub genre isn't a direct reflection of people's struggle. There's plenty of trap artists rapping about that. But people here a beat and popular slang like "thot" or some shyt in it and automatically write it off. There's rappers from all over rapping bout those things you named, you just don't like it.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
people still listen to rappers like KRS One religiously

giphy.gif