KRS One : "I Can't Make Money In The U.S.A. Due to Lack Of Respect Of Hip Hop"

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Jay-Z is close to the same age as these guys and is still doing numbers

Most young kids aren't trying to hear led Zeppelin like that stop it.

Wepa Man

Ramblings Of An Angry Old Man
Supporter
Daps
Real Hip Hop is not loved in the US.. Other country's love it though

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
The problem is guys in my age group didn't grow with him. Guys in my age group, a few years to a decade behind him, are still chasing behind Future and Thugga. Or as some guys on this forum stated, feel as though they've outgrown hip hop and start listening to music from their parents era.

The only rapper who was on the right page was Sean Price when he coined the phrase "Grown man rap".

The entire blueprint and format needs to be changed for mature rappers.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So @hexagram23 werent you tryna convince me that KRS won that battle with nelly and is out here getting more money than him :jbhmm:

Last I heard Nelly was doing 20 minute opening sets for New Kids On The Block. Maybe if KRS went that route he could tour in the U.S. :manny:

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
And for the record Nelly ain't even doing rap any more.

Maybe if KRS started doing pop ballads he could make some bread in the U.S. :manny:

Fred.

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
Last I heard Nelly was doing 20 minute opening sets for New Kids On The Block. Maybe if KRS went that route he could tour in the U.S. :manny:

Fred.
I see, so first you was tryna talk money on some "he touring off music he mad 25 years ago" and now that KRS admitted to not making money like that, let's go back to the "he keeping it real" route:mjlol:
Nelly out here doing 20 minute sets for middle aged white moms in Wisconsin making more money that KRS :mjlol:

soulfuljah

All Star
Daps
Kanye will still sell big shows past his prime cuz he had the hits and adapts breh, its not cuz rap fans are terrible or whatever. Krs never had a crowd big enough to eat forever off of
Nah breh. It's because a good bulk of Kanye's fans are cacs... :manny:

Cheech&Chong

rip chinx
Daps
Reppin
Plus his over seas shows are jumping cuz they haven't seen him preform every year since 1985. A Krs One show in a foreign country is rare, Krs One playing at the palladium is not

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I see, so first you was tryna talk money on some "he touring off music he mad 25 years ago" and now that KRS admitted to not making money like that, let's go back to the "he keeping it real" route:mjlol:
Nelly out here doing 20 minute sets for middle aged white moms in Wisconsin making more money that KRS :mjlol:

When KRS starts working at Arby's or some shyt, @ me. Dude is still touring off music from 25 years ago. If you want to split hairs and say "well, not in the U.S."....who gives a fukk about where? Money is money.

Regardless, this is a silly ass comparison.

KRS is complaining because he can't make money off "keep it real hip-hop yo!" type bars in 2016 in the U.S.

Nelly is only making money because he's actively trying to cross over. Touring with boy bands, doing pop ballads and reality TV, etc.

I'm not even saying Nelly is wrong for doing that....but you're comparing apples and oranges. They aren't even in the same genre of music any more, for fukks sake.

Fred.