Kojima shyts on American gamers for not appreciating his new game "Death Stranding"

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
Whether you like FPS games or not, you're either lying about never playing COD or you've just forced yourself for like 2 decades to intentionally not play any of them...I know people that don't even play games that has picked up a controller to try COD at some point in time

I haven't played Call of Duty since COD 4 Modern Warfare and that was in 2007.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
How many people in this thread saying the game sucks or is a waste of time have played it and can prove it? Not watched it or read reviews and made up their mind I'm talking played it up till past chapter 3 at least.
I'm starting tonight but @Mowgli is pretty far.

Even @MeachTheMonster has it I believe.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
How many people in this thread saying the game sucks or is a waste of time have played it and can prove it? Not watched it or read reviews and made up their mind I'm talking played it up till past chapter 3 at least.
Are you saying that you have to play a game to know its gameplay doesn't interest you? If you don't like fighting games the best fighting game in the world isn't gonna move you even if they tether an amazing story to it. Maybe that story interests you but the gameplay around it doesn't.

I still stand by what I said about this game months ago. If Kojima's name wasn't attached to this it could be the same exact game it is now and most people likely wouldn't have given it a second glance. It's impressive how much pull his name has. There are people reviewing the game and calling it boring but arguing they like it.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Are you saying that you have to play a game to know its gameplay doesn't interest you? If you don't like fighting games the best fighting game in the world isn't gonna move you even if they tether an amazing story to it. Maybe that story interests you but the gameplay around it doesn't.

I still stand by what I said about this game months ago. If Kojima's name wasn't attached to this it could be the same exact game it is now and most people likely wouldn't have given it a second glance. It's impressive how much pull his name has. There are people reviewing the game and calling it boring but arguing they like it.
Nah I'm not saying that. I'm just saying the people that are highly opinionated saying Kojima is pretentious, the game is wack and just basically drawing conclusions based off what they read or heard. If you aren't interested then :yeshrug:.

The "if Kojima name wasn't attached to this nobody would care" argument is so silly.

That's like saying if another game just like GTA came out without the Rockstar name attached to it no one would care.
If a game just like Uncharted came out that wasn't from Naughty Dog no one would care.
If a shooter that was exactly like Halo came out but was from another company nobody would be interested.
How many games are just like Smash Brothers that no one really cares about?
Slap City is just like Smash Bros yet is it wrong that people are interested in Smash because of who's in it?

Of course the name or pedigree of the developer propels the game up in the public's eye. There's nothing wrong with that. I don't see why people say this as if that's a bad thing. People have expectations from certain things. It being a game from Kojima and featured and advertised by a giant like Sony helps it a lot.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Yeah, I got it, and I think it’s pretty good so far, but Kojima is full of shyt. Plenty of games low on combat get good scores by American critics.

Dude made a very divisive game, it is what it is. Making deliveries on foot is just not very engaging to a lot of people, no matter how many game systems you throw at it.

Ive enjoyed it, but I’m already getting tired of it. Should have just made it shorter, or one singular goal like climbing a mountain or hiking across the country. This back and forth delivery shyt is for the birds. I think everything is there as far as this being a good game, but the pacing and the way it’s put together is all fukked up. I think a 7.5-8 is a good score:manny:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I've played Telltale's Walking Dead and like games. It's not about shooting its about the gameplay and the idea of a game built off fetch quest looking uninteresting. I played Life is Strange and enjoyed it. Story can dominate a game and still have it be enjoyable.

I'm not that far. Got caught up doing side missions in the first 3 depots.

Once uu ge the bike don't be like me still walking around. I took time to make safe walking routes between all 4 sites