Kojima is the most overrated game developer in history

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Obviously the trailers and the marketing for the game is purposely subverting people. I mean, they already talked about the "gameplay" details at some point.
Tons of weapons, vehicles, gadgets and gear from multiple era's, from clubs to single shot muskets to energy swords.

The baby is something that exists as a singular, it is not something that is instanced each time you boot up the game. The baby is a single entity. He is what is causing the time distortions and dimensions crossing over, which is multiplayer.

When the community has reached the end of the game, there will need to be a global decision made to kill the baby and end DS multiplayer forever, or allow it to live and continue the multiplayer experience.

Players in other games can do things at certain points in time that will have a butterfly effect in your game, this can happen both while you are actively playing or while the game is off. They can be positive or bad things (Stick or rope)

PVP can happen at any point if you and another player accidentally cross timelines while time traveling.

When you die that timeline is closed forever, significant things that encapsulate that Sam's story in that timeline will travel with you to the ocean floor before you re-emerge and continue in a new timeline. As you and other players pollute the ocean, it will cause sea-life to die and wash up on shore
Anybody remember the first trailer for MGSV? BEFORE it was actually known to be MGSV?

They had someone with a full face wrap interviewed named Joakim, developed by a studio named "Moby dikk" studios. They didn't even say it was Konami. I mean Kojima is fukkery. it's part of the fun.

I mean look at this shyt.

Can anyone seriously say they knew exactly what "Phantom Pain" was going to be? It wasn't even revealed as MGS or anything. Even the music came off as some horror game.

Just some dude crawling with random shyt going on, whales and a man on fire. People were analyzing trailers, looking for clues to see if it was MGSV and wasn't exactly sure.

Afterwards it finally gets revealed and we know it is MGSV and then we saw how deep the gameplay is. Gamers these days are so fickle. Like, the game isn't coming out fukking next month man. Whether you know what the game is exactly right now or 6 months from release isn't going to make a deal of difference.

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
It's going to be :mjlol: watching people force themselves to like this :mjlol:

@Kamikaze Revy going to be in the game thread giving updates and tips how to move boxes up mountains and the best possible times to pull a baby our of your ass...and he going to convince himself that it's actual more fun that BOTW:mjlol:

Kojima has drifted into this weird phase where he obviously cares more about his "vision" and "art" than actual games...

We kind of need this to flop so he can get back to making real games that we want to play...not this united state postal service reverse baby suppository simulator...
Who authorized you to mention my name? :scust:
I don't have to convince myself of anything other than whether or not you have the stripes to box with a boss. :DAIGOSCUSTHOV:
I bury you cock-a-roaches disrespecting The GOAT. :DAIGOSNAKECHIBI:

Ill-Mind

Midwest Moonwalker
Daps
Obviously the trailers and the marketing for the game is purposely subverting people. I mean, they already talked about the "gameplay" details at some point.

Anybody remember the first trailer for MGSV? BEFORE it was actually known to be MGSV?

They had someone with a full face wrap interviewed named Joakim, developed by a studio named "Moby dikk" studios. They didn't even say it was Konami. I mean Kojima is fukkery. it's part of the fun.

I mean look at this shyt.

Can anyone seriously say they knew exactly what "Phantom Pain" was going to be? It wasn't even revealed as MGS or anything. Even the music came off as some horror game.

Just some dude crawling with random shyt going on, whales and a man on fire. People were analyzing trailers, looking for clues to see if it was MGSV and wasn't exactly sure.

Afterwards it finally gets revealed and we know it is MGSV and then we saw how deep the gameplay is. Gamers these days are so fickle. Like, the game isn't coming out fukking next month man. Whether you know what the game is exactly right now or 6 months from release isn't going to make a deal of difference.

That was obvious as fukk that was going to be a Metal Gear Solid game, you clearly see Big Boss in the video you posted. I guessed that's what it was along with rest of the gaming community, everyone suspected it was the next Metal Gear game. There was nothing wrong with that game's roll out.

The issue here is Death Stranding's setting and ideas from what we've seen so far is clearly some wannabe abstract bullshyt and some of yall are giving it a pass because it's coming from Kojima

Daps
Reppin
Green
Trash or not yall still gon cop:mjlol:

Sony:win:
Hideo Kojima is the best video game developer ever. He's a legend, up there with Shigeru Miyamoto and Peter Molyneux. I'm on a media blackout and I'm plopping down sixty green bucks day 1 for this game whenever it releases on whatever platform. The man hasn't let me down once!

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's pretty obvious that he's establishing a character and a world. The protag might have a job, but something goes horribly wrong...

Kojima always throws curveballs and plays with the audience perception. You should know this by now as every single one of his games subverts cliche and has at least one random freak twist

Yall been accustomed to the same world he's been working on for a while now (MGS), but he always does this. There's just less familiarity to ground your feet on, and I think someone like him thrives on that. Just wait a bit before making up your mind. This man gave us classics and changed storytelling in gaming

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Green
It's pretty obvious that he's establishing a character and a world. The protag might have a job, but something goes horribly wrong...

Kojima always throws curveballs and plays with the audience perception. You should know this by now as every single one of his games subverts cliche and has at least one random freak twist

Yall been accustomed to the same world he's been working on for a while now (MGS), but he always does this. There's just less familiarity to ground your feet on, and I think someone like him thrives on that. Just wait a bit before making up your mind. This man gave us classics and changed storytelling in gaming
The Japanese tend to have superior story telling elements in their video games and this man is an iconoclast.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
let's not forget he left Konami on bad terms. it's not like he was over there with complete freedom doing exactly what he wanted. you can tell some of the issues with mgs4 and mgs5 were not his decision. especially when he was out there saying one thing and they were saying the opposite.

that said as dumb as the trailer looked it will be interesting to see the game with that sony freedom and budget. it's probably the first time he got to fully realize his vision in a minute

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
:dead: wtf was that shyt :deadmanny::deadmanny:

MSG4 = Interactive Movie

MSG5= Who remembers a damn thing about that game? O wait you play as Big Bosses nurse :dead:

FedEx the game = The worst clusterfucck in gaming history.
Dapped and repped. Couldn't agree more.

Its predominantly the japonophiles that overhype that clown. His story lines have been absolute garbage since the NES. Last great Metal Gear was 3. The rest have been BS.

Snake eater is in my top 5 all time games. Truly epic gaming. Story mad absolutely no sense though, but presentation and game play was fukking epic. Ironically Snakeeater was the last must own Playstation title.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dapped and repped. Couldn't agree more.

Its predominantly the japonophiles that overhype that clown. His story lines have been absolute garbage since the NES. Last great Metal Gear was 3. The rest have been BS.

Snake eater is in my top 5 all time games. Truly epic gaming. Story mad absolutely no sense though, but presentation and game play was fukking epic. Ironically Snakeeater was the last must own Playstation title.
giphy.gif

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
Idk about Japanese with superior storytelling since I feel like they've been slipping the past decade or more.